Does Ambien have an adverse affect on HPTA & Hormones?

BigAk

Awards
  • Established
... given that one is "Natural" and not on any meds???

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it does then the next question would be "Does it have more of an adverse effect than what you're already getting from lack of sleep and increased stress levels?"

ignas762

Awards
I've been taking Ambien occasionally for the past 3 weeks following a knee replacement surgery. The Doctor said it is very common to have sleep issues after a knee replacement and sent me home with a script. I have to say I use it 2-3 times a week with no problems. I wake up refreshed and so far no weird side effects.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
... given that one is "Natural" and not on any meds???
Regular use will blunt the gabba system, cause rebound therein, and can affect cognition. Additionally, it can disturb sleep architecture for some, reducing delta sleep, which will reduce nocturnal GH pulse, irrespective of IGF-1 levels. Any effect on HPTA would be ancilliary as a consequence of affecting neurohormones.

Same thing as phenibut overuse.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
if you're using it a few times a week, and will discontinue after you're all healed up... wouldn't worry too much about it. Ask your doctor the question you posted on here.. he'll look at you like he's never heard of Testosterone. I had the same issue with my doc when I was prescribed SSRI's many years ago.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried other alternatives? I take GHenerate from LG, PM REDuction shots from controlled labs and EndoAmp from primordial about 30 minutes before bed and I never have a hard time falling asleep. Then again, I don't specifically have any sleep problems, probably just sleep apnea from an 18" neck lol...

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Woke up one morning on the couch and asked my girlfriend what I was doing out there. She said she found me waxing the kitchen floor at 2am and drinking a beer. I had no recollection of the entire event. She said she is going to give me an Ambien every two months or whenever the floor needs attention........................ stay clear of Ambien.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Woke up one morning on the couch and asked my girlfriend what I was doing out there. She said she found me waxing the kitchen floor at 2am and drinking a beer. I had no recollection of the entire event. She said she is going to give me an Ambien every two months or whenever the floor needs attention........................ stay clear of Ambien.
LOL, wanna come over for the week? I will give you as much Ambien as you can eat. But, no waxing me, LOL! I gotta hot mama for that.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A hot bath or shower at night and then dousing your body in magnesium oil works wonders for sleep and relaxation (among other things). I don't use sleep drugs anymore. I swear by the mag oil.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A hot bath or shower at night and then dousing your body in magnesium oil works wonders for sleep and relaxation (among other things). I don't use sleep drugs anymore. I swear by the mag oil.
Now you just need to lube up at 10 pm, rather than 2 am, GP, lol.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol... I wish I could sleep earlier, but I be taking care o business!! Lots of work to do these next few weeks for me.

I've actually gone and got a referal to a sleep clinic today, just had my yearly physical done and asked for one, finally.