Winstrol (Stanozolol) to treat high Progesterone - AnabolicMinds.com

Winstrol (Stanozolol) to treat high Progesterone

  1. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Winstrol (Stanozolol) to treat high Progesterone


    I didnt even know that Stanozolol (Winny) was a prescription medicine, but anyways I see that it can bind to the progesterone receptor much like clomid or nolva would w estrogen receptors.

    Has anyone heard of it use as this?

  2. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Now there is evidence that Winny does indeed bind to the progesterone receptor(1) and its users do not indicate the normal characteristics of progesterone stimulation, which bodes well for these anti-progestagenic properties. There is also some clinical data that it does aid in symptoms that require progesterone suppression(2)

    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catwinstrol.htm

    (1) Ellis AJ, Cawston TE, Mackie EJ., The differential effects of stanozolol on human skin and synovial fibroblasts in vitro: DNA synthesis and receptor binding., Agents Actions 1994 Mar;41(1-2):37-43

    (2) Brestel EP, Thrush LB., The treatment of glucocorticosteroid-dependent chronic urticaria with stanozolol., J Allergy Clin Immunol 1988 Aug;82(2):265-9


    The use of Winstrol is also an effective method of controlling progesterone-induced gyno, as it is anti-progestagenic. An effective dose appears to be in the vicinity of 50mg eod (depot) or 30 to 35mg/day (tabs) although this dose may require increasing depending on the doses being employed in the stack.

    http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/oestrogen-progesterone.aspx
  3. New Member
    T800's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    166

    Reputation

    I know it is prescribed for anemia and I have never heard it used in TRT. I know that it can wreak havoc on the lipid profile and that's probably a reason why it isn't used.

    Sonny
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    MMAFIGHTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    93

    Reputation

    Stanazolol is an illigal anabolic steroid. We adhere to discussions strictly pertaining to the legal application of male anti-aging medicine and testosterone replacement in this forum. Your question belongs in a different forum.
  5. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAFIGHTER View Post
    Stanazolol is an illigal anabolic steroid. We adhere to discussions strictly pertaining to the legal application of male anti-aging medicine and testosterone replacement in this forum. Your question belongs in a different forum.
    I'm pretty sure it is legal under prescription...

    http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/stanozolol.htm
  6. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by T800 View Post
    I know that it can wreak havoc on the lipid profile and that's probably a reason why it isn't used.

    Sonny
    It comes as injection as well, but you'd have to inject it about everyday.

    the pills are liver toxic, but less so than most methyl's, taking liver protectants (milk thistle, nac, ect) you can easily go AT LEAST 8 weeks without messing w the lipid profile.
  7. New Member
    fit4life05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    167

    Reputation

    Increasing DHT seems to lower progesterone
  8. Oldtimer
    bigschmidt821's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Power
    684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAFIGHTER View Post
    Stanazolol is an illigal anabolic steroid. We adhere to discussions strictly pertaining to the legal application of male anti-aging medicine and testosterone replacement in this forum. Your question belongs in a different forum.
    winnie is legal with perscription i know atleast 6 people witha perscription for it, he isnt breaking any rules he is refering to it in a legal way
  9. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1056

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fit4life05 View Post
    Increasing DHT seems to lower progesterone
    This is why I wish the Dr's in the states had some sort of DHT replacement. I think there is a topical DHT that is used for gyno, but I am not sure.
  10. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1056

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigschmidt821 View Post
    winnie is legal with perscription i know atleast 6 people witha perscription for it, he isnt breaking any rules he is refering to it in a legal way
    Were they given the RX for use during TRT?
  11. Oldtimer
    bigschmidt821's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Power
    684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    Were they given the RX for use during TRT?
    from my understanding yes, one of them worked under me.
  12. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1056

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigschmidt821 View Post
    from my understanding yes, one of them worked under me.
    Thats crazy! I couldn't imagine my Dr. giving me an Rx for Winnie (Not that I would complain of course)! I am sure though that this would have long term consequences such as messed up lipids.
  13. Oldtimer
    bigschmidt821's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Power
    684

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    Thats crazy! I couldn't imagine my Dr. giving me an Rx for Winnie (Not that I would complain of course)! I am sure though that this would have long term consequences such as messed up lipids.
    i am sure there would be.
  14. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1056

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bigschmidt821 View Post
    i am sure there would be.
    I can't even get my Dr. to give me HCG with my TRT.
  15. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    294

    Reputation

    I really dont think Winstrol would "wreck" the lipid profile as long as you kept the "cycle" short and took proper liver precautions...
  16. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    This is why I wish the Dr's in the states had some sort of DHT replacement. .
    We do. Its called compounded testosterone.

