effect of TRT on Thyroid

wondering

Awards
what is the effect of Test Cyp injections on Thyroid function.

I am on test Cyp with limited symptom success and am becomingincreasingly convinced Thyroid and/or Adrenal problems are the culprit.

My PCP is consulting w/ Dr. Crisler and I have done the Rhein 24hr Urine Lab. Waitigng for feedback. Interestingly, Free T3 and Free T4 aren't included in that panel.

I dug up old BW and found I had TSH and Free T4 run in the past w/ normal to low-normal Free T4 and TSH of 2.66 and 4.3

Curious if now that I am on Test Cyp if that clouds Thyroid testing.

Can't wait to hear from Dr. Crisler.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
what is the effect of Test Cyp injections on Thyroid function.

I am on test Cyp with limited symptom success and am becomingincreasingly convinced Thyroid and/or Adrenal problems are the culprit.

My PCP is consulting w/ Dr. Crisler and I have done the Rhein 24hr Urine Lab. Waitigng for feedback. Interestingly, Free T3 and Free T4 aren't included in that panel.

I dug up old BW and found I had TSH and Free T4 run in the past w/ normal to low-normal Free T4 and TSH of 2.66 and 4.3

Curious if now that I am on Test Cyp if that clouds Thyroid testing.

Can't wait to hear from Dr. Crisler.
Do not have answer but;

make effort to get

FreeT3
FreeT4
FreeT
E2
2/16 and 4
DHT
DHEA
pregnenolone

into desirable range and worry who comes first latter or not at all.

Ask your PCP to test the whle above list (and few other).
===========================================

Post complete results of your RheinLab test, you may get some feedback.

Megazoid

Awards
I walked into the same problem. I tried every form of TRT from gels, creams to finally injections (at 125/150mg weekly) and noticed nothing in the way of improvements with regards to libido/ED, etc. However i was also diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and hypothyrodism a few months later.

Testosterone will lower cortisol and DHEA. It can also effect thyroid due to this.

Good TRT responders have perfect adrenal/thyroid function.

wondering

Awards
have you been treated fro Adrenal/Thyroid function and found success?

I walked into the same problem. I tried every form of TRT from gels, creams to finally injections (at 125/150mg weekly) and noticed nothing in the way of improvements with regards to libido/ED, etc. However i was also diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and hypothyrodism a few months later.

Testosterone will lower cortisol and DHEA. It can also effect thyroid due to this.

rightship3

Awards

:thumbsup: Agreed, I saw 25% decrease in cortisol. After being on TRT (using only 100mg Test Cyp /week) for 5 weeks my cortisol went from 136 to 101, with a test range of (35-168).

During the same time interval, my DHEA went from 3972 to 1892, with a test range of (5-1476).

A little bit of testosterone has made a world full of positive changes.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: Agreed, I saw 25% decrease in cortisol. After being on TRT (using only 100mg Test Cyp /week) for 5 weeks my cortisol went from 136 to 101, with a test range of (35-168).

During the same time interval, my DHEA went from 3972 to 1892, with a test range of (5-1476).

A little bit of testosterone has made a world full of positive changes.
Make sure you get prescription compounded pregnenolone cream.
100mg/1gram use 1gram/day

rightship3

Awards
Make sure you get prescription compounded pregnenolone cream.
100mg/1gram use 1gram/day
JanSz, please elaborate on what you mean here. Are you seeing something I am missing?

My pregnanediol results were 329 and 407 respectively, with a test range of (32-501).

5-Pregnenetriol was 630 and 679, with a test range of (28-1062).

The first number in each represents pre-HRT baseline.