Probiotics for men's health

  1. Registered User
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    127

    Probiotics for men's health


    I've been reading about a topic that is rarely discussed in this forum, probiotics. From what I have read, probiotics can offer improved digestion, lowered cholesterol, and resistance to certain fungus strains that can really wreck havoc on the human body (see the link below for candida). Many of the candida symptoms parallel those associated with low testosterone and diabetes.

    Do anyone have experience with probiotics? I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

    The Candida Connection

  2. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00571.html
    Primal Defense
    900 mg, 90 caplets
    Item Catalog Number: 571
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by rightship3 View Post
    I've been reading about a topic that is rarely discussed in this forum, probiotics. From what I have read, probiotics can offer improved digestion, lowered cholesterol, and resistance to certain fungus strains that can really wreck havoc on the human body (see the link below for candida). Many of the candida symptoms parallel those associated with low testosterone and diabetes.

    Do anyone have experience with probiotics? I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

    The Candida Connection
    More so altered gut morphoology will cause alterations in estrogen metabolism due to increased beta gluconidase.
    Surprising 60-70% of humans have it and do not know it.
    Hence estrogen which are suppose to be escorted out are running rampant in the body causing extra stress to the liver, clogging up hormone receptors (HMMM SOUND FAMILAR)
    See where my thinking og gut/brain/liver comes into play.

    Heal the gut (seal holes in leaky gut,reduces endotoxins ) stress on liver and can produce proper neuotransmitters to the brain resolving mental issues.

    saccharomyces boulardii - florastor for dysbiois of the bowel ..

    Very nice and simple but Medical communtiy is so blind to it..
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    More so altered gut morphoology will cause alterations in estrogen metabolism due to increased beta gluconidase.
    Surprising 60-70% of humans have it and do not know it.
    Hence estrogen which are suppose to be escorted out are running rampant in the body causing extra stress to the liver, clogging up hormone receptors (HMMM SOUND FAMILAR)
    See where my thinking og gut/brain/liver comes into play.

    Heal the gut (seal holes in leaky gut,reduces endotoxins ) stress on liver and can produce proper neuotransmitters to the brain resolving mental issues.

    saccharomyces boulardii - florastor for dysbiois of the bowel ..

    Very nice and simple but Medical communtiy is so blind to it..

    Possibly matter of amount, but Primal Defense contains
    Saccharomyces boulardii
    among many other probiotics


    ============================== ============================== ==============
    Florastor: Saccharomyces boulardii by Biocodex - 50 caps 250mg -----Your Price: $39.95

    Florastor: Saccharomyces boulardii by Biocodex

    Ingredients and Suggested Use
    Lyophilized Saccharomyces boulardii from Biocodex 250 mg
    Each capsule contains over 5 billion live cells.
    ============================== ============================== ==============
    Primal Defense, 900 Mg 90 Caps Garden Of Life
    Primal Defense ---------- $36.38 each
    The following probiotic species or their enzymes are contained in the product:

    14 nondairy probiotic strains 900 mg (note: Biocodex contains 250mg )


    Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Lactobacillus casei

    Bifidobacterium longum
    Lactobacillus rhamnosus

    Lactobacillus brevis
    Bacillus subtilis

    Lactobacillus salivarius
    Bifidobacterium bifidum

    Bacillus licheniformis
    Lactobacillus plantarum

    Bifidobacterium breve
    Saccharomyces boulardii

    Lactobacillus paracasei
    Bifidobacterium lactis
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I take one pill of Primal Defense every day.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Possibly matter of amount, but Primal Defense contains
    Saccharomyces boulardii
    among many other probiotics


    ============================== ============================== ==============
    Florastor: Saccharomyces boulardii by Biocodex - 50 caps 250mg -----Your Price: $39.95

    http://www.millnut.com/Florastor-Sac...ex_p_0-84.html

    Ingredients and Suggested Use
    Lyophilized Saccharomyces boulardii from Biocodex 250 mg
    Each capsule contains over 5 billion live cells.
    ============================== ============================== ==============
    http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00571.html
    Primal Defense ---------- $36.38 each
    The following probiotic species or their enzymes are contained in the product:

    14 nondairy probiotic strains 900 mg (note: Biocodex contains 250mg )


