How does temperature effect androgel?

b4554

Awards
The box says to store it at 77 deg F excursions permitted to 59-86 deg F. I hadn't realized this until today and I left the box of it in my truck and it got down to the forties last night. Did it hurt it? Thanks.

RPHMark

Awards
Not a big deal. Might be an issue if it actually froze or got extremely hot, but this is nothing to worry about.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Not a big deal. Might be an issue if it actually froze or got extremely hot, but this is nothing to worry about.
Mark;
on topic of usefull life.
womensinternational does compounded DepoTestosterone
it is based on sesame oil rather than cottonseed oil that is used in original or generic DepoT.
Original DepoT have a stamped expiration date about 9months out.

womensinternational assign 6 months usefull life to their compounded T, 26 weeks

Usefull life is not a problem with their 10mL vials.
They also supply 30mL vails, $99.75
Assuming good size weekly dose of 150mg/week
that vial would last 40 weeks.

Do you have some information or opinion on (actual) usefull life of this products?
=================================================
At first I was using Androgel.
latter switched to Tcream now DepoT.

I ended up with good stash of Androgel, about year worth on 10grams/day.

One day either I or my wife may use it.

Any comments on usefull life of Androgel?

RPHMark

Awards
I would say that for an injectable product I would never use it past the date given, especially if the vial has been entered multiple times (for sterility reasons). In practice, I would tell someone not to use an entered vial for more than one month normally, 2 to 3 max (but I do use my test cyp for longer). As for the Androgel, it should be good well past the expiration date (I would think at least a year). Most expiration studies on drugs are simply cut off when the manufacturer is done. A US Army study several years ago verified that all of the drugs in their stockpile were good long after their expiration.
Careful about the wife. Women's dose of topical Test is a small fraction of men's, usually 1 to 5mg in a cream, maybe slightly more in a gel, but not much.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I would say that for an injectable product I would never use it past the date given, especially if the vial has been entered multiple times (for sterility reasons). In practice, I would tell someone not to use an entered vial for more than one month normally, 2 to 3 max (but I do use my test cyp for longer). As for the Androgel, it should be good well past the expiration date (I would think at least a year). Most expiration studies on drugs are simply cut off when the manufacturer is done. A US Army study several years ago verified that all of the drugs in their stockpile were good long after their expiration.
Careful about the wife. Women's dose of topical Test is a small fraction of men's, usually 1 to 5mg in a cream, maybe slightly more in a gel, but not much.
Thank you.

So, more specifically, the 30mL vial that would last 40 weeks would have to be disposed of after 3 months, right?

On sterility due to damage to rubber stopper on the vial.

Smomeone who uses 30ga needle to draw oil should expect less sterility problem than someone who draws with large needle???
I am thinking of 40 30ga holes vs 40 27ga holes.
That would be 20 weeks worth of holes on 2/week schedule.
---
The 30mL vial would have 80 holes on end of 40 weeks life.

muslhead

Awards
Thank you.

So, more specifically, the 30mL vial that would last 40 weeks would have to be disposed of after 3 months, right?

On sterility due to damage to rubber stopper on the vial.

Smomeone who uses 30ga needle to draw oil should expect less sterility problem than someone who draws with large needle???
I am thinking of 40 30ga holes vs 40 27ga holes.
That would be 20 weeks worth of holes on 2/week schedule.
---
The 30mL vial would have 80 holes on end of 40 weeks life.

You are correct, smaller gauge needles leave smaller holes. What is really interesting if you have had a chance to see it happen is that the rubber stopper oxidizes over time and each stick with a needle can leave rubber "floaters" in the oil. This is why I like to use various sites on the stopper where I stick the needle to. Also, if you have a large vial (say 30 mls) I like to split into 3 vials of 10mls each and thereby reducing the risk of infection (less entries into each vial before it has all been used)
MH
I would not be too worried though. Depending upon the BA content used its highly unlikely you

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
viscosity and density will increase. It will might freeze at that temperature. But as long as you let it warm back up you will be fine. Cold temperatures will actually preserve the shelf life of testosterone.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You are correct, smaller gauge needles leave smaller holes. What is really interesting if you have had a chance to see it happen is that the rubber stopper oxidizes over time and each stick with a needle can leave rubber "floaters" in the oil. This is why I like to use various sites on the stopper where I stick the needle to. Also, if you have a large vial (say 30 mls) I like to split into 3 vials of 10mls each and thereby reducing the risk of infection (less entries into each vial before it has all been used)
MH
I would not be too worried though. Depending upon the BA content used its highly unlikely you
I am slow today, excellent advice.
Get (cheep $99.75) 30mL vial of compounded testosterone.
Get two sterile 10mL vials.
Get 10mL syringe with as small needle as possible.
Divide content into 3 vials.

I think there must be a limit to a rubber stopper resistance to punctures.
====================================================

Have you been using compounded testosterone for injectios.
what is your experience?

My experience is only with original Depo_T.

muslhead

Awards
To be on the safe side you might want to get a whatman filter in addition to the sterile vials and use it while transferring to the new vials. It just a precautionary measure.
MH

RPHMark

Awards
JanSz,
Smaller needle gauge is definetly better for sterility purposes, but the number of entries into the vial is probably more important. Each puncture is another opportunity to inadvertantly allow contaminants into the vial. Keep in mind, when the product was maufactured, it was intended to be punctured about 10 times for a 10ml vial. Any time you can get the volume divided up I would do it. I would much rather have 2 vials of 5ml than 1 vial of 10ml. I would be very concerned about trying to divide up a 30ml vial when you don't have a sterile environment (like a laminar flow hood used to mix sterile products). Oils are a huge pain to filter without blowing out the filter itself. But if you tried the only good way would be a 0.22 micron syringe tip filter.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,
Smaller needle gauge is definetly better for sterility purposes, but the number of entries into the vial is probably more important. Each puncture is another opportunity to inadvertantly allow contaminants into the vial. Keep in mind, when the product was maufactured, it was intended to be punctured about 10 times for a 10ml vial. Any time you can get the volume divided up I would do it. I would much rather have 2 vials of 5ml than 1 vial of 10ml. I would be very concerned about trying to divide up a 30ml vial when you don't have a sterile environment (like a laminar flow hood used to mix sterile products). Oils are a huge pain to filter without blowing out the filter itself. But if you tried the only good way would be a 0.22 micron syringe tip filter.
I think diclaimer should be put somewhere on this thread.

The 30mL vial should not be used, the safety of using it is uncertain on the long run. The money saved between
10ml vial -$47.50
and
30ml vial -99.75
is not worth the trouble.

RPHMark

Awards
I completely agree. I would never use a 30ml vial until it was gone, there are just too many chances to contaminate the vial. It might never happen, but if it did one abcess or episode of sepsis would be way too many times for me.