Black Circles under eyes.........

spinn

Awards
  • Established
When I feel my worst....I often have black circles under my eyes.

They look like Bill Clinton's eyes when he was lying about Monica Lewinski.

What does this indicate and how can I correct or prevent this?

I am not worried about the aesthetics of this....I just want to know what my body is trying to tell me.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established

I am not worried about the aesthetics of this....I just want to know what my body is trying to tell me.
I was thinking about posting the same question, I too want to know.

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
get some sleep?
For me that is not the problem, I aim for 8 hours min. I tried even sleeping 10 hours + for 2 weeks in the past. It does not work, at least for me.

Megazoid

Awards
I believe the dark circles are a sign of adrenal fatigue (if i recall correct). It might be worth getting some cortisol + DHEA tests ran.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good antioxidants also seem to help a little. I've had the dark circles since I was a little kid and have heard several explanations for their cause..adrenals, toxins in the lymph system et cetera...but I'd like to know the truth.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
This won't do anything for the cause, but I've used a product called Teamine and my circles are gone, as is much of the puffiness around my eyes.

You can find it the cheapest on Ebay.

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
It could prob be a combo with fatigue and a lack of sleep. Reset A.D. would be good for adrenal function and try getting more solid sleep with some gaba and melatonin. It's just an idea that came to me but let's try it

RPHMark

Awards
There is at least some connection with allergies as well. I've had them since I was a kid too. Better at some times, worse at others but never gone.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
With me...its not lack of sleep.....although I have difficulty with that.

It is adrenal fatigue....but I am wondering what my body is signaling it is deficient in?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
These circles are kinda like a bruise: it's essentially blood trapped in the tissue under your eye. I guess there's a prescription drug coming out now that can treat this.

I would imagine getting some better sleep would be a better means ot going about this, but you know how the Big Pharm companies are: there's a damn chemical to 'fix' whatever ails you.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Ive been told this is from two things. One is poor liver function.....so toxins...and the other is shotty kidney function.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Well, whatever the cause here's several things that have helped a little;

for allergies..methyl B12, preferably injectible, pretty much cures my allergies and does reduce the circles a bit. A stuffy head definitely adds to the bags.

Bio-C..vitamin C mixed with Rutin and/or citrus bioflavinoids to extend it''s halflife. Helps allergies and adrenals.

for liver/kidney; Liv 52 and apple cider vinegar mixed with a packet or two of Emergen-C. Used daily, this not only gave me way more energy, reduced my circles but also made my chronic cystic acne all but disappear after 20 years of battling it. Since liver function is tied to everything..it makes sense.

Low dose DHEA if you need it.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
for liver/kidney; Liv 52 and apple cider vinegar mixed with a packet or two of Emergen-C. Used daily, this not only gave me way more energy, reduced my circles but also made my chronic cystic acne all but disappear after 20 years of battling it. Since liver function is tied to everything..it makes sense.
Yep, that doesnt surprise me at all. I would go a step further and get an FLDP to see HOW your liver really functions. If you get the phase 1 to phase 2 detoxification ratio right, it make a huge difference to your overall health. Everything from mental clarity, to energy, to how you metabolise drugs.

You may need to go a step further again and look at gut bugs as well, since an imbalance in your intestinal tract can wreak havoc on your liver. Im talking bad bugs like Clostridium, Strep, Staph infections etc......Gut and liver go hand in hand.

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards

b6/b12 deficiency, for real

Well, whatever the cause here's several things that have helped a little;

for allergies..methyl B12, preferably injectible, pretty much cures my allergies and does reduce the circles a bit. A stuffy head definitely adds to the bags.
Boy, I envy you. Where are you getting your b12 injections? Chelation clinic?

xink

Awards
  • Established
I guess there's a prescription drug coming out now that can treat this.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but any info on this? My eyes are the worst... Always have been and it has nothing to do with sleep.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shoot. I have no idea.

I remember this thread. I had heard a drug being advertised on the radio for this purpose. It's possible that the product never caught on. The biggest market drivers for such a drug are women. They just wear make-up. So expensive drug that your health insurance may or may not cover, and posses the risk of a bunch of things that are way horrible than the ailment said drug is designed to remedy (as with all drugs), or the make-up that's already in your purse?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are numerous causes for dark circles, and one of the prevailing reasons is genetics.

Also, the mayo clinic says there are few remedies to dark circle stating makeup and laser surgery as the only true remedies

Here is a list from Wrong Diagnosis
Causes of Dark circles under eyes:

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Dark circles under eyes. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

* Persistent eye rubbing
* Sleep difficulty - see the many causes of sleep difficulty symptoms (e.g. stress, depression, sleep disorders, etc.).
* Allergies
o Hay fever
o Allergic shiners
o Dust allergy
o Mold allergy
o Eczema - i.e. eczema in the skin under the eyes.
* Pallor - the paleness of the skin may accentuate the dark rings.
* Inherited eye blood vessel condition - dark circles under the eyes run in families.
* Aging
* Dehydration
* Lack of sleep
* Nasal congestion
* Black eye due to trauma
* Frequent eye rubbing
* Phenol sulfotransferase deficiency
* Inherited trait

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, but it turns out I had lyme disease for 30 years. All of the doctors I saw said I was lazy and lacked ambition. The only doctor who made an effort to cure it did in 3 months. I still have the circles, probably from stress lowering liver function.

diesiel

Awards
spinn, is your lyme now cured? whats the difference in your symptoms? is it great?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
spinn, is your lyme now cured? whats the difference in your symptoms? is it great?
Yes, I believe I am cured. I have lost about fifty pounds due to finally being healthy. The problem is, conventional drs will not treat lyme, or even properly test for it, very long story there. I feel ok but under a lot of stress from drs taking over $200,000 from me over the years, very frustrating.

diesiel

Awards
Any permanent damage done? How severe was your case?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're better, Spinn. Lyme is the worst there is for being misdiagnosed. You may have listened to an NPR special that aired last year about the subject...very informative.

HurtinPounds

Awards
What area of the Country are you from? I take it not Connecticut or Upstate NY (doctors there should be well advanced in treating lyme)?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, but it turns out I had lyme disease for 30 years. All of the doctors I saw said I was lazy and lacked ambition. The only doctor who made an effort to cure it did in 3 months. I still have the circles, probably from stress lowering liver function.
WOW. WTH. How come they wouldnt test you for it? And how did you figure it out?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
WOW. WTH. How come they wouldnt test you for it? And how did you figure it out?
I am in Washington, DC and have a naturalpathic dr who cured me. There is a huge controversy surrounding lyme. Conventional drs will not treat it because they are told it does not exist in chronic form. They were even sued by the ct attorney general http://www.ct.gov/ag/cwp/view.asp?a=2795&q=414284

as it stands now, if you get lyme and see a conventional dr, you will either die or commutt suicide which is actually very common http://www.lyme-disease-research-database.com/lyme_disease_blog_files/msnbc-lyme-story.html

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i always thought the bags were from lack of sleep/ low iron....almost like ppl with low iron that bruise easily...don't know where i heard taht from....but i actually bought some CVS brand roller pen for under my eyes, it works really good, my g/f actually has made comments that the bags aren't nearly as bad or completely gone since i've been using it, my mother has them too which means it could be a genetic thing