Anything to be concerned about?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Dougfl I think your right. I am still waiting on my blood draw orders from Dr. John. I am sure he is very busy but I am hoping I can get it tomorrow. Today I thought what the hell and stopped by to see if the Ol blood pressure would cooperate. My highest ever 200/112 two hours later at home, 130/72. This is the craziest crap I have encountered. I had anxiety really bad for many years and while I still have it on occasion it has been way better since my hormone stuff has been straitened out. I even got off the antianxiety medicine I was taking. I just wonder if all of those years of having anxiety has fried my CNS and every time I get stressed even just a little if my BP shoots up. Funny thing is I didn't feel very anxious on my first two trips to the blood bank and only a little today. I would hate to see what it is when I really get stressed. Anyway, hopefully I can get this over by tomorrow but it looks like I will need a script every time I need to donate. Thanks for everyone’s input! I really appreciate it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bioman3131 View Post
    Dougfl I think your right. I am still waiting on my blood draw orders from Dr. John. I am sure he is very busy but I am hoping I can get it tomorrow. Today I thought what the hell and stopped by to see if the Ol blood pressure would cooperate. My highest ever 200/112 two hours later at home, 130/72. This is the craziest crap I have encountered. I had anxiety really bad for many years and while I still have it on occasion it has been way better since my hormone stuff has been straitened out. I even got off the antianxiety medicine I was taking. I just wonder if all of those years of having anxiety has fried my CNS and every time I get stressed even just a little if my BP shoots up. Funny thing is I didn't feel very anxious on my first two trips to the blood bank and only a little today. I would hate to see what it is when I really get stressed. Anyway, hopefully I can get this over by tomorrow but it looks like I will need a script every time I need to donate. Thanks for everyone’s input! I really appreciate it.

Maybe you ought to give it a rest. The process is starting to spiral - you're getting anxious about getting anxious.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Maybe you ought to give it a rest. The process is starting to spiral - you're getting anxious about getting anxious.
    I agree, I have been battleing anxiety and panick attacks for years and most of the time your mind is your worst enemy. I would let it go for a while and try not to dwell. You do not want this episode to cause you to start getting nervous about more things more often.

4. You’re absolutely right. I do need to let it go for a while and I agree it does seem like your mind is your worst enemy at times when you battle anxiety. I guess this just really lit the fire because I am very concerned that everything stays right in regard to my HRT. I am finally where I need to be with it and don’t want anything changing. The anxiety stuff really does suck though. If you keep that door shut all is great but if you allow it to be cracked open a little too far it floods in and there isn’t a whole lot you can do but ride it out.

5. I gave blood today and my BP was 162/82, then after I finished it was something like 158 over some high number.

Normally I am under 124/82 or so. I self-check it 20 times/week or so.
    •   

6. I was finally able to give blood today and I guess I will starting blood pressure medicine as well, Atenolol as per my family doc. I am still kind of concerned with the iron levels though. I think they are testing hematocrit at the blood bank. Two weeks ago mine was 51 and today it was 54. The technician said it should be below 38. Is anyone familiar with these values? They keep acting like they are outrageously high. I had blood work done about two months ago and Dr. John didn't say anything was that out of wack just that it was time for me to donate blood.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bioman3131 View Post
    I was finally able to give blood today and I guess I will starting blood pressure medicine as well, Atenolol as per my family doc. I am still kind of concerned with the iron levels though. I think they are testing hematocrit at the blood bank. Two weeks ago mine was 51 and today it was 54. The technician said it should be below 38. Is anyone familiar with these values? They keep acting like they are outrageously high. I had blood work done about two months ago and Dr. John didn't say anything was that out of wack just that it was time for me to donate blood.
    I go with Dr John here.

This technician is a little out of her league I think.

FYI - If you speak with a local clinic about your HRT situation, they should be happy to take your blod even if they cannot use it, for your good.

8. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Bioman carefull about the BP meds. They are well known to clog up the liver and cause a sluggish liver, which leads to higher E2, quite possibly bad 16 hydroxy as well.

Make sure you monitor E2 even more closely.

10. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 29yo with 362 total test- Something to be concerned about?
    By thomps5 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 03:14 PM
  2. Reason to be concerned?
    By SilverZ06 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 01:14 AM
  3. Should I Be Concerned About My Seum Test Level?
    By preston25 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
  4. should i be concerned about venom hyperdrive
    By loony41 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
  5. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 11:07 PM