Hello All!

  1. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Hello All!


    Hello also to Dr. Crisler! (fellow Michigander)

    I've been a "lurker' here for about a month...I've decided to finally register.
    I'm in my 40's.....
    I've been on TRT for a little over a year. I have to say it's made a big difference in my life but there is so much more I need to learn and I have a ton of questions.

    I go thru my GP (a D.O.) great guy but I have been thinking of contacting Dr. Crisler also for consultation.


    Rocky

  2. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.44%

    Welcome Rocky.....ask away.... Theres lots of people here who can steer you in the right direction.
  3. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Thx jaydee..and all.

    I have to be honest..You guys with all your knowledge on this subject make my head spin. Especially JanSz. The man is a wealth of knowledge!
    I feel like I should be wearing a DUNCE cap!

    I've been on TRT for almost 17 months. I first started on Depo-Testosterone shots(once a week) then Testim for the last year after the first month of the shots.
    I recently switched to Androgel and have found that it is alot better for me. I actually feel it within a half-hour after I apply it. I mean it is incredible! Only 5 gr. a day too. My beard is growing like crazy/libido thru the roof.

    I have been only tested for TEST & FREE TEST levels at regular intervals ...and of course PSA levels initially. No E2/LH(Heck I never even heard of the term "E2" before coming here).
    My latest T level was 820+ out of 1100.(taken last month)I feel great BTW!
    I started, like most here, at a low 220 range.

    I do know that Test does convert to Estrogen if not kept in check from my days lifting a few years ago. To combat this I take 6-OXO and ZMA everynight. It seems to be working great.

    I'm going to my doctor next week with a printout of what blood tests I'd like done(I got it from here), but I don't want to piss him off. He's a great doctor. Question, How should I handle this?

    Thx
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    Thx jaydee..and all.

    I have to be honest..You guys with all your knowledge on this subject make my head spin. Especially JanSz. The man is a wealth of knowledge!
    I feel like I should be wearing a DUNCE cap!

    I've been on TRT for almost 17 months. I first started on Depo-Testosterone shots(once a week) then Testim for the last year after the first month of the shots.
    I recently switched to Androgel and have found that it is alot better for me. I actually feel it within a half-hour after I apply it. I mean it is incredible! Only 5 gr. a day too. My beard is growing like crazy/libido thru the roof.

    I have been only tested for TEST & FREE TEST levels at regular intervals ...and of course PSA levels initially. No E2/LH(Heck I never even heard of the term "E2" before coming here).
    My latest T level was 820+ out of 1100.(taken last month)I feel great BTW!
    I started, like most here, at a low 220 range.

    I do know that Test does convert to Estrogen if not kept in check from my days lifting a few years ago. To combat this I take 6-OXO and ZMA everynight. It seems to be working great.

    I'm going to my doctor next week with a printout of what blood tests I'd like done(I got it from here), but I don't want to piss him off. He's a great doctor. Question, How should I handle this?

    Thx
    Send you doctor an e-mail two days ahead, with a list that you want to test,
    so he can have a nurse copy that list on his company stationary, then hi signs it and give it to you
    (45seconds and you are out the door)

    Otherwise you are asking him to do lots of writtings,
    first, he is going to make excuses because he is lazy to write the thing
    second, he is going to make lots of mistakes because hi is going to hurry.
    (hour latter you are goinig to have wrong script no matter what)
    ============================== ================
    Tx for kind words.
    When I was on Androgel I did not need AI.
    My DHT went thru the roof.
    Not sure if that hurt anything, but it was on my mind.

    I handle my infant grandson, I am on Depo-T now.
    Works good for me.

    You may want to check if
    prescription compounded pregnenolone cream 100mg/1gram 1gram/day would make any difference for you.
    It works for me.
  5. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Send you doctor an e-mail two days ahead, with a list that you want to test,
    so he can have a nurse copy that list on his company stationary, then hi signs it and give it to you
    (45seconds and you are out the door)

    Otherwise you are asking him to do lots of writtings,
    first, he is going to make excuses because he is lazy to write the thing
    second, he is going to make lots of mistakes because hi is going to hurry.
    (hour latter you are goinig to have wrong script no matter what)
    ============================== ================
    Tx for kind words.
    When I was on Androgel I did not need AI.
    My DHT went thru the roof.
    Not sure if that hurt anything, but it was on my mind.

    I handle my infant grandson, I am on Depo-T now.
    Works good for me.