    Lactobacillus acidophilus
    Lactobacillus casei

    Bifidobacterium longum
    Lactobacillus rhamnosus

    Lactobacillus brevis
    Bacillus subtilis

    Lactobacillus salivarius
    Bifidobacterium bifidum

    Bacillus licheniformis
    Lactobacillus plantarum

    Bifidobacterium breve


    Lactobacillus paracasei
    Bifidobacterium lactis
    Reason you can use Saccharomyces boulardii with any antibiotic is because its not a bacteria but a yeast that eat other yeasts. MY Gi dr swears by it and thats unusaul for dr
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,303
    Rep Power
    755325

    We have had a lot of successful feedback about our product, GUT Health. Reports are lessening (or elimination) of symptoms from IBS, improved digestion, boosted immune system (subjective) and a significant decrease in flatulence/bloating.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  7. Registered User
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    127

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Primal Defense, 900 Mg 90 Caps Garden Of Life
    Primal Defense
    900 mg, 90 caplets
    Item Catalog Number: 571
    JanSz do you have experience with Primal Defense? (scratch this request, I saw you mentioned your personal usage is a latter post-thanks!)

    I have confidence in most things LEF sells.

    FWIW...I see many people on the web supporting a product called ThreeLac.
  8. Registered User
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    254

    Yep, I think its a good idea as a preventative measure. The amount of anti-biotics there are in milk, meat and eggs, sooner or later you will run into gut issues...only the severity will vary.

    Dont over-do them though or you could create a problem rather than preventing one.
  9. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    642

    instead of the regular, get the PRIMAL DEFENSE ULTRA. much better and not a whole lot more expensive. Gut HEALTH is pretty solid too. I use 2 PDUltra plus 1 gut health, plus 2 from vitacost every day.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Yep, I think its a good idea as a preventative measure. The amount of anti-biotics there are in milk, meat and eggs, sooner or later you will run into gut issues...only the severity will vary.

    Dont over-do them though or you could create a problem rather than preventing one.
    With probiotics there is no really over dosing on them, but more so its the chemicals in meat and other preservatives killing us. My diet I just switched to oreganic eggs, little chicken, turkey, red meat 3 times a week more so my diet is basied on egg protein powder that is the cleanest I have found. ITs by vitol and was recommended by Dr Patricia Kane to all her patiece dealing with detaoxifcation. Its about the same as a dozen egg whites so levels out and 50 grams protein goes down in no time no bloat gase or anything.

    Here is my stable of my diet
    2 TBSP of vitol
    2 tsp TBSP EVO by spectrum or what ever
    1/2 serving of VPX zero carb whey protein
    1/8 cup shiloah farm organic rice bran
    1/4 cup fruit stralberries
    1 TBSP organic black strap molasses
    1 whole organic egg
    1/2 serving of nutriva hemp seed protein powder bland
    5000 mcg biotin
    cinamon aids in blood sugar

    comes out to be
    40-45 grams protein - Egg, whey , no calcium casineate
    45 grams of carbs - 12 grams fiber = net carbs - 33
    50% complex 50% fructose
    14 grams of fat mix of o'3 and o'9
    12 grams of fiber 50% soluable 50% insoluable
    1200 mgs potassium
    300 mgs sodium - whey and whole egg mainly

    magnesium 250 mgs from hempseeds and molasees

    calcium comes from molasses mainly 150 mgs
    optimal 4-5 ratio of potassium to sodium

    I use flora star and healthy trinity
  11. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    642

    thats WAY too much potassium to sodium if you have adrenal issues. your just going to hit your adrenals even harder. raise your sodium WWAY up with sea salt.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    thats WAY too much potassium to sodium if you have adrenal issues. your just going to hit your adrenals even harder. raise your sodium WWAY up with sea salt.
    Add in 1/2 tsp of seasalt 2 times a day like adrenal people should be doing will over ride this imbalance.

    i drink that shake 2 times aday and my p:na is 2-3:1

    Scotty my diet is so calibrated it will make any body builders diet look like a walk in the park ..
    Now one knows what it takes to get to national level being year drug free to obtain the conditoin i did in that video ..
    As soon as i figure my one problem consitpation unresolved by laxatives, magnesium, ect which know is estrogen basaed I will be bigger then ever before with what i have accumulated over the time I was sick, Im implementing alot of my learning into my clients and been getting phenomial results. Like I said i personal train and calibrate from cellular level on up..manipulating mitochondriion make people gro faster then people on steroids..

