persistent side effect of finasterid extreme low libido

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    persistent side effect of finasterid extreme low libido


    Hi. I'm 28 years old and I'm from Slovakia (It is in Europe). I'm sorry my English is not good but I'll try. I'm off finasterid for 6 years and I still have side effects. I used it oraly. When I stopped oral administration (1mg/day during one year) because of side effect (depression) I started with homemade alcoholic solution of finasterid and dutasterid. Daily topical dose contained 100mcg of finasterid and 30 mcg dutasterid (for hair this was more effective than oral administration of finasterid) but here occured my problem. Depression went away but my sexual life too. I was taking topical solution for 3 months and in this time my libido died totaly. Now I take nothing for 6 years. During 6 years no improve in my libido (I'm nearly asexual). I tried everything (Testosteron replacement, ginseng, siberian ginseng, rhodiola, leuzea, tribulus, multivitamins, mesterolon as a DHT replacement, piracetam for nerves regeneration, sport, walking) but no improve. I have extreme low libido, my erection is weak, I suffer premature ejaculation. I lost all my girlfriends and now I'm totally alone for 6 years. My hormonal profile (testosterone, prolactin, LH, FSH, thyroid hormone) is ok thus all sexologist said that I'm Ok but I'm not. I need girlfriend for my emotional life but Girls dont want me because of I hate sex. I wish to have family but I can't reach this . PLS Can somebody help me?

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    Hi. I'm 28 years old and I'm from Slovakia (It is in Europe). I'm sorry my English is not good but I'll try. I'm off finasterid for 6 years and I still have side effects. I used it oraly. When I stopped oral administration (1mg/day during one year) because of side effect (depression) I started with homemade alcoholic solution of finasterid and dutasterid. Daily topical dose contained 100mcg of finasterid and 30 mcg dutasterid (for hair this was more effective than oral administration of finasterid) but here occured my problem. Depression went away but my sexual life too. I was taking topical solution for 3 months and in this time my libido died totaly. Now I take nothing for 6 years. During 6 years no improve in my libido (I'm nearly asexual). I tried everything (Testosteron replacement, ginseng, siberian ginseng, rhodiola, leuzea, tribulus, multivitamins, mesterolon as a DHT replacement, piracetam for nerves regeneration, sport, walking) but no improve. I have extreme low libido, my erection is weak, I suffer premature ejaculation. I lost all my girlfriends and now I'm totally alone for 6 years. My hormonal profile (testosterone, prolactin, LH, FSH, thyroid hormone) is ok thus all sexologist said that I'm Ok but I'm not. I need girlfriend for my emotional life but Girls dont want me because of I hate sex. I wish to have family but I can't reach this . PLS Can somebody help me?
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007


    do blood test per post #44.

    Post results here, item, number, units, range
  3. New Member
    MarkLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    193
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    23.02%

    You might also try looking here: http://finasteride.jconserv.net/

    Good luck!
    Mark
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    What tests I need??? I was tested for testosteron, tyroxin, prolactin, FSH, LH all were in normal range. Did you mean a complete blood test???
  5. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.97%

    in the mean time post everything you have on record, as jan said units, ranges, etc
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    What tests I need??? I was tested for testosteron, tyroxin, prolactin, FSH, LH all were in normal range.
    Did you mean a complete blood test???YES
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  7. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    Doctors have all my test results I have no one at home. Only one result I have home is (TST 18.3, PRL 5.9 FSH 2.8 LH 4.87) but there are no units ;( . I need to be tested again (full blood test and hormonal test). And I thank that you try to help me. And sorry for my bad english
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    Doctors have all my test results I have no one at home. Only one result I have home is (TST 18.3, PRL 5.9 FSH 2.8 LH 4.87) but there are no units ;( . I need to be tested again (full blood test and hormonal test). And I thank that you try to help me. And sorry for my bad english
    Go to doctor's office and ask fo clean copy of your blood tests. Take good chocolate with you, it may help when talking with nurses.