    You may want to check if
    prescription compounded pregnenolone cream 100mg/1gram 1gram/day would make any difference for you.
    It works for me.
    What do you notice from the preg creame?
  6. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    Hello also to Dr. Crisler! (fellow Michigander)

    I've been a "lurker' here for about a month...I've decided to finally register.
    I'm in my 40's.....
    I've been on TRT for a little over a year. I have to say it's made a big difference in my life but there is so much more I need to learn and I have a ton of questions.

    I go thru my GP (a D.O.) great guy but I have been thinking of contacting Dr. Crisler also for consultation. Lucky for me Dr. Crisler is not far away.


    Rocky
    What up fellow Michigander!

    To say that watching the wolverines lose last week to App State was depressing, is an understatement.
  7. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    What up fellow Michigander!

    To say that watching the wolverines lose last week to App State was depressing, is an understatement.
    You mean fellow metro Detroiter ;^ ) .I drive thru Plymouth (the "land of For Sale signs") everyday.
    I haven't followed UM football in about 5 years. After the president of UM said "To H*ll with the voters of MI!!" last year I hope they have a miserible season.
  8. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Send you doctor an e-mail two days ahead, with a list that you want to test,
    so he can have a nurse copy that list on his company stationary, then hi signs it and give it to you
    (45seconds and you are out the door)

    Otherwise you are asking him to do lots of writtings,
    first, he is going to make excuses because he is lazy to write the thing
    second, he is going to make lots of mistakes because hi is going to hurry.
    (hour latter you are goinig to have wrong script no matter what)
    ============================== ================
    Tx for kind words.
    When I was on Androgel I did not need AI.
    My DHT went thru the roof.
    Not sure if that hurt anything, but it was on my mind.

    I handle my infant grandson, I am on Depo-T now.
    Works good for me.

    You may want to check if
    prescription compounded pregnenolone cream 100mg/1gram 1gram/day would make any difference for you.
    It works for me.
    Thx again JanSz. I went to my doctor's yesterday (for a non-TRT issue) but talked to him about how the Androgel is working out great. I've shed over 30 lbs. of mostly gut-fat in 2 months since I've been on it. I was never "obese" just had a small gut(damn beer). I'm working out again though / overall self-being is great.

    I didn't bring up the other tests I'd like to have done but I will later. I did show him the supps. I take at night (6-OXO and ZMA) He did take a long interest in looking over the bottle of 6-OXO. I love 6-OXO! I use the ZMA to help keep my nuts from shrinking. This combo at night is incredible!


    I'm going back in a few weeks..I'll email him the tests I'd like to have done beforehand...great advice and thx.

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    You may want to check if
    prescription compounded pregnenolone cream 100mg/1gram 1gram/day would make any difference for you.
    It works for me.
    Please expand on this.
  9. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    Thx again JanSz. I went to my doctor's yesterday (for a non-TRT issue) but talked to him about how the Androgel is working out great. I've shed over 30 lbs. of mostly gut-fat in 2 months since I've been on it. I was never "obese" just had a small gut(damn beer). I'm working out again though / overall self-being is great.

    I didn't bring up the other tests I'd like to have done but I will later. I did show him the supps. I take at night (6-OXO and ZMA) He did take a long interest in looking over the bottle of 6-OXO. I love 6-OXO! I use the ZMA to help keep my nuts from shrinking. This combo at night is incredible!


    I'm going back in a few weeks..I'll email him the tests I'd like to have done beforehand...great advice and thx.


    Please expand on this.
    You should have blood test done.

    Bodybuilding.com - Anti-Estrogen Products Listing! Find The Best Anti-Estrogen Supplements!
    6-OXO is what is known as a suicide inhibitor of aromatase. This means that 6-OXO™ binds to the aromatase enzyme in a permanent and irreversible manner, rendering it inactive.

    Here we use Anastrozole, contained in Arimidex or Liquidex

    It loweres estrodial, E2.

    When I was using Androgel my E2 was fine.
    You may not need AI (or 6-OXO), driving E2 too much down is not healthy.

    One may need AI when on Testosterone injections.
    Injections of T (and ithink HCG) often raise E2.

    There is no way to figure out your e2 levels by how you feel, need blood test.
    .
  10. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    You should have blood test done.

    Bodybuilding.com - Anti-Estrogen Products Listing! Find The Best Anti-Estrogen Supplements!
    6-OXO is what is known as a suicide inhibitor of aromatase. This means that 6-OXO™ binds to the aromatase enzyme in a permanent and irreversible manner, rendering it inactive.

