Amazing Cholesterol Results

Livebetter

Awards
To start with, I am 36 years old. I've know about my insane Chol Level, 340+, since age 25. I've had bad luck with statins so I've been off them for a couple of years.

Over the past couple of years I've experienced a severe reduction in energy level. In Feb this year I decided to ask a Doc about it. After testing everything else my TEAM of Doctors decided to test my T Level. Low and behold my total T was in the low 200's.

They immediately put me on Androgel. It seemed to work well but I was concerned about transfer to my wife / children. After some research (based largely on Dr. John's site) I asked the Doc about more effective blood screening and also about injections. He told me that while he knew of the advances in HRT testing and treatment he was not qualified to provide any diagnosis beyond "treat low T w/ Androgel.

I did my research and made the trek from Florida to see Dr. John.

To shorten this thing up...I'm not sure I can remember ever felling this good but the big deal is after about 8 weeks on the protocol, my total cholesterol is at 231 !!!!!!!

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
wow those are nice results. What were/are the levels of HDL, LDL ???

Livebetter

Awards
The results were from a Bloodbank donation so all I have is a total. I sure hope it is accurate. Dr. John has me scheduled for a full Lab Workup in a couple of weeks.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
The results were from a Bloodbank donation so all I have is a total. I sure hope it is accurate. Dr. John has me scheduled for a full Lab Workup in a couple of weeks.
Keep us up to date with those labs and congratulations on the great results, especially feeling good!!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
tripdog rules!.oh and good to hear bro...

calvin6697

Awards
To start with, I am 36 years old. I've know about my insane Chol Level, 340+, since age 25. I've had bad luck with statins so I've been off them for a couple of years.

Over the past couple of years I've experienced a severe reduction in energy level. In Feb this year I decided to ask a Doc about it. After testing everything else my TEAM of Doctors decided to test my T Level. Low and behold my total T was in the low 200's.

They immediately put me on Androgel. It seemed to work well but I was concerned about transfer to my wife / children. After some research (based largely on Dr. John's site) I asked the Doc about more effective blood screening and also about injections. He told me that while he knew of the advances in HRT testing and treatment he was not qualified to provide any diagnosis beyond "treat low T w/ Androgel.

I did my research and made the trek from Florida to see Dr. John.

To shorten this thing up...I'm not sure I can remember ever felling this good but the big deal is after about 8 weeks on the protocol, my total cholesterol is at 231 !!!!!!!
I also had similar results, mine went from 220's down to 166.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Why does upping T cause cholesterol levels to decline? Or am I missing something?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Why does upping T cause cholesterol levels to decline? Or am I missing something?
I could be wrong, but I believe it's that in the presence of LOW testosterone, your body starts producing more of the raw material to make T (cholesterol).

Therefore, by correcting the lower T, your body doesn't feel like it needs to create more CHOL to make more T.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could be wrong, but I believe it's that in the presence of LOW testosterone, your body starts producing more of the raw material to make T (cholesterol).

Therefore, by correcting the lower T, your body doesn't feel like it needs to create more CHOL to make more T.
sounds good to me.....anyone else?

RPHMark

Awards
There is a definite feedback mechanism, correcting T almost always helps if not corrects cholesterol levels. I think that at least part of the answer is in the body trying to produce more "raw material" for T when levels are low.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Sums it up pretty well as far as I have read.

Livebetter

Awards
Cholesterol Update - I've now been on Crisler's HRT protocol for 16 weeks. My Cholesterol has gone from 346 to 195 (120/42). $#@^&$% Amazing!

Livebetter

Awards
Aside from getting over the FEAR, I've had no problem with the injects. It is worth noting that I have started using 23g needles instead of 25. They may look like 16 penny nails but I find them to be more sturdy / less flexible.

I will update with the rest of my labs after my VOV. Should be very soon.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Aside from getting over the FEAR, I've had no problem with the injects. It is worth noting that I have started using 23g needles instead of 25. They may look like 16 penny nails but I find them to be more sturdy / less flexible.

I will update with the rest of my labs after my VOV. Should be very soon.
You have to inject for the rest of your life.
Phil, after 20 years is having hard time finding place without scar tissues, to be able to push needle thru.

I am using 31ga 5/16"long needle

this is about long run not a few shots.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
You have to inject for the rest of your life.
Phil, after 20 years is having hard time finding place without scar tissues, to be able to push needle thru.

I am using 31ga 5/16"long needle

this is about long run not a few shots.
Are you saying that a different type of needle has a smaller propensity to cause scar tissue?

What/why/how?

Smaller needle?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Are you saying that a different type of needle has a smaller propensity to cause scar tissue?

What/why/how?

Smaller needle?

Think about it for a second. Which needle size is likely to cause less trauma?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Think about it for a second. Which needle size is likely to cause less trauma?
It makes sense, of course.