    Usin Proscar depresses DHT, make sure you are tested for DHT.
  9. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    Ok I'll go to my doctor. I need new test because nobody measured me DHT, SHBG or free testosteron. Are there any drugs or suplemments I should try? I was taking Jamieson Siberian and Korean ginseng and tribullus, yohimbin, and rhodiola.
  10. New Member
    MarkLA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    193
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    23.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    Ok I'll go to my doctor. I need new test because nobody measured me DHT, SHBG or free testosteron. Are there any drugs or suplemments I should try? I was taking Jamieson Siberian and Korean ginseng and tribullus, yohimbin, and rhodiola.
    I think the collective consensus is going to tell you to post all of your bloodwork with the ranges FIRST. Once your numbers are known, then someone may make a recommendation on how to fix them
  11. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    Hi. I'm 28 years old and I'm from Slovakia (It is in Europe). I'm sorry my English is not good but I'll try. I'm off finasterid for 6 years and I still have side effects. I used it oraly. When I stopped oral administration (1mg/day during one year) because of side effect (depression) I started with homemade alcoholic solution of finasterid and dutasterid. Daily topical dose contained 100mcg of finasterid and 30 mcg dutasterid (for hair this was more effective than oral administration of finasterid) but here occured my problem. Depression went away but my sexual life too. I was taking topical solution for 3 months and in this time my libido died totaly. Now I take nothing for 6 years. During 6 years no improve in my libido (I'm nearly asexual). I tried everything (Testosteron replacement, ginseng, siberian ginseng, rhodiola, leuzea, tribulus, multivitamins, mesterolon as a DHT replacement, piracetam for nerves regeneration, sport, walking) but no improve. I have extreme low libido, my erection is weak, I suffer premature ejaculation. I lost all my girlfriends and now I'm totally alone for 6 years. My hormonal profile (testosterone, prolactin, LH, FSH, thyroid hormone) is ok thus all sexologist said that I'm Ok but I'm not. I need girlfriend for my emotional life but Girls dont want me because of I hate sex. I wish to have family but I can't reach this . PLS Can somebody help me?

    You did not mention estrogen/estradiol (E). Elevated E can make block the effects of even high testosterone levels.

    We use different lab units here and this might be a problem. When you get copies of your lab work, post units and lab ranges as well.

    For estradiol (E2), it would look something like this here:

    Estrodiol 37 pg/ml (0-53)

    Always obtain and keep copies of your lab work!!!

    Drugs that reduce DHT are known to have severe effects in some cases and ongoing problems have been reported here. DHT is important!!! and not just a hair loss issue.

    With a range of E2 of 0-53 pg/ml, 17-20 is known to optimal for libido. For me, with TRT, my T was very high and my E2=37. I started arimidex/anastrozole at 1mg/week and E2 dropped to 22 and life improved greatly.

    Suggest TRT at 100mg/wk of testosterone cypionate or ethanate, 250iu HCG SQ/SC EOD and 1mg/wk (in divided doses) Arimidex/anastrozole. This would be a good start and adjustments can be made from there after lab work.

    Will you have a problem getting a doctor to try the above?

    Injections are not bad, you can inject the HCG and the T with small insulin syringes. More info on that if you need that... PM me any time.

    The HCG will help maintain your testicles or restore them. Many also report an improvement in mood with HCG.