    Combinding orthomolecular medicine and nutrition into Bodybuilders will make it a bodybuilders wet dream HAHA
  13. Registered User
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    254

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    With probiotics there is no really over dosing on them, but more so its the chemicals in meat and other preservatives killing us. My diet I just switched to oreganic eggs, little chicken, turkey, red meat 3 times a week more so my diet is basied on egg protein powder that is the cleanest I have found. ITs by vitol and was recommended by Dr Patricia Kane to all her patiece dealing with detaoxifcation. Its about the same as a dozen egg whites so levels out and 50 grams protein goes down in no time no bloat gase or anything.

    Here is my stable of my diet2 TBSP of vitol
    2 tsp TBSP EVO by spectrum or what ever
    1/2 serving of VPX zero carb whey protein
    1/8 cup shiloah farm organic rice bran
    1/4 cup fruit stralberries
    1 TBSP organic black strap molasses
    1 whole organic egg
    1/2 serving of nutriva hemp seed protein powder bland
    5000 mcg biotin
    cinamon aids in blood sugar

    comes out to be
    40-45 grams protein - Egg, whey , no calcium casineate
    45 grams of carbs - 12 grams fiber = net carbs - 33
    50% complex 50% fructose
    14 grams of fat mix of o'3 and o'9
    12 grams of fiber 50% soluable 50% insoluable
    1200 mgs potassium
    300 mgs sodium - whey and whole egg mainly

    magnesium 250 mgs from hempseeds and molasees

    calcium comes from molasses mainly 150 mgs
    optimal 4-5 ratio of potassium to sodium

    I use flora star and healthy trinity


    I read that you can have too much probiotics in a book ages ago. He must have been full of crap because I just googled it and your right....hahaha. He was talking about too much probiotics causing gas, bloating and heartburn etc.....
    I think it probably would cause those things in the short term, but thats about it.
  14. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    instead of the regular, get the PRIMAL DEFENSE ULTRA. much better and not a whole lot more expensive. Gut HEALTH is pretty solid too. I use 2 PDUltra plus 1 gut health, plus 2 from vitacost every day.
    Thanks;
    I did not knew about Ultra

    Primal Defense Ultra
    http://www.healthfoodemporium.com/pr...FQILPwodbEvEXw

    they also advice to couple it with

    Omegazyme Ultra
    http://www.healthfoodemporium.com/prod_page.php?id=218
    .
    Wonder if you want to compare the Omegazyme with
    Super Digestive Enzymes

    http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00072.html
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Thanks;
    I did not knew about Ultra

    Primal Defense Ultra
    http://www.healthfoodemporium.com/pr...FQILPwodbEvEXw

    they also advice to couple it with

    Omegazyme Ultra
    http://www.healthfoodemporium.com/prod_page.php?id=218
    .
    Wonder if you want to compare the Omegazyme with
    Super Digestive Enzymes

    http://www.lef.org/newshop/items/item00072.html
    I use the omegazyme from garden of life i like it but lacks oxbile and guys with hormonal problems lack proper liver secretions majority of the time.
  16. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    I use the omegazyme from garden of life i like it but lacks oxbile and guys with hormonal problems lack proper liver secretions majority of the time.
    I used to use Universal Animal Pack and am still thinking if I made a good decission exchanging it fo LEF multivitamins.

    I just could not realy figure on how to deal with other supplements, since Animal Pack is much more than multivitamins.

    http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?ID=7

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html

    ============================== =========
    Colostrum(Bovine) 25mg **
    Argentine Liver(Bovine) 3.9g **
    Ox Bile(Bovine) 120mg **

