Dr. John- Adrenal Fatigue and Working out??

C

Champ50

Awards
Hey Dr. John I have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and consequently have been out of the gym since March 18th 2007. I have been told that getting in the gym and doing some VERY light work can be beneficial to recovery.

1. Is it good for recovery to get in the gym doing light work and get the blood moving?

2. I've been told that my temperature will drop after a workout, is there an acceptable drop in degrees that I should aim to stay above??? i.e. 98.6 down to no less that 98.2

3. Are there any other guidelines you would include to ensure that the gym time is beneficial to recovery if in fact you would recommend it in the first place??

Hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries here, any and all advice would be welcomed and appreciated.

R

rick055

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is adrenal fatigue and how do you know you have it?

C

Champ50

Awards
Adrenal Fatigue is exhaustion characterized by lack of cortisol. As far as knowing you have it or having it diagnosed it would rely on blood tests and although Dr. John does not agree with their use saliva tests are also often used as a means to measure cortisol and dhea level. DISCLAIMER ** I AM NOT SAYING DR. JOHN IS RIGHT OR WRONG IN HIS ASSESSMENT OF SALIVA TESTS RATHER SIMPLY MENTIONING COMMON PROTOCOL AS I UNDERSTAND IT USED BY OTHER DOCTORS**

ALSO BUMP FOR DR. JOHN

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Where is Dr. John is he still here.