    Your english is very good!
  12. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    I can't go to doctor now because I'm using testosteron (250mg/2weeks - testosteron mix 30mg-propionas, 60mg phenylpropionas,60mgisocaproas , 100mg decanoas) I also have american cypionate but testosteron mix- sustanon is a better choice. My using of testosteron would affect test results that is why I have to wait some time for balancing my hormonal levels. I asked my doctor to measure me estradiol and DHT but he said that it is irrelevant because high levels of DHT or Estradiols decrease total testosteron and that testosteron is determinant. Aridimex is not registered here in Slovakia even Black market. But I could try for example clomifene citrat (clomid) or tamoxifen. And yes you are right finasterid is great risk but at that time I was using it, his developer asserted it is very safe (6 percent side effects only and all reversible).
  13. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    I can't go to doctor now because I'm using testosteron (250mg/2weeks - testosteron mix 30mg-propionas, 60mg phenylpropionas,60mgisocaproas , 100mg decanoas) I also have american cypionate but testosteron mix- sustanon is a better choice. My using of testosteron would affect test results that is why I have to wait some time for balancing my hormonal levels. I asked my doctor to measure me estradiol and DHT but he said that it is irrelevant because high levels of DHT or Estradiols decrease total testosteron and that testosteron is determinant. Aridimex is not registered here in Slovakia even Black market. But I could try for example clomifene citrat (clomid) or tamoxifen. And yes you are right finasterid is great risk but at that time I was using it, his developer asserted it is very safe (6 percent side effects only and all reversible).
    #1. Please post everything that you are using, specially those that affect your hormones.

    #2. Without blood tests I cannot comment much on your Sustenon-250 use or Cypionate, other than your
    dose 250mg/2week looks reasoneble.
    Your dosing frequency is not good, change to E3D, every three days.
    250/14*3=53.57mg/E3D

    You should also use HCG, 250iu - 500iu on same days as T (E3D)
    Other people may argue about amount and schedule.
    Important is to use it, otherwise you testis will atrophy.

    #3. Because your main problem is prior finasteride use, your symptoms are wery likely due to low DHT. Testosterone injection have a small efect on DHT. Transdermal testosterone is raising DHT level, for that reason for most men it is forbiden to put Tcream or Tgel on scrotal area.
    When you find out your actual DHT level, you may have to switch to transdermal testosterone.
    Depending on your DHT level, if it is real low, you may have to apply it to your scrotal area for highest boost.
    Gell applied to larger area will increase DHT more.
    You may have to use Androgel.
    I used to use Androgel and it worked real well, raising my testosterone and DHT levels. (Well, I do not need DHT that much).

    #3 To have a chance at any success with all your curent and future hormonal manipulations, you have to have blood tests.The blood test list that I posted is best that I know of, so always go there for additional tests.
    Now, this is your minimum list
    --------------------
    Testosterone
    SHBG
    Estradiol, sensitive
    DHT
    Prolactin
    --------------------

    #4 you need to know your estradiol levels, if your Testoserone and DHT is in right place, wrong E2 levels will cause loss of erections. If you have E2 at the right level, many people still need Cialis to get erection. Use 2 pills weekly, if for no other reason then just to exercise your pines, it can go bad when lies long without erections.

    #5 do not use Clomid or Nolva. You can get over internet LiqiDex, it is liqid Arimidex, I like it better because of ease of dosing. I use 0.5cc/E3D on same days as my T&hcg shots.
  14. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    I can't go to doctor now because I'm using testosteron (250mg/2weeks - testosteron mix 30mg-propionas, 60mg phenylpropionas,60mgisocaproas , 100mg decanoas) I also have american cypionate but testosteron mix- sustanon is a better choice. My using of testosteron would affect test results that is why I have to wait some time for balancing my hormonal levels. I asked my doctor to measure me estradiol and DHT but he said that it is irrelevant because high levels of DHT or Estradiols decrease total testosteron and that testosteron is determinant. Aridimex is not registered here in Slovakia even Black market. But I could try for example clomifene citrat (clomid) or tamoxifen. And yes you are right finasterid is great risk but at that time I was using it, his developer asserted it is very safe (6 percent side effects only and all reversible).
    What does your doctor think/know that you are taking now?
  15. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    My doctor does not know that I'm using testosteron now. I was at 3 sexologists all of them said that my hormonal levels was ok and that I was healthy. One of them said that it is psychological problem. But no one of them told me what I can do with my low libido. That is why I'm trying to heal by myself. I don't trust doctors because any of them never helped me. I'm going to try 1.androgel or my own mixture of testosteron enantat and DHT enanthat 2. bromocriptine (therapeutical dose) ... 3. clomifen 50 mg/day after cycle. I realy don't know what other could help me. Any doctor can't describe me anything else for my libido.
  16. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    My doctor does not know that I'm using testosteron now. I was at 3 sexologists all of them said that my hormonal levels was ok and that I was healthy. One of them said that it is psychological problem. But no one of them told me what I can do with my low libido. That is why I'm trying to heal by myself. I don't trust doctors because any of them never helped me. I'm going to try 1.androgel or my own mixture of testosteron enantat and DHT enanthat 2. bromocriptine (therapeutical dose) ... 3. clomifen 50 mg/day after cycle. I realy don't know what other could help me. Any doctor can't describe me anything else for my libido.
    Understood.

