33 year old with Test troubles.....HELP!

chelo

Awards
I am a 33 year old male who has been suffering from low test symptoms for a year now. My first blood test (taken at 2pm) resulted in a low reading for test (178). My lipid panel, cbc panel and comp metabolic panel was normal. My doc and I tested again in the morning while fasting here were my results....
Estradiol 32 0-54 range
Fsh 2.3 1.6-8.0 range
Lh 4.4 1.5-9.3
Prolactin 4.0 2.0-18.0
Total Test 285 241-827

It seems as if everything is normal but my total test. My doc did inject me today with Test Cypionate 200mg dose. He told me to see how I feel on it and to return in a month. When I return in a month we will decide what are next move is. If I feel good then I will continue on it with a monthly dose. If I don't feel good or no change, then we will consult a endo doc for further evaluation.

Do you all think this was correct proceedure? What should I look out for? When will I start feeling better? I just don't know what to do! I was hoping for a off the chart reading on one of my tests so I could pin point the problem but everything came back normal!!!

If everything is normal but the testosterone, what could it be?

Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks so much!!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am a 33 year old male who has been suffering from low test symptoms for a year now. My first blood test (taken at 2pm) resulted in a low reading for test (178). My lipid panel, cbc panel and comp metabolic panel was normal. My doc and I tested again in the morning while fasting here were my results....
Estradiol 32 0-54 range
Fsh 2.3 1.6-8.0 range
Lh 4.4 1.5-9.3
Prolactin 4.0 2.0-18.0
Total Test 285 241-827

It seems as if everything is normal but my total test. My doc did inject me today with Test Cypionate 200mg dose. He told me to see how I feel on it and to return in a month. When I return in a month we will decide what are next move is. If I feel good then I will continue on it with a monthly dose. If I don't feel good or no change, then we will consult a endo doc for further evaluation.

Do you all think this was correct proceedure? What should I look out for? When will I start feeling better? I just don't know what to do! I was hoping for a off the chart reading on one of my tests so I could pin point the problem but everything came back normal!!!

It would be much better if the good doctor for example said that the 200mg Test dose is jump start dose, and you are on 100mg/week routine from now until next blood test in 2 months.
This way within a week you are due for next t shot, 100mg, and continue every week there after.

Next better would be, the 100mg/week but E3D dose.
This way within a week you are due for 100/7*3=43 mg and 43mg shots every 3rd day threre after.

Next better would be if you added 500iu HCG every time you have a t shot.

Next better, change Testosterone shots to Subq shots using 31ga needle.

Next better, if you find out you SHBG level so you could come with better estimation of your initial Testosterone dose.

Next better if you tested
FreeT3
FreeT4
and correct any defficiency using Armour Thyroid and Cortef if you find also weak Adrenals.

Next better if you do blood test as described in post #44, and have a better picture of you health.
=============================================
Now all you have to do is pick your choice and convince your doc to go along with it.

One way would be to start praising your doctor on how good his move was (even with his wrong intentions).

wondering

Awards
keep readign posts here and learn as much as you can. read Dr. John's stickies.

You should have had a complete Thyroid panel and Adrenal testing done BEFORE TRT began. Makes it harder now, but not impossible.

You MUST have a good doctor. Don't waste your life thinking it's in you head or letting unknowledgeable doctors tell you it's in your head.

the internet is the best tool ever invented for us to learn - use it.

I would go to 100mg per week immediately. if you doctor doesn't agree then get a new one. If you are injecting yourself, feel safe in changing this on your own, This is one of the only times I would EVER tell you to disregard a doctors instructions absent of another doctors instructions.

if he doesn't understand merits of 100mg per week over 200mg every 2 weeks, he will never understand the more com-licated things he will need to know to help you.

If he has an open mind, see if he would be willing to consult with Dr. Crisler over the phone. if you are close to Lansing, MI, go see him yourself.

--------------
Estradiol 32 0-54 range
Fsh 2.3 1.6-8.0 range
Lh 4.4 1.5-9.3
Prolactin 4.0 2.0-18.0
Total Test 285 241-827

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
keep readign posts here and learn as much as you can. read Dr. John's stickies.

You should have had a complete Thyroid panel and Adrenal testing done BEFORE TRT began. Makes it harder now, but not impossible.

You MUST have a good doctor. Don't waste your life thinking it's in you head or letting unknowledgeable doctors tell you it's in your head.

the internet is the best tool ever invented for us to learn - use it.

I would go to 100mg per week immediately. if you doctor doesn't agree then get a new one. If you are injecting yourself, feel safe in changing this on your own, This is one of the only times I would EVER tell you to disregard a doctors instructions absent of another doctors instructions.

if he doesn't understand merits of 100mg per week over 200mg every 2 weeks, he will never understand the more com-licated things he will need to know to help you.

If he has an open mind, see if he would be willing to consult with Dr. Crisler over the phone. if you are close to Lansing, MI, go see him yourself.

--------------
You MUST have a good doctor.

This is true statement but hard to accomplish, but there is second best category that is workable.

If you learn enough about HRT (and if your case is not hopelesly complicated) then all you need is a doctor whom you convince that you know what you are doing. He will then cooperate with you and give you neccesary scripts.

Until I found my present doctor, for few years all I was able to get from my doctor was Androgel scripts and any blood test scripts I want. I kept that doctor while always looking for better one.
Doctor who is open to give you scripts for injectable testosterone is a big plus. If you do not have anything better, keep him, just do not listen to his advice.

Doctor or not, in order to have a shot at success, whaterew you are doing, have to be methodical and supported by proper blood testing.

chelo

Awards
A week after the shot I am still tired and now have no erections. I really want to go to an endo. but I think the doc wants to wait until the next appt in 3 weeks. Everywhere I read, the dosage is 100mg per week. Why would my doc only prescribe 200mg once a month? I am confused and not sure what to do. Any help would be great!!!!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
A week after the shot I am still tired and now have no erections. I really want to go to an endo. but I think the doc wants to wait until the next appt in 3 weeks. Everywhere I read, the dosage is 100mg per week. Why would my doc only prescribe 200mg once a month? I am confused and not sure what to do. Any help would be great!!!!
Re-read the advice you have already got.

USE IT.

There is not much more mystery about it.