    Here we use Anastrozole, contained in Arimidex or Liquidex

    It loweres estrodial, E2.

    When I was using Androgel my E2 was fine.
    You may not need AI (or 6-OXO), driving E2 too much down is not healthy.

    One may need AI when on Testosterone injections.
    Injections of T (and ithink HCG) often raise E2.

    There is no way to figure out your e2 levels by how you feel, need blood test.
    .
    Again you guyz scare me. PM is on the way JanSz!
  11. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    Again you guyz scare me. PM is on the way JanSz!
    Are you scared enough to do decent blood test?

    If you have one, post it, name, number, units, range, laboratory name.
  12. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Are you scared enough to do decent blood test?

    If you have one, post it, name, number, units, range, laboratory name.
    Yes my friend..scared to "rock the boat" with my GP.
    I don't want to push on him.

    I never had a "complete" test done like I stated I wanted. I'm going to ask him in a few weeks.

    You remind me of a lawyer I know..LOL. I can see TRT has done well with you my friend!

    The PM was about 6-OXO BTW.
  13. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    Yes my friend..scared to "rock the boat" with my GP.
    I don't want to push on him.

    I never had a "complete" test done like I stated I wanted. I'm going to ask him in a few weeks.

    You remind me of a lawyer I know..LOL. I can see TRT has done well with you my friend!

    The PM was about 6-OXO BTW.
    Once a year I do blood test as shown in post #1 and #44

    then 2-3 times I do more specific investigations.

    post #56, how to find doctor
  14. New Member
    coz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    37.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    My latest T level was 820+ out of 1100.(taken last month)I feel great BTW!
    Getting tests is useful to know where you are. However I wouldn't recommend changing stuff up if you are feeling 100% already with what you are taking.

    If it's not broke, don't touch it
  15. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    You mean fellow metro Detroiter ;^ ) .I drive thru Plymouth (the "land of For Sale signs") everyday.
    I haven't followed UM football in about 5 years. After the president of UM said "To H*ll with the voters of MI!!" last year I hope they have a miserible season.
    Ha! You can't give away a house in my beautiful hometown. They are simply asking way to much money

    As long as I got the Plymouth Coffee Bean I could care less
  16. New Member
    dcguy4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    126
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    44.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    ................ I use the ZMA to help keep my nuts from shrinking. This combo at night is incredible!


    I'm going back in a few weeks..I'll email him the tests I'd like to have done beforehand...great advice and thx.


    Please expand on this.
    ZMA to prevent nuts from shrinking . I never heard that before. What is the mechanism ?
  17. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dcguy4u View Post
    ZMA to prevent nuts from shrinking . I never heard that before. What is the mechanism ?
    Hmmm same hear.

    I know ZMA will boost T levels and aid in sleep, as well as exhibit some AI type properties.
  18. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Hmmm same hear.

    I know ZMA will boost T levels and aid in sleep, as well as exhibit some AI type properties.

    My badd. I meant 6-OXO. 6-OXO is supposed to increase your LH levels also. I can definately tell/feel it when I use this.

    Yeah I use the ZMA for T-levels/sleep aid.
  19. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    My badd. I meant 6-OXO. 6-OXO is supposed to increase your LH levels also. I can definately tell/feel it when I use this.

    Yeah I use the ZMA for T-levels/sleep aid.
    I am NOT a fan of 6 oxo, or any other suicide inhibitor for the most part.

    I suggest resveratrol for safer and more effective estrogen control
  20. New Member
    RockyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    116
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    89.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    I am NOT a fan of 6 oxo, or any other suicide inhibitor for the most part.

    I suggest resveratrol for safer and more effective estrogen control
    resveratrol?? Please explain..when I do a search on it nothing is stated about anti-E.
  21. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyD View Post
    resveratrol?? Please explain..when I do a search on it nothing is stated about anti-E.
    "There's a substance in nature that's been the subject of a whole lot of worldwide research lately. It's called resveratrol and it's a polyphenol found in such foods as peanuts, grapes (and consequently, wine), and mulberries.

    Resveratrol has a whole lot of good things going for it, but the one we're most interested in has to do with estrogen. You see, resveratrol acts as a potent estrogen antagonist (while also acting as an agonist in some tissues, similar to the drugs clomiphene and tamoxifen).

    In higher concentrations, it acts as an aromatase inhibitor. That means that it stops the body from whittling away at your Testosterone.