I guess what I find interesting is that there is that much difference in needle size. I've never done an injection, so the difference between a 25 gauge and a 31 gauge really means nothing to me.

My mind can't visualize it, that's all. When I think of injection needles, to me they're all small.

Plus, I wasn't sure if it was the needle size in and of itself, or whether a particular type allowed you to use a different technique.

Again, I know *squat* about injecting, which is why I asked.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
It makes sense, of course.

I guess what I find interesting is that there is that much difference in needle size. I've never done an injection, so the difference between a 25 gauge and a 31 gauge really means nothing to me.

My mind can't visualize it, that's all. When I think of injection needles, to me they're all small.

Plus, I wasn't sure if it was the needle size in and of itself, or whether a particular type allowed you to use a different technique.

Again, I know *squat* about injecting, which is why I asked.

You're right, they're all small. For the occasional shot that most people get, needle size is mostly an issue of comfort.

But when somebody is giving themselves shots several times weekly over a period of years or decades, minimizing the trauma of each shot becomes a priority.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
But when somebody is giving themselves shots several times weekly over a period of years or decades, minimizing the trauma of each shot becomes a priority.
I imagine that I'll be making the switch to injects soon.

I am guessing T once a week IM, hCG 2x week sub-q.

What size needle would you recommend for each?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

Use an insuline syringe with 31 g needle for hCG. It is virtually painless.

I am not on TRT anymore, but when I was on weekly IM shots, I used 23 g. Some people find a 23 g needle pretty scary, but I found it essentially painless.

If I ever started with shots again, I would probably try to use a finer needle because of the reduced injection site trauma.

The T cyp injection is difficult to draw up with anything smaller than a 23 g, so many people draw up with a 23g and inject with a finer needle - 25 or 28, for example. The finer the needle you use, the longer it takes to inject the T, so a steady hand is important.

Also, the finer needles are more suited to sub-Q injections than IM injections. A few people who post here use the sub-Q route rather than the usual IM route. They seem happy with the result, but it is not completely certain if the sub-Q route is safe over the long term.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Since 6/16/07 I am doing E3D schedule for Testosterone.
Until couple weeks ago I was doing on the same day hcg 500iu and Liquidex first 0.5cc latter, after blood test 0.6cc.

Couple of weeks ago I changed HCG to 250iu two days between shots, no difference on how I feel but my balls got little fuller and scrotum hangs lower.
Since doing this mean one shot every day, tomorrow I am changing my system.
I will do T shots every other day, E2D and HCG in days in between.
Liquidex on days of T shot, 0.6/3*2=0.4cc

For both shots I am using smallest available needle.
I just bough another box over of these needles over internet.
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings 100/b Price: $25.95

There is also:

Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box Sale Price: $13.99

spinn

Awards
  • Established

This is correct and the reason I question what most endos do.

They were trying to lower my cholesterol at the exact time my body was trying to raise it. This caused my creatine kinase to skyrocket causing chronic soreness among other things.

Should the new oath be.....physician do no harm, unless that harm makes me money?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
This is correct and the reason I question what most endos do.

They were trying to lower my cholesterol at the exact time my body was trying to raise it. This caused my creatine kinase to skyrocket causing chronic soreness among other things.

Should the new oath be.....physician do no harm, unless that harm makes me money?
That is to harsh.

They just do not know any better.

Some institutions start wery well, helping people and and doing good job.
As time progresses some are left behind.

Whip factories did not get out of bussiness because they made bad whips.
They just out lived their usefulness.

===========================
Endos are good for diabetis.
Some argue that concentrating only on glucose is not the best either.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
That is to harsh.

They just do not know any better.

Some institutions start wery well, helping people and and doing good job.
As time progresses some are left behind.

Whip factories did not get out of bussiness because they made bad whips.
They just out lived their usefulness.

===========================
Endos are good for diabetis.
Some argue that concentrating only on glucose is not the best either.
Yep and caused a co enyzme 10 defieincy

http://www.spacedoc.net/statins_CoQ10.htm

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I have read thru this article and cannot come up with recomended daily dose of CQ10.
most drs recommedn 100 -300 mgs a day must be taken with some oil food. jansz spectracell testing will answer any questions to what you are lacking instead of playing russian roulette with supplements.

Lef has best q10 i have found only need like 200 mgs a days, more absorbable

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
most drs recommedn 100 -300 mgs a day must be taken with some oil food. jansz spectracell testing will answer any questions to what you are lacking instead of playing russian roulette with supplements.
What is a spectral testing?

Please give me a name of correct test at Genova Diagnostics, and link to that test, thank you.

I googled Genova's site on "spectral", came empty.
Possibly they use another name.

"spectracell" came with zero hits.

Livebetter

Awards
You're right, they're all small. For the occasional shot that most people get, needle size is mostly an issue of comfort.

Good point. I will go back to the narrow 25 or 31.