test injections

lowtest

Awards
after going the transdermal route, the dr has finally put me on test cyp injections. I gave myself the first injection sat morning. used a 25g needle and injected the 150mg dose (approx .73ml) into top thigh muscle. sterilized vial top, drew, looked for air bubbles, pushed out til test came out needle, sterilized skin, inserted, checked for blood, injected (slowly) no problems.

everything was fine til sat night. injection site does not hurt, but let is sore 4" below site into knee. outside of knee is a little red and warm.

any thoughts?

thanks.

rightship3

Awards
The redness and warmth sounds like something to keep a close eye on. I do glutes and get soreness a few hours afterwards and it is noticeable for a day before going away.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
after going the transdermal route, the dr has finally put me on test cyp injections. I gave myself the first injection sat morning. used a 25g needle and injected the 150mg dose (approx .73ml) into top thigh muscle. sterilized vial top, drew, looked for air bubbles, pushed out til test came out needle, sterilized skin, inserted, checked for blood, injected (slowly) no problems.

everything was fine til sat night. injection site does not hurt, but let is sore 4" below site into knee. outside of knee is a little red and warm.

any thoughts?

thanks.
You will be better off if you do your injections twice weekly, or even better E3d.

Use wery thin needle unless you enjoy pain.

150mg/E3D=150/200/7*3=0.32cc=32units on insuline syringe

SubQ injections around navel,

BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2Inch 100/Box Price: $23.50
http://hocks.com/hocks_com_on_line_pharmacy/4724258.html

Charlie

Awards
JanSz,

What kind of oil is that Test blended with?

You are injecting through 30 guage pins ?

Lowtest will not be able to return those pins when he discovers that he can not draw or inject through them.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz,

What kind of oil is that Test blended with?

You are injecting through 30 guage pins ?

Lowtest will not be able to return those pins when he discovers that he can not draw or inject through them.
I am using original Depo_testosterone, 200mg/mL
it is on a base of cottonseed oil.

Generic is also made on cottonseed base

There is compounded Depo-T sold, same strenght
10ml-$47.5
30ml-$99.75
it uses sesame seed base

on another post I was comparing both oils vicosities, just about the same.
========================

I an doing subq shots since 6/19/07
no pain.

lowtest

Awards
Thanks for the information. I'll have to run the sub-q injections past my doc. Do you find that your levels stay more consistent doing sub-q E3D as opposed to once a week IM?

didn't have any pain with the 25g needle, just took a while to inject due to thickness of oil. but then again, i'm not in any hurry and would rather take the extra time then stick a huge needle in myself.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the information. I'll have to run the sub-q injections past my doc. Do you find that your levels stay more consistent doing sub-q E3D as opposed to once a week IM?

didn't have any pain with the 25g needle, just took a while to inject due to thickness of oil. but then again, i'm not in any hurry and would rather take the extra time then stick a huge needle in myself.
If you have any doubts about E3D vs weekly injections, just spend little time studying the attached chart, upper right.

Weekly injections Tlevel=(800-1300), 400/1300--> 31% variations
E3D Tlevel(1100-1200) 100/1300 --> 8% variations

Attachments

user88777

Awards
JanSz,

Where are the weekly and E3D data coming from? What is in that study is for 2 weeks...

If you have any doubts about E3D vs weekly injections, just spend little time studying the attached chart, upper right.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

calvin6697

Awards

JanSz have you tested personally, the difference in total T levels doing IM shots compared to subQ? Also is there a difference in the thickness of Depo compared to cypinate or any of the other oil based Ts? Again Thanks for all the info!

calvin6697

Awards

Another question where does HCG fall in your regimen?

calvin6697

Awards
The redness and warmth sounds like something to keep a close eye on. I do glutes and get soreness a few hours afterwards and it is noticeable for a day before going away.
rightship3 you do the glutes all the time? or do move around?
Also do you have someone administer in the glutes? Thanks

rightship3

Awards
rightship3 you do the glutes all the time? or do move around?
Also do you have someone administer in the glutes? Thanks
Test is always in glutes...alternating left and right weekly. HcG is always around navel. I do all the shots myself. When first starting I was hesitant, but it really is a piece of cake. Might not be a bad idea to lean against the counter or something when doing glutes in case you hit the sciatic nerve (which is extremely unlikely if you are doing it right). I know someone that happened to and he said he turned green. Stay in the outer quadrant and you will be just fine.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz have you tested personally, the difference in total T levels doing IM shots compared to subQ? Also is there a difference in the thickness of Depo compared to cypinate or any of the other oil based Ts? Again Thanks for all the info!
Still waiting for my results.
DepoT---cottonseed oil
generic DepoT---cottonseed oil
compounded DepoT at womensinternational---sesameseed oil

I checked viscosity of both oils, about same
I used only original DepoT

calvin6697

Awards
I do subq shots T&hcg at the same sitting, around navel.
I am on E3D schedule.
Waiting for my lattest blood test results.
Got it thanks. How many units of HCG per week 500?

calvin6697

Awards
Test is always in glutes...alternating left and right weekly. HcG is always around navel. I do all the shots myself. When first starting I was hesitant, but it really is a piece of cake. Might not be a bad idea to lean against the counter or something when doing glutes in case you hit the sciatic nerve (which is extremely unlikely if you are doing it right). I know someone that happened to and he said he turned green. Stay in the outer quadrant and you will be just fine.
Thats pretty much the same for me except my wife gives me my T shots in the glutes. I administer HCG near navel w/29 g. needle.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Got it thanks. How many units of HCG per week 500?
Everything is on E3D schedule, T & hcg & LiquiDex at the same sitting, then two days free.

HCG shot=500iu

People who are on weekly T shots are better of when T and HCG are at different days.
Just this requirement makes me think that my E3D is more convenient.

When I was on transdermals, 250iu E2D

calvin6697

Awards
Everything is on E3D schedule, T & hcg & LiquiDex at the same sitting, then two days free.

HCG shot=500iu

People who are on weekly T shots are better of when T and HCG are at different days.
Just this requirement makes me think that my E3D is more convenient.

When I was on transdermals, 250iu E2D
I do T every 9th day, HCG 250iu day 7 and day 8. I was doing T once a week but my levels were to high. Next test in three week.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I do T every 9th day, HCG 250iu day 7 and day 8. I was doing T once a week but my levels were to high. Next test in three week.
Look at chart post #7.
You have tremendous variability of yout Tlevels.
There is no escape.
If you like it, good for you.

calvin6697

Awards
Look at chart post #7.
You have tremendous variability of yout Tlevels.
There is no escape.
If you like it, good for you.
Jan what chart are you refering to, post #7?

muslhead

Awards
Chose the lowest viscosity oil that's available. To make it flow through a 25g needle heat syringe (with oil in it) to warm it up.

You can inject in any muscle. Normally the higher the volume the larger the muscle injected into. But because the volumes are very low you can use basically any muscle. I rotate sites to minimize scar tissue buildup. I have used thigh, glute, shoulder, calf, trap and chest. For ease of injection I prefer shoulder and thigh.

MH