Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Phosphatidylcholine - and importance

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    anybody else have real bad stomach and naseau issues from even a little bit of choline?

I mean, i have 2 different multi vitamins with something like 50 and 100mg of choline in them and both often give me stomach problems. im hesitant to go back to lecithin granules for the same reason. I used to use them all the time but it really seems to do a number on my stomach.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    anybody else have real bad stomach and naseau issues from even a little bit of choline?

I mean, i have 2 different multi vitamins with something like 50 and 100mg of choline in them and both often give me stomach problems. im hesitant to go back to lecithin granules for the same reason. I used to use them all the time but it really seems to do a number on my stomach.
    some people are intolerant to lechithans and are allergic to them..get choline from organic eggs..but you need balanced e2 to up take the choline. why do you think estrogen defieincy causes memory problems No choline - not acteylcholine - lack of memory. e2 is responsible for iodine uptake into thyroid as well. Too much or too little will screw you . another reason explaining why my iodine levels where low. lack of e2 for uptake into the thyroid.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%

Quote:
    • Some newer and more potent preparations contains up to 98 percent phosphatidylcholine. These more pure forms of phosphatidylcholine are preferred since they are associated with fewer gastrointestinal side effects. This is particularly true in the treatment of those conditions that require large doses of phosphatidylcholine (i.e., 15 to 30 grams) because low-concentration forms such as lecithin would be required in such large amounts that side effects would be nearly inevitable.
    Intravenous form is also available. The liver is the largest organ of the body and receives the first flush of PC from an infusion. However an exchange of lipids is systemic with every organ, every neuron, every cell sharing the increased PC and the higher performing lipids (HUFAs). It should be expected that improved metabolic performance would also be systemic.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.14%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    some people are intolerant to lechithans and are allergic to them..get choline from organic eggs..but you need balanced e2 to up take the choline. why do you think estrogen defieincy causes memory problems No choline - not acteylcholine - lack of memory. e2 is responsible for iodine uptake into thyroid as well. Too much or too little will screw you . another reason explaining why my iodine levels where low. lack of e2 for uptake into the thyroid.
    hmmm...ive always thought Ive had higher estrogen (my somewhat poorly done labcorp e2 had me at 38 with only a total test of 599) but I dont think im holding a) magnesium, b) choline or c) iodine very well...despite supplementation. its weird, i seem to have weird estrogen problems as well.

also, i read the article there Janz...and if anyone knew of INEXPESNIVE sources of choline (besides the 6 organic eggss i eat daily) or an IV source....im a guinea pig.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%

hmmm...ive always thought Ive had higher estrogen (my somewhat poorly done labcorp e2 had me at 38 with only a total test of 599) but I dont think im holding a) magnesium, b) choline or c) iodine very well...despite supplementation. its weird, i seem to have weird estrogen problems as well.

also, i read the article there Janz...and if anyone knew of INEXPESNIVE sources of choline (besides the 6 organic eggss i eat daily) or an IV source....im a guinea pig.
    Not sure if any proportions and guestimates would work, but
    on my test 13April/07 Quest did both tests from same blood.

Estradiol=45pg/mL (<52) wrong for men
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive=27 pg/mL (10-50)

so I am guessing that your 38 may have been just about the number that you may want.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.34%

Scotty in the near future I think as with T we are going to look at free estrodial and total estrodial for a better overal picture to what is going on. I think alot of guys may be having a biounavailabitiy of estrodial or biodefieincy.

Guys with higher shbg need higher e2 levels or they experience same symptoms as estrogen defeiicny

guys with lower shbg need lower estrodial in order to not to feel symptoms of estrogen domainace.

Its crazy but I am walking case for first example and prgrmmer is for the second case..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Phosphatidylcholine and cardiovascular disease
    By broons in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 11:00 AM
  2. Phosphatidtylcholiine and omega 3:6 how important it is
    By hardasnails1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
  3. Pelvic Stabilization, and why its important.
    By Quinc in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 06:09 PM