    ============================== =========

    Calories 16
    Total Carbohydrates 1g <1%*
    Protein 3g 6%*
    Vitamin A(as Acetate & 66% As ▀-Carotene) 9900IU 198%
    Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid) 1g 1,667%
    Vitamin D(as Ergocalciferol) 680IU 170%
    Vitamin E(as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 300IU 1,000%
    Thiamin(as Thiamin HCL) 76mg 5,067%
    Riboflavin 76mg 4,471%
    Niacin(as Niacinamide) 82mg 410%
    Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine HCL) 72mg 3,600%
    Folic Acid(as ) 400mcg 100%
    Vitamin B12(as Cyanocobalamin) 6mcg 100%
    Biotin 300mcg 100%
    Pantothenic Acid(as Calcium Pantothenate) 76mg 760%
    Calcium(as Citrate, Carbonate) 2g 200%
    Phosphorus(as Calcium Phosphate) 228mg 23%
    Iodine(from Kelp) 150mcg 100%
    Magnesium(as Oxide) 133mg 33%
    Zinc(as Oxide) 30mg 200%
    Selenium(as Selenite) 50mcg 71%
    Copper(as Sulfate) 600mcg 30%
    Manganese(as Sulfate) 11mcg 550%
    Chromium(as Picolinate) 6mcg 5%
    Potassium(as Sulfate) 200mg 6%

    Amino Acid Blend
    Lysine(from Lactabumin) 300mg **
    Methionine(from Lactabumin) 500mg **
    Leucine(from Lactabumin) 100mg **
    Valine(from Lactabumin) 760mg **
    Threonine(from Lactabumin) 48mg **
    Glutamic Acid(from Lactabumin) 700mg **
    Phenylalanine(from Lactabumin) 560mg **
    Arginine(as L-Arginine) 2g **

    Performance Optimizers
    Siberian Ginseng(Root) 2g **
    Oriental Ginseng(Root) 250mg **
    Smilax Officinalis(Root) 500mg **
    Protogen A(Thioctic Acid) 200mcg **
    Inosine(Hypoxanthine Riboside) 500mg **
    Pyridoxine Alpha-Ketoglutarate HCL(PAK) 200mg **
    Carnitine(L-Carnitine) 25mg **
    Chromium Picolinateć 50mcg **
    Coenzyme A 20mg **
    Coenzyme B12 10mg **
    Phosphatidylcholine 200mg **
    Para-Aminobenzoic Acid(PABA) 400mg **
    Colostrum(Bovine) 25mg **
    Argentine Liver(Bovine) 3.9g **

    Shark Cartilage 1g **
    Choline Complex 1.2g **
    Bioflavonoids(Citrus) 1g **

    Essential Fatty Acid Complex
    Linoleic Acid 200mg **
    Oleic Acid 100mg **

    Digestive Enzymes
    Betaine HCL 200mg **
    Pepsin 64mg **
    Papain 64mg **
    Ox Bile(Bovine) 120mg **
    Pancreatin 700mg **
    Mycozyme 64mg **
  17. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    642

    ive switched (I think on HAN's suggestion) to NOW's digestive enzymes to get the oxbile, from basic betaine HCL and im liking the NOW enzymes. If only Dr. John could get me back in the freakin gym. Being off since January is a major pain in the ass. But anything more than a walk or a light walk/jog and Im hurting bad the next day and sleeeping like ****.

    Speaking of the constipation for ya HAN. Might need a bit more hydrocortisone (cortef). I notice one of the first things to go when im HC depleted is normal bowel movements. Another thing is to increase the magnesium. I take 400-600mg of mag citrate a night, sometimes a mag/cal citrate blend and really keep the sea salt high.

    Another idea is to megaload the vitamin C. Ester C is better. And then do it to bowel tolerance...and maybe a little beyond if you need that push. Constipation sucks.....ive finally started conquering it.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    ive switched (I think on HAN's suggestion) to NOW's digestive enzymes to get the oxbile, from basic betaine HCL and im liking the NOW enzymes. If only Dr. John could get me back in the freakin gym. Being off since January is a major pain in the ass. But anything more than a walk or a light walk/jog and Im hurting bad the next day and sleeeping like ****.

    Speaking of the constipation for ya HAN. Might need a bit more hydrocortisone (cortef). I notice one of the first things to go when im HC depleted is normal bowel movements. Another thing is to increase the magnesium. I take 400-600mg of mag citrate a night, sometimes a mag/cal citrate blend and really keep the sea salt high.

