Did I sabotage my Blood Test?

  1. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    374
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.64%

    Did I sabotage my Blood Test?


    I am about to go to get my labs drawn.

    I stopped taking adderall xr last week because I heard it can screw up corticosteroid levels, think one week is enough?

    Also, had relations with the wife last night; can that affect testosterone or any other labs today?

    Should I wait?

  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I am about to go to get my labs drawn.

    I stopped taking adderall xr last week because I heard it can screw up corticosteroid levels, think one week is enough?

    Also, had relations with the wife last night; can that affect testosterone or any other labs today?

    Should I wait?
    Are you taking testosterone?
    List all medications that you take.
  3. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    374
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.64%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Are you taking testosterone?
    List all medications that you take.

    All I take is Zocor 20 mg and Celexa (20 mg). I did not take the Celexa last night and I haven't taken adderall in 7 days.

    I am not taking any testosterone.

    I am also worried that sex with the wife last night could raise test today.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    BigAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    247
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    57.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    I am also worried that sex with the wife last night could raise test today.
    Why are you worried about the rise of your testosterone??? That's a good thing....
  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    All I take is Zocor 20 mg and Celexa (20 mg). I did not take the Celexa last night and I haven't taken adderall in 7 days.

    I am not taking any testosterone.

    I am also worried that sex with the wife last night could raise test today.
    Wait three days with blood draw.
    Otherwise your
    PSA and test readings may be false.
  6. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    374
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    32.64%

    Big Ak-

    Because I am having the lab values checked today as an indicator for treatment. I don't want them to be artificially high.

    JanSz-

    Too late now, I had left for the lab before I got your post. I'll just have to wait and see. I also forgot to mention that I'm on augmentin, an antibiotic.
  7. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    Big Ak-

    Because I am having the lab values checked today as an indicator for treatment. I don't want them to be artificially high.

    JanSz-

    Too late now, I had left for the lab before I got your post. I'll just have to wait and see. I also forgot to mention that I'm on augmentin, an antibiotic.
    augmentin, an antibiotic

    so you are sick.

    that probably more than anything else will affect your hormones.

    I think it is better to test hormones when you are in your usual good condition. Not when you are under stress of temporary illness.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My Blood Test Results
    By beefjerky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 08:31 PM
  2. My blood test results at 19
    By eliteballa3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 09:53 PM
  3. My blood tests scared me!
    By calibrated in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 10:39 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in