    This is cool because if a substance stops Testosterone from being converted to estrogen or estradiol, it not only prevents the nasty effects of estrogen (loss of muscle and strength and accrual of body fat), but it increases your level of Testosterone, leading to additional strength and muscle!

    What's equally important is that it won't cause your Testicles to go on vacation, i.e. shrink. The testicles don't get a signal from the pituitary to shut down because estrogen has been curtailed!

    There's a lot of good data in animal models to back this up. Studies have demonstrated a resveratrol-fueled increase in Luteinizing Hormone and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (the pituitary hormones that signal the testicles to start producing Testosterone) that's 2.7 times greater than placebo.

    Additionally, resveratrol caused a 76% increase in sperm count, all of this without any adverse effects. (1)

    The aromatase inhibition is thought to occur through two mechanisms: reducing the expression of aromatase, as well as binding to the enzyme and preventing it from doing its dirty work.

    And, unlike conventional aromatase inhibitors, resveratrol doesn't cause a decline in endothelial (blood vessel) function. In fact, it seems to improve it! (2-12)

    And remember those nasty xenoestrogens I mentioned earlier? Resveratrol seems to occupy the receptor sites, or biological "parking lots," so that these xenoestrogens can't "park" in their spots. That's good.


    MORE GOOD STUFF

    While athletes should no doubt be excited about these Testosterone-increasing, estrogen-lowering effects of resveratrol, male and female Life Extension people have been all over this substance for other reasons.

    An overwhelming amount of literature on resveratrol has demonstrated potent cardiovascular benefits, anti-aging effects, powerful anti-cancer effects, anti-arthritic, and neurological effects (e.g. potential benefits in treating Alzheimer's Disease). Many of these benefits seem to stem from anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory effects as well as gene modulation. (13-21)

    What the Life Extension people are most excited about, though, is that resveratrol might actually extend lifespan.

    Remember those calorie deprivation people that believed you could extend your lifespan considerably by just munching on a ridiculously low number of calories each day?

    Well, one proposed mechanism by which calorie deprivation can make you live longer is that it activates a protein called SIRT1 (sirtuin 1). Activation of this protein inhibits PPAR-gamma activity and this causes your body to burn fat.

    It's not hard to imagine that having less fat might cause you to live longer, but remarkably, resveratrol activates this very same SIRT1 protein.

    So even if you're not concerned with extending your life at this point, resveratrol can cause your body to burn fat.

    Maybe you've heard of the "French Paradox" (and no, it has nothing to do with why their star soccer player would head butt a guy in the finals of the World Cup)?

    It's the medical puzzle where certain populations (French and Greek) seem to experience a low incidence of coronary heart disease while eating a diet high in saturated fat. Epidemiologists have reasoned that it has to do with their daily consumption of red wine.

    Well, many researchers have gone one step further and concluded that it was the resveratrol in the wine that was responsible for the French Paradox. (22-25)

    This miracle substance has also been shown to have impressive anti-fungal and anti-viral properties, and may even protect the liver from excessive alcohol consumption or oxidative damage from taking too much acetaminophen. (26-39)

    If all that wasn't enough, there's a good deal of data demonstrating that resveratrol is an extremely promising compound for the prevention and treatment of prostate cancer! (40-48)

    So if taking Testosterone-boosting supplements has made you wary before because of possible prostate risks, resveratrol seems like the answer to your prayers."

    • Acts as both an estrogen antagonist and an aromatase inhibitor.

    • Increases Testosterone without causing testicular shutdown

    • Promotes blood vessel health and cardiovascular health in general

    • Exhibits anti-cancer effects, particularly anti prostate-cancer effects

    • Exhibits anti-aging effects

    • Promotes fat loss

    • Has anti-inflammatory properties

    • Acts as an anti-oxidant

    • Exhibits anti-arthritic effects

    • Shows anti-fungal and anti-viral effects

    • Acts as a liver protectant
  22. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    PM me for links to obtain
  23. New Member
    MarkLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    193
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    23.06%

    Hi Plymouth,

    Can you post the references (1) and (2). I'd like to read up more.

    Thanks,

    Mark
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hello all....PEG-200 or PEG-400?
    By Your Endo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 04:13 PM
  2. Hello All
    By grob1963 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 03:21 PM
  3. Hello All!
    By Giantz11 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:20 PM
  4. Hello all.
    By Wrait in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 01:47 PM
  5. hello all.
    By gimp in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 05:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in