MCT Oil Good or Bad

Champ50

Awards
Hey guys, I'm in the process of trying to get myself back to normal like the rest of you and a friend of mine recommended MCT Oil as a good source of fat in my diet. I don't know much about it so I'm here asking for advice and opinions to make sure it won't be detrimental to getting my health and hormone balance back. Thanks

truestrength

Awards
Just cook with organic extra virgin coconut oil and add it to things like protein shakes.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
X2 (and reps bump from 10 to 148) for Coconut oil as it has medium chain triglycerides (MCT). It is 100 percent saturated and that scares some people, but according to the books I have read, it is saturated but it is MCT, so there are fewer calories (6.8/gram) and it does not go into the blood stream. It supposedly take more energy to digest than is offers. Go to vitamin cottage and get 2 or 3 jars. Use it for omelets, etc.

Some claim a conspriacy by the Soy lobby regarding coconut oil and Palm KERNEL oil, (not palm oil).

Both the political left and right are getting into coconut oil.

Champ50

Awards
Thanks guys I appreciate it, just didn't want to start using it like flax seed oil then find out that I shouldn't be using it.