    Please note that aromatase inhibitors (AI) reduced estrogen levels. SERMs like clomid lead to increased estrogen levels while blocking the action of estrogen selectively in some tissues such as breast and hypothalamus/pituitary. Clomid does have some side effects, nolvadex would be a better choice.

    While a SERM does have some benefits, note that the elevated E will have actions on other tissues.

    Using SERMs for TRT (forever) does not seem to be the best plan.

    Note that the amount of anastrozole that you would need would be 1.0 - 1.5 mg/wk while clomid at 350mg/wk can be expected to have some side effects driven by this larger amount of drug.

    SERM's are estrogen like chemicals and the can have estrogenic side effects... some guys get very emotional in a female sort of way.

    I think that you can doing a SERM, but be looking to obtain anastrozole for the long term. You can get these things, but it depends on how easily things come into your country by mail.
  17. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    And what about DHT or mesterolon? They both decrease aromatase level and increase level of 5 alfa reductase. I afraid to order aridimex from black market because a lot of things in black market are fakes.
  18. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    And what about DHT or mesterolon? They both decrease aromatase level and increase level of 5 alfa reductase. I afraid to order aridimex from black market because a lot of things in black market are fakes.
    There is Liquidex, many are using it.
    I use it, it is liquid Arimidex.
    It is easir to live with because doce can be measured accurately with insuline syringe.
    Sponsor of the other board is selling it. among other products.
    http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-...tml#post557972
  19. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    There is Liquidex, many are using it.
    I use it, it is liquid Arimidex.
    It is easir to live with because doce can be measured accurately with insuline syringe.
    Sponsor of the other board is selling it. among other products.
    http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-...tml#post557972
    It is an oral drug, one can measure the quantity accurately with a syringe. However, for products that come with a graduated dropper cap, one can find the number of drops per ml. Typically the solution is 1mg/ml. Dosing by the drop is easy and convenient.
  20. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    And what about DHT or mesterolon? They both decrease aromatase level and increase level of 5 alfa reductase. I afraid to order aridimex from black market because a lot of things in black market are fakes.
    The products that are sold to weight lifters are often good quality products. Weight lifters communicate with each other and market reputation is important to stay in business. Still need to make a good choice.

    DHT and mesterolon and such do not reduce aromatase. They have less or no ability to be automatized compared to testosterone and other aromatizing steroids. So there are less aromatization effects.

    Some of these reduce the effects of SHBG by saturating the SHBG, but SHBG is not reduced.
  21. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    Ok. I'm going to order aromataze inhibitor (1 mg per week it will be my dose). So all together testosteron mix 250mg/2 weeks and aromataze inhibitor 1mg per week. Are there other suggestions to improve my libido?
  22. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post

    #3. Because your main problem is prior finasteride use, your symptoms are wery likely due to low DHT. Testosterone injection have a small efect on DHT. Transdermal testosterone is raising DHT level, for that reason for most men it is forbiden to put Tcream or Tgel on scrotal area.
    When you find out your actual DHT level, you may have to switch to transdermal testosterone.
    Depending on your DHT level, if it is real low, you may have to apply it to your scrotal area for highest boost.
    Gell applied to larger area will increase DHT more.
    You may have to use Androgel.
    I used to use Androgel and it worked real well, raising my testosterone and DHT levels. (Well, I do not need DHT that much).


