TRT stopped working???

  1. Registered User
    greenlantern0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0

    TRT stopped working???


    Hey guys, Ive been reading posts here for almost a year and haven't really needed to post until now. I am 37 y/o and I've been on Dr. Johns TRT program for 9 months. Before beginning the program I had all of the textbook symptoms of low T. Non existent Libido, ED, irritiblilty, depression, brain fog.....you are familiar with the symptoms I guess. Two days after starting every single symptom I had started to decrease and by week 2 they were gone. I had my labs drawn in April and everything was fine. I have been on the progeram for 9 months and have not felt this good in years. I can not describe how "normal" I have felt. Then 2 weeks ago everything changed. All the symptoms came back in full force, starting with libido (or lack of I should say). Now I feel exactly like I did before I started TRT. I havn't changed anything in the way of dosage or application. Has this happened to anyone else. I have a call into Dr. John and am just waiting for him to respond but I thought I'd get some thoughts from you guys in the mean time. Thanks

  2. Registered User
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Answers
    0


    What meds are/were you on for TRT?

    Have you changed any medication recently (NON-TRT, as you mentioned TRT has been consistent)

    Have you had your blood work checked in a while?

    Life changes?
  3. Registered User
    fit4life05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    150
    Answers
    0


    Im guessing you were using Tgel? I know this has happened to others as well.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    greenlantern0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    The meds I was taking was 7.5mg Androgel, 200 iu HCG EOD, Pregnenolone creme, Dhea 50mg /day. I have not changed anything, had a life change and I am not under any major stress. I hav enot had my blood work doen since April. I am sure that that will need to be done next. As for others having this happen to them - have they had any success correcting whatever was causing the problem?
  5. Registered User
    dcguy4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    67
    Answers
    0


    I am guessing its E2 raising it's head. You are not on any AI .
  6. Registered User
    greenlantern0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dcguy4u View Post
    I am guessing its E2 raising it's head. You are not on any AI .
    No, not on any AI. I will prob have my labs redrawn next week. If E2 turns out to be elevated will lowering E2 aliviate the prob and if so is that another med I will be on all the time or is it used as needed when E2 becomes elevated? Forgive my ignorance but I have not had any problems with my TRT so far. I guess it was too good to be true without a few problems now and then. I just hope that this can be fixed!

    One more thing that has gotten worse over the last 3-4 days is that I am absolutely exhaused. I can barely stay awake at work and can not even complete a cardio workout I have been doing forever. Is this another sign of elevated E2?
  7. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by greenlantern0 View Post
    No, not on any AI. I will prob have my labs redrawn next week. If E2 turns out to be elevated will lowering E2 aliviate the prob and if so is that another med I will be on all the time or is it used as needed when E2 becomes elevated? Forgive my ignorance but I have not had any problems with my TRT so far. I guess it was too good to be true without a few problems now and then. I just hope that this can be fixed!

    One more thing that has gotten worse over the last 3-4 days is that I am absolutely exhaused. I can barely stay awake at work and can not even complete a cardio workout I have been doing forever. Is this another sign of elevated E2?
    Try some Cortef or Isocort.
    Your adrenals may have been overworked.
    What is your body temperature, if low --->thyroid -->Armour Thyroid.

    Good test could help figuring out what is wrong with you.
    You may want to look at post #44.
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007
  8. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    Estradoil, I guarantee it.
  9. Registered User
    fit4life05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    150
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by greenlantern0 View Post
    The meds I was taking was 7.5mg Androgel, 200 iu HCG EOD, Pregnenolone creme, Dhea 50mg /day. I have not changed anything, had a life change and I am not under any major stress. I hav enot had my blood work doen since April. I am sure that that will need to be done next. As for others having this happen to them - have they had any success correcting whatever was causing the problem?
    IF its not E2 then I would switch to injections. Make sure you get thyroid checked as well
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. hcg stopped working
    By lattimer99 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 05:25 PM
  2. Possible for Androgel to stop working?
    By Rausch in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 06:46 PM
  3. Anevol stopped working after week 1
    By jacobwh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 04:52 PM
  4. Ever heard of Testim just stop working?
    By bioman3131 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 10:20 AM
  5. Why SD stops working after 3 weeks
    By darkswan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-02-2005, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in