    Apply a little extra to your balls and watch that DHT skyrocket.

    And yes, there is no safer and better way to combat progesterone than with a little extra DHT.

    On another note, sky high progesterone is a big reason why so many had issues on propecia. No DHT = Sky high progesterone.
  17. Advanced Member
    rick055's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    371

    Reputation

    plymouth,

    is there any way to use propecia where it won't mess you up? I have heard that there can be deleterious effects from the drug (that may even be unerreported?) because it lowers DHT. But if you're on TRT and your DHT increases, couldn't it be useful then if you're worried about hairloss while underoing TRT?
  18. New Member
    fit4life05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    167

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    We do. Its called compounded testosterone.

    Apply a little extra to your balls and watch that DHT skyrocket.

    And yes, there is no safer and better way to combat progesterone than with a little extra DHT.

    On another note, sky high progesterone is a big reason why so many had issues on propecia. No DHT = Sky high progesterone.
    The thing about compounded T cream/gel is that it also can covert to E2. Does applying it to the balls make a difference on weather it convert to E2 or DHT?

    Also there isnt any type of DHT treatment in America? No DHT creams or anything of the like?
  19. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rick055 View Post
    plymouth,

    is there any way to use propecia where it won't mess you up? I have heard that there can be deleterious effects from the drug (that may even be unerreported?) because it lowers DHT. But if you're on TRT and your DHT increases, couldn't it be useful then if you're worried about hairloss while underoing TRT?
    Propecia problems stem from DHT bottoming out.

    Doctors past, present and probably in the future still aren't intelligent enough to figure this out.

    All one needs to do is to safely monitor DHT levels via BW.

    Those on HRT have this benefit.

    Let us not forget all the other benefits of propecia - it acts on the 5 alpha enzyme

    Not only does it prevent balding, it can protect the prostate as well, and probably treat urinary symptoms.

    I see no reason why it can't be safely used if one is closely monitoring hormone levels, DHT in particular.
  20. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by fit4life05 View Post
    The thing about compounded T cream/gel is that it also can covert to E2. Does applying it to the balls make a difference on weather it convert to E2 or DHT?

    Also there isnt any type of DHT treatment in America? No DHT creams or anything of the like?
    This is no difference in one using shots or a transdermal.

    The effects of shots vs transdermal are minimal.

    One needs to take steps anyways to combat excess estrogen.
  21. New Member
    fit4life05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    167

    Reputation

    Has Dr John been on the board lately? I wanna see what he has to say about this...
  22. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    This is no difference in one using shots or a transdermal.
    The effects of shots vs transdermal are minimal.

    One needs to take steps anyways to combat excess estrogen.
    I thought that:

    #1. Transdermals promote raise of DHT leaving E2 practically unchanged

    #2. Shots promote E2, leaving DHT practically unchanged
    ============================== =================

    I have been for years on transdermals, not using AI but with sky high DHT
    June 19/2007 I changed to shots
    Today I draw blood, should have results in week or two.
    Base on above understanding, when switching to shots I added 0.5cc liquidex/E3D
    so far I feel like it was good decission.
  23. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    240

    Reputation

    Well DHT is going to lower E2 either way, so even if it did raise it, it would lower it at the same time... If that makes sense. I wouldn't worry about E2 w/ DHT, it will go too low if anything.
  24. New Member
    rightship3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I thought that:

    #1. Transdermals promote raise of DHT leaving E2 practically unchanged

    #2. Shots promote E2, leaving DHT practically unchanged

    That is exactly what I have observed. My E2 doubled on shots (before arimidex), and DHT remained unchanged. During the same period test went up 50%.
  25. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1056

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    This is no difference in one using shots or a transdermal.

    The effects of shots vs transdermal are minimal.

    One needs to take steps anyways to combat excess estrogen.
    Have you ever used either?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Doctor injects DNP to treat cancer & other diseases...
    By massmonster in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 04:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 12:42 PM
  4. Antibody to Treat Paralysis
    By Nullifidian in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 12:41 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in