    Why are you so sure that the finasteride problems are from low DHT? Its well known that DHT levels return to pre finasteride levels, yet the side effects still persist. Yes, it could be a DHT problem in a small number of men, but this doesnt seem to be "the big issue" here.
  23. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    I'm really not sure about it. My theory is that one year's use of finasterid changed estrogen testosteron and DHT in my brain irreversibly because low DHT level decreases 5 alfa reductase and increases level od aromataze. After withdrawal of finasterid 5 alfa reductase level can't be correctly restore because of the excess of aromatase. Excess of aromatase equals excess of estrogenic compounds which decrease 5 alfa reductase level and promote level of aromatase (it is vicious circle). This all is the better case. The worst case is the increased level of estorgens and decreased level of DHT in the brain caused irreversible changes in brain cells (gynecomastia is irrevesible too) changing male brain cells to female brain cells in some part of the brain. In addition 5 alfa reductase transform not only testosterone to DHT but also progesteron and other steroid hormones hence the irreversible damage can be more complex. Finasterid and dutasterid also are really for some people dangerous drugs and decrease quality of life. For example When I was taking it I had really bad depression (suicide was really close).
  24. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.41%

    Wow Genisis, thats a pretty full on theory youve got there about the brain cells.....is that even possible?

    I know what you mean about the depression, but mine kicked in only after I stopped taking it. There is not a day that goes by since where suicide has not been a serious option. Like you said, qualitly of life is severly compromised. The stuff doesnt KILL you, it just really screws you up, which I think is worse.

    The thing with the finasteride problems are that even when guys have their hormones returned to normal and even finely tuned, some still dont recover...so what the hell is it?
  25. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    I have been studying pharmacology, medicine and genetics since my fourteen. There is only thing I can surely say. All doctors or medicine developers know really very very little about how the body work and how the drugs affect the body systems. Doctors these days are more dangerous as condition itself (actually not doctors but drugs they prescibe (for examle all antidepressant, antipsychotics, stanins, aromataze inhibitors etc.). One condition is treated a two are arising. For future only hope for treating of conditions is genetics. pharmacology is too dangerous.
  26. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    I have been studying pharmacology, medicine and genetics since my fourteen. There is only thing I can surely say. All doctors or medicine developers know really very very little about how the body work and how the drugs affect the body systems. Doctors these days are more dangerous as condition itself (actually not doctors but drugs they prescibe (for examle all antidepressant, antipsychotics, stanins, aromataze inhibitors etc.). One condition is treated a two are arising. For future only hope for treating of conditions is genetics. pharmacology is too dangerous.
    I couldnt agree with you more. I hope your a stayer around here, cause it sounds like you know your stuff....
  27. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    It is actually irrelevant if I have truth or not because my truth doesn't help to anybody. I was studing because I wanted to help all people to be happy and healthy I was really optimist. But informations I have colected within 14 years are not optimistic. I really know a lot about genetics, pharmacology and medicine but I'm not able to help myself. That is why I'm here and trying to collect another informations.
  28. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    jaydee sorry due to my bad english I have not quite understood what you have written. Have you written that after withdrawal of finasterid your depression has emerged???
  29. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.41%

    Yes Genisis...it was when I STOPPED the drug that I all the issues start. I had all the sides while on the drug, but on a much smaller scale. I would describe what happened when I dropped the drug as a "crash". Everything seemed to stop working.....and the depression started then.
  30. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    Ok. I'm going to order aromataze inhibitor (1 mg per week it will be my dose). So all together testosteron mix 250mg/2 weeks and aromataze inhibitor 1mg per week. Are there other suggestions to improve my libido?
    You are not listening.
    Take your 250mg/2week dose=125mg/week
    and do it preferably E3D
    but
    once/week may work.