    Another idea is to megaload the vitamin C. Ester C is better. And then do it to bowel tolerance...and maybe a little beyond if you need that push. Constipation sucks.....ive finally started conquering it.
    Yes i found reference to article that cortisol actual drives bowel movement. Ok on that note. If estrogens are screwed high or low that would alter the cortisol levels. I'm at 20 mgs a day right now of cortef when my estrogen goes low constipation and joint pains get worse is that a sign cortisol is also going low? 1000 mgs does not even work on me

    SCott how much cortef you on ..i was on 20 mgs a day and still only tested not even mid range in the free cortisol, but i did find refrence that altered estrogen metabolites may be interring in the cortisol receptors sites which was very intersting !!!
    So by correcting the estrogen imbalnces free up the crap estrogen so the real hormones can attach ..and riasing cortef is a bandaid approach to the primary cause which are the estrogens
  19. Registered User
    Scottyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,002
    Rep Power
    642

    raising cortef may be a "bandaid" but it might also be needed for proper detox of the estrogens...so while your trying to get estrogens in line, you might need a higher dose.

    Im on a fairly high dose..42.5mg but I tried 20mg for the longest time and couldnt raise my armour even to 1 grain without crashing. then i tried a little higher, than up to 30, and slowly found 42.5 is the best...normally, i still have to stress dose at times.

    I think the iodine makes things a bit worse, especiialy at first but now i seem to be able to last a bit longer (i used to metabolize cortef like every 3 hours or faster). Dr. John still thinks i might be an 'excreter' and just burning through cortisol into cortisone. hopefully my rhein labs will tell more this thursday.

    id consider trying 25mg of cortef and see how you feel. that is still very much under the suprapsyiological levels. especially since you are still working out, and i think intensely right? could also trying to add a dose before workouts or adding in a higher dose and see how you feel.

    if your like me, your blood pressure etc. are low so a lil on the high side of cortisol is not a bad thing. will give you a little more ''padding'. and speaking of constipation....had a rough night sleeping last night and felt 'bad' all morning. and guess what...constipated. usually the nighttime mag citrate gets me going just after breakfast. but today needed help.
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyo View Post
    raising cortef may be a "bandaid" but it might also be needed for proper detox of the estrogens...so while your trying to get estrogens in line, you might need a higher dose.

    Im on a fairly high dose..42.5mg but I tried 20mg for the longest time and couldnt raise my armour even to 1 grain without crashing. then i tried a little higher, than up to 30, and slowly found 42.5 is the best...normally, i still have to stress dose at times.

    I think the iodine makes things a bit worse, especiialy at first but now i seem to be able to last a bit longer (i used to metabolize cortef like every 3 hours or faster). Dr. John still thinks i might be an 'excreter' and just burning through cortisol into cortisone. hopefully my rhein labs will tell more this thursday.

    id consider trying 25mg of cortef and see how you feel. that is still very much under the suprapsyiological levels. especially since you are still working out, and i think intensely right? could also trying to add a dose before workouts or adding in a higher dose and see how you feel.

    if your like me, your blood pressure etc. are low so a lil on the high side of cortisol is not a bad thing. will give you a little more ''padding'. and speaking of constipation....had a rough night sleeping last night and felt 'bad' all morning. and guess what...constipated. usually the nighttime mag citrate gets me going just after breakfast. but today needed help.
    I think my problem has never been high estrogens but low e2 and may be fuked up estrogen metabolism This is how e2 releats to consitpation. e2 increases uptake of choline which is a methyl donor and my intracellular choline levels are low (how about that). One that can not dream which i have not been able to for a while BUT when my e2 was really high and i started taking armidex after a short time I was able to dream like never before and also bowels started to move more regular. Could have i hit a sweet spot with my e2 I BET YOU I DID. To regulate bowels there is serotonin,acetylcholine, gaba and guess what both are driven by e2. So in my little e2 down swing I had a sweet spot for about 2-3 days and with out e2 calcium/ magnesium does not get retained (these also dropped significatly from last intracell test. And given the fact the dr stuck me on an anti arotase and before I came to this board I was on 1 mgs of armidex a week and never even check my e2 levels after TRT was started with gel and hcg. So i was not absorbing the gel and just living off 250 ius hcg 2 times a week on top of 1 mgs armidex (not liquidex) and slowly i started to go down hill constipation was getting worse and worse and lossing muscle mass left and right depsite hard trainiing proper eating and so forth and in that time my lipoprotein A rose to 125 which is ludicrose. When i researched lp(a) it said 2 things lower it e2 and also niacin. I tried niacin did not do a damn thing. on my last test my e2 was 17 after tapering down slowly from 78 e2 to .25 liquidez every 5 th day at the lowest end. So I started getting gyno for no reason again thinking it was e2 so i upper liquidex .5 mg a few days and still no resolution. This left me stracthcing my head and tits still hurting. Then it dawned on me I started HCG which increases progesterone which was at the high end last time before even starting it. Since backing down to 200 ius every 3 rd day it has subsided and i beleive the calcium D and the reservatrol are holding me steady with out any dex. MY theory is I never needed dex in the first place and it only made things worse. An i thnk the low estrogen was stressing my adrenals making me need more cortisol but i was scared to increase it ..
  21. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    301

