Anyone heard of or familiar with "Monavie"? Got a friend at the gym who swears on it.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Anyone heard of or familiar with "Monavie"? Got a friend at the gym who swears on it.

I have a friend at the gym who is so hyped on "Monavie", an acai berry drink, that I'm not sure where to start.

He's a decent guy, but seems to have bought the marketing BS hook, line and sinker. According to him, this is the greatest thing ever given humanity. While the acai berry is said to be a powerful antioxidant, I am very, very skeptical--especially of anything that costs about $35-$40 for ONE bottle--a bottle that might last a week or so.

I've Googled it for a bit, but thought I'd get the gang's input and comments. Discuss?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is the biggest scam in the history of supplements. You can get the active ingredient (acai) in pill form for less then 10 bucks. This Monavie crap is a proprietary blend with a bunch of juice added to who know how much of the Acai berry. I know some people who are pimping this stuff like its the cure for cancer. All of the people selling this stuff act like they are in a secret Monavie cult.

aculpep

Awards
This stuff is not a scam and is a good product. My family uses it and I used it for awhile also. Problem is with all the multi-level marketing push with it it takes away from the fact that it is a good product. Kinda like the nature's plus products like "red lighting" and all those. All that stuff if expensive unfortunately so you'd have to decide if it's worth it or not. You could always try a bottle and see if you like it and feel a difference. But yeah I hate the multi level marketing crap though.

Allen

I have a friend at the gym who is so hyped on "Monavie", an acai berry drink, that I'm not sure where to start.

He's a decent guy, but seems to have bought the marketing BS hook, line and sinker. According to him, this is the greatest thing ever given humanity. While the acai berry is said to be a powerful antioxidant, I am very, very skeptical--especially of anything that costs about $35-$40 for ONE bottle--a bottle that might last a week or so.

I've Googled it for a bit, but thought I'd get the gang's input and comments. Discuss?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
This stuff is not a scam and is a good product. My family uses it and I used it for awhile also. Problem is with all the multi-level marketing push with it it takes away from the fact that it is a good product. Kinda like the nature's plus products like "red lighting" and all those. All that stuff if expensive unfortunately so you'd have to decide if it's worth it or not. You could always try a bottle and see if you like it and feel a difference. But yeah I hate the multi level marketing crap though.

Allen
Its a scam dude...Do a search on the active (Acai) and a potent extract can be had (over a months supply) for less than 10 bucks.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I agree, but if acai is so great why aren't we all taking it?

Its a scam dude...Do a search on the active (Acai) and a potent extract can be had (over a months supply) for less than 10 bucks.
I can't help but wonder why we aren't all taking acai if it's the greatest since sex.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Probably because it not lol. If you want real super anti oxidant power that DOES work go with Alpha Lipoic Acid. Those Monavie crack heads almost got my mom to buy a bottle of their "snake oil" until I showed her on the label that it was a little acai berry blended with a bunch of fruit juice and then put in a really nice bottle and and sold for $40!