    Libido depends more on E than T.
    ============================== ==============
    http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/522135-post3.html
    The hormones that can influence libido directly or indirectly include:
    1 Testosterone
    2 Dihydrotestosterone
    3 Estradiol and other estrogens
    4 Progesterone
    5 DHEA
    6 Cortisol
    7 Aldosterone
    8 Pregnenolone
    9 Thyroid Hormones
    10 Insulin
    11 Glucagon
    12 IGF-1
    13 Growth Hormone
    14 Melatonin
    15 Vasopressin
    16 Calcitonin
    17 TSH
    18 LH
    19 FSH
    20 GHRH
    21 Prolactin
    22 CRH
    23 ACTH
    24 TRH
    25 Epinephrine
    26 Norepinephrine
    27 Dopamine
    28 Serotonin
    29 Oxytocin
    30 Endorphins
    31 Somatostatin
    32 Renin
    33 EPO
    34 Angiotensins
    etc.etc. (practically every hormone)
    Of course, some have greater influence than others.
    But all are involved in a tight mesh of function.
    Abnormalities in one can permeate the entire system,
    causing problems with the others.
  31. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Why are you so sure that the finasteride problems are from low DHT? Its well known that DHT levels return to pre finasteride levels, yet the side effects still persist. Yes, it could be a DHT problem in a small number of men, but this doesnt seem to be "the big issue" here.
    By obseration, I am not doctor or scientist.

    When someone complains about finasteride
    first question should be
    what is your DHT level

    from here on usually I see hand waving and no reported DHT levels.

    Suposedly finasteride affects 2-5% men using it.

    I am guessing that out of that pool of people, 1% is affected by other than low DHT levels.

    So it is mater of proportions.

    That does not help the couple dozens of men that have high DHT and after finasteride problems, but they are definite minority within minority.
  32. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Wow Genisis, thats a pretty full on theory youve got there about the brain cells.....is that even possible?

    I know what you mean about the depression, but mine kicked in only after I stopped taking it. There is not a day that goes by since where suicide has not been a serious option. Like you said, qualitly of life is severly compromised. The stuff doesnt KILL you, it just really screws you up, which I think is worse.

    The thing with the finasteride problems are that even when guys have their hormones returned to normal and even finely tuned, some still dont recover...so what the hell is it?
    What were your
    T, E2 and DHT levels
    at the time when you were suicidal?
    How long have you been on those levels before you got so much depressed?
  33. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    jaydee ... did you try Testosteron replacement therapy???




    JanSz thank ... this is very nice list of hormones and neurohormones ). And I'm listening but I have written it wrong. What do you think about testocaps (testosteron undecanoate - lower aromatization and greater DHT production as injectable testosteron esters). Wouldn't it be to prefer testocaps to injectable esters?
  34. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.41%

    T was about 550, E was around 28 and DHT blood test showed absoulute bottom of range.....2 ref (2 - 20)....or somthing like that....cant remember and i was never given the units for that one either. The depression was instant..I felt like id been hit by a truck after the finasteride....couldnt do anything and was "down in a hole". Im not as bad now, but the suicide thing props up all the time, because there a lot of the time no answers for the finasteride stuff - not much hope.

    Genisis - Yes i am on TRT now and so far...no cigar - its not working.
  35. New Member
    GenesisSVK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    102
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    92.46%

    JanSz. First side effects of finasterid affect in fact more than 2-5 percent people. In practice it is 6-19 percent and even more. Merc is really a big liar or they really did not know about it but this is not matter. Side effects are not problem but irreversible side effects are. Depresion and decreased stress management which cause finasterid is due to decreased androgenic and progesteronic and increased estrogenic stimulation in certain parts of the brain (it is as premenstrual syndrome) and usually wear off after cessation of finasterid but not if hypogonadism occured. No one have ever measured me DHT or estrogen level here in Slovakia (only prolactine, testosteron, FSH, LH, thyroxin). I really need a new hormonal test but I'm going to Austria for it.
  36. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.41%

    Genisis I agree. I dont buy the BS that Merck is claiming about finasteride. Its about money....