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Could have i hit a sweet spot with my e2 I BET YOU I DID.

    It isn't uncommon to hit that sweet spot, where, for a short time, you think you are really are starting to feel like you are supposed to feel.


    But staying in the sweet spot is the trick of all of this.
  22. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2413

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    I think my problem has never been high estrogens but low e2 and may be fuked up estrogen metabolism This is how e2 releats to consitpation. e2 increases uptake of choline which is a methyl donor and my intracellular choline levels are low (how about that). One that can not dream which i have not been able to for a while BUT when my e2 was really high and i started taking armidex after a short time I was able to dream like never before and also bowels started to move more regular. Could have i hit a sweet spot with my e2 I BET YOU I DID. To regulate bowels there is serotonin,acetylcholine, gaba and guess what both are driven by e2. So in my little e2 down swing I had a sweet spot for about 2-3 days and with out e2 calcium/ magnesium does not get retained (these also dropped significatly from last intracell test. And given the fact the dr stuck me on an anti arotase and before I came to this board I was on 1 mgs of armidex a week and never even check my e2 levels after TRT was started with gel and hcg. So i was not absorbing the gel and just living off 250 ius hcg 2 times a week on top of 1 mgs armidex (not liquidex) and slowly i started to go down hill constipation was getting worse and worse and lossing muscle mass left and right depsite hard trainiing proper eating and so forth and in that time my lipoprotein A rose to 125 which is ludicrose. When i researched lp(a) it said 2 things lower it e2 and also niacin. I tried niacin did not do a damn thing. on my last test my e2 was 17 after tapering down slowly from 78 e2 to .25 liquidez every 5 th day at the lowest end. So I started getting gyno for no reason again thinking it was e2 so i upper liquidex .5 mg a few days and still no resolution. This left me stracthcing my head and tits still hurting. Then it dawned on me I started HCG which increases progesterone which was at the high end last time before even starting it. Since backing down to 200 ius every 3 rd day it has subsided and i beleive the calcium D and the reservatrol are holding me steady with out any dex. MY theory is I never needed dex in the first place and it only made things worse. An i thnk the low estrogen was stressing my adrenals making me need more cortisol but i was scared to increase it ..
    When gyno is a problem, we look to lower E2 but there are other resons when gyno may be a problem while E2 is either correct or low.
    Do you care discussing these other reasons?
    Thee are few people on this board that are in this predicament.
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    It isn't uncommon to hit that sweet spot, where, for a short time, you think you are really are starting to feel like you are supposed to feel.


    But staying in the sweet spot is the trick of all of this.
    I'm working bring shbg down from 37 and to match the e2 of possible 17 or should I bring up e2 to match the shbg.
  24. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    301

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    I'm working bring shbg down from 37 and to match the e2 of possible 17 or should I bring up e2 to match the shbg.
    Why do they need to match? You could stand higher E2.
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1159

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Why do they need to match? You could stand higher E2.
    Because all my life my shbg has been half of that..18-20.
    I just like to know why its so high possible xeno estrogen or altered e metabolites increaseing shbg. I look at all other avenues and they all seem to be in check. May be i need more fish oils. I just want a reason why it doubled in less then a year and it has been consisten via blood work
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Any Supps Good For Adrenal Gland Health?
    By jmh80 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 07:51 PM
  2. running anavar alone for men
    By nattyHST in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 04:07 PM
  3. anybody read the cops&steroids article in men's health?
    By massmonster in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 03:14 PM
  4. Test Enan=Birth Control for men?
    By bionicBC in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 02:29 AM
  5. for men only
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2002, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in