The best supplement or drug for memory and concentration?

GenesisSVK

Awards
What do you think from experience (not theoretically) what is the best supplement or drug for improving learning process (memory and concentration)? And pls who knows some good links about cognitive enhancers write here :)

rightship3

Awards
I have no experience with it, but Ginkoba is sure to come up.

In 2002, a long-anticipated paper appeared in JAMA (Journal of the American Medical Association) titled "Ginkgo for memory enhancement: a randomized controlled trial." This Williams College study, sponsored by the National Institute on Aging rather than Schwabe, examined the effects of ginkgo consumption on healthy volunteers older than 60. The conclusion, now cited in the National Institutes of Health's ginkgo fact sheet, said: "When taken following the manufacturer's instructions, ginkgo provides no measurable benefit in memory or related cognitive function to adults with healthy cognitive function."

Ginkgo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
bacopa
-racetam's
pyroglutamic acid
gingko biloba

all have some memory enhancing capabilities

GenesisSVK

Awards
thesinner

Pls what is the appropiate forum for this type of question??? Do you know another forum where are cognitive enhancers debated about??

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd think you'd see more feedback if you put it in the supplements forum

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to Biotests SPIKE.

As someone who works in a very busy restaurant as a server and does the business school thing, It is a lifesaver.

Well, actually there is one product that probably works better but I wouldn't recommend it, LOL :twisted:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There are more positive studies on Gingko than negative. I use it and I'd have to say it's better as a mood stabilizer than memory enhancer..makes me calmer.

Piracetam and the other 'tams are pretty potent in the memory department. They make my mind race pretty fast sometimes and I almost always have to then struggle with insomnia..but they do work.

Vinpocetine and acetyl L carnitine arginate are also very good cognitive boosters.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are more positive studies on Gingko than negative. I use it and I'd have to say it's better as a mood stabilizer than memory enhancer..makes me calmer.

Piracetam and the other 'tams are pretty potent in the memory department. They make my mind race pretty fast sometimes and I almost always have to then struggle with insomnia..but they do work.

Vinpocetine and acetyl L carnitine arginate are also very good cognitive boosters.
carnitine's are great. Not only a great cognitive enhance. It also helps endurance, aides in recovery (through a couple mechanisms), and I've recently read that raised carnitine levels improve sperm quality.

GenesisSVK

Awards
Personally I like jamieson siberian ginseng for focus and combination of piracetam and caffein containing drink (coffee or green tea) for alertness, concentration and memory. I also use DMAE but it worked for me only two days after which I felt nothing.