    We'd love to have you over at the propeciahelp forum. We throw ideas around, try to help each other out...your welcome to join. We have some very knowledgable people there already, so its good to drop in every now and then.

    http://www.propeciahelp.com/
  37. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    jaydee & Genisis

    You see we are dealing with low DHT at least in jaydee's case.
    (this is my theory for 98% cases, finasteride problem=low DHT)
    it implies = raise DHT, problems should go away

    I know of two ways that DHT can be risen

    Using transdermal testosterone
    also applying it to genital area increases it even more.

    Using DHT cream
    ============================== ======

    I do not need the extra DHT, bu I had a great "succes" in raising it while on Androgel (1%), DHT=229.
    Must say it was lesser "success" while on 10% Tcream, DHT=143
  38. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2416
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    JanSz. First side effects of finasterid affect in fact more than 2-5 percent people. In practice it is 6-19 percent and even more. Merc is really a big liar or they really did not know about it but this is not matter. Side effects are not problem but irreversible side effects are. Depresion and decreased stress management which cause finasterid is due to decreased androgenic and progesteronic and increased estrogenic stimulation in certain parts of the brain (it is as premenstrual syndrome) and usually wear off after cessation of finasterid but not if hypogonadism occured. No one have ever measured me DHT or estrogen level here in Slovakia (only prolactine, testosteron, FSH, LH, thyroxin). I really need a new hormonal test but I'm going to Austria for it.
    Measure your DHT levels.
    If low, raise it to top of range.

    Report if you still have problems.
  39. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    289
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisSVK View Post
    Ok. I'm going to order aromataze inhibitor (1 mg per week it will be my dose). So all together testosteron mix 250mg/2 weeks and aromataze inhibitor 1mg per week. Are there other suggestions to improve my libido?
    We have seen that guys injecting test every two weeks have disastrous results. The large amount injected causes a very high spike of T that promotes higher amounts of E and the higher amounts of E lead to more SHBG that lowers the free testosterone (FT). In the days before the next injection your TT and FT levels are low, E is still hanging around and you can feel very bad.

    For many, injecting once a week is bad too.

    I found that injecting weekly that my down days before the next injection increased until I did not feel anything from my injection. Libido was a mess and energy dropped etc. I started to inject T every other/second day (EOD/E2D). This helped a lot, but it was the addition of anastrozole that really made things right for me.

    T can be injected with insulin needles into the quadriceps, much nicer than big long needles in the gluts.
  40. New Member
    jaydee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    315
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    94.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    jaydee & Genisis

    You see we are dealing with low DHT at least in jaydee's case.
    (this is my theory for 98% cases, finasteride problem=low DHT)
    it implies = raise DHT, problems should go away

    I know of two ways that DHT can be risen

    Using transdermal testosterone
    also applying it to genital area increases it even more.

    Using DHT cream
    ============================== ======

    I do not need the extra DHT, bu I had a great "succes" in raising it while on Androgel (1%), DHT=229.
    Must say it was lesser "success" while on 10% Tcream, DHT=143
    Jansz, Im not TRYING to disagree with you here, but ive tried putting T cream on my nuts at my docs request to no avail. Previouse to that, while on Tcream applying it normally, my DHT rose to mid range which is still not high enough, but it brought no improvement whatsoever either.

    At the end of the day though, we also need to check the DHT via urine.

    I hope your right though, and that maybe DHT cream is somthing that might work if I add it in to what im doing already.....god i hope so!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 02:42 PM
  2. side effects of low estrogen?
    By pete073 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
  3. Side Effects of Low Estrogen?
    By Anarchy939 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 02:05 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 04:19 AM
  5. side effects of T-1
    By HighBall in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in