Rheinlabs instructions

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Hey, for all those who have done urine testing with rheinlabs, I was wondering how important the no-vitamins etc. rule was, and also whether your doctor or doctor john had recommended continuing to take your daily dhea or stopping?

On the instructions, it says to stop taking ALL vitamins....especially B vitamins for 24 hours prior. I was planning on starting my testing tomorrow. Also, what about a general multivitamin or vitamin C and d. These are things I take A lot of daily, and i would have thought you should just keep doing what youve been doing (dr. john's general instructions) but not sure now. And the doc is out for the week.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey, for all those who have done urine testing with rheinlabs, I was wondering how important the no-vitamins etc. rule was, and also whether your doctor or doctor john had recommended continuing to take your daily dhea or stopping?

On the instructions, it says to stop taking ALL vitamins....especially B vitamins for 24 hours prior. I was planning on starting my testing tomorrow. Also, what about a general multivitamin or vitamin C and d. These are things I take A lot of daily, and i would have thought you should just keep doing what youve been doing (dr. john's general instructions) but not sure now. And the doc is out for the week.
Doctor is on vacation.
I would keep exactly the standard routine that you are on.
If you have something on weekly routine, such as weekly T shots, clarify how to go about it. If not possible get your 24 hours in middle of that cycle.
Weekly T shots-- get you 24hr urine in day 3 or 4
E3D routine, get it on a day 2.

This is just my best guess, I do not have any real info.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I was instructed to take my DIM. I did not take vitamins per the instructions. Doc should not be out until Wed, if fact I am on hold with Kim as we speak.

griffinannie

Awards
I was instructed:
1. No HCG the week of the test.
2. No B vitamins for at least 24 hours
3. No DHEA for at least 24 hours.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Doctor is on vacation.
I would keep exactly the standard routine that you are on.
If you have something on weekly routine, such as weekly T shots, clarify how to go about it. If not possible get your 24 hours in middle of that cycle.
Weekly T shots-- get you 24hr urine in day 3 or 4
E3D routine, get it on a day 2.

This is just my best guess, I do not have any real info.
It's pretty clear - Dr. John's instructions say to avoid all vitamins, but espectially B vitamins, for the 24 hours prior to collection and during collection. Do not take DHEA the day before and the day of the collection. Do not use HCG the week of collection unless Dr. John tells you to.

Continue using DIM/I3C/TMG. Except as indicated above, continue use of all other presciption medicications.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty clear - Dr. John's instructions say to avoid all vitamins, but espectially B vitamins, for the 24 hours prior to collection and during collection. Do not take DHEA the day before and the day of the collection. Do not use HCG the week of collection unless Dr. John tells you to.

Continue using DIM/I3C/TMG. Except as indicated above, continue use of all other presciption medicications.
Lucky for me, I put in disclaimer: "This is just my best guess, I do not have any real info."

Would you venture a guess on how dr John arrived at his directions?

Do you know RheinLabs directions?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Lucky for me, I put in disclaimer: "This is just my best guess, I do not have any real info."

Would you venture a guess on how dr John arrived at his directions?

Do you know RheinLabs directions?
Essentially the same, except they defer to practitioner's special instructions. As near as I can tell, Dr. John's special instructions relate to DHEA, hCG, DIM/I3C/TMG and prescription medications.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

I don't know if Dr. John is your doc or not, but if he is, you should know that he expects compliance. Mainstream docs sort of assume that people will ignore their instructions a large part of the time. Dr. John is different in that he is counting on your compliance.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Essentially the same, except they defer to practitioner's special instructions. As near as I can tell, Dr. John's special instructions relate to DHEA, hCG, DIM/I3C/TMG and prescription medications.
what he said

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Also talk to Dr J about what day he wants you to take the lab. I just had my virtual today and we discussed my Rhein results. I know he does not like people talking about individual protocols, etc but I caution to confirm with your doctor the day you will perform the test versus when your injection is.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if Dr. John is your doc or not, but if he is, you should know that he expects compliance. Mainstream docs sort of assume that people will ignore their instructions a large part of the time. Dr. John is different in that he is counting on your compliance.
Dr. John is my doc, and thats why I asked. I thought he was already out of the office....I didnt know it was not until wednesday.

I do follow his directions to a T.

Also, I am not on any test injects or androgel but only HCG daily. I assume (and from rheinlabs and my last talk with the doc) that I am NOT to stop my HCG....as its my only treatment and is daily. I am also not getting bloodwork at this time only rheinlabs...thus why the protocol might be a bit different.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Dr. John is my doc, and thats why I asked. I thought he was already out of the office....I didnt know it was not until wednesday.

I do follow his directions to a T.

Also, I am not on any test injects or androgel but only HCG daily. I assume (and from rheinlabs and my last talk with the doc) that I am NOT to stop my HCG....as its my only treatment and is daily. I am also not getting bloodwork at this time only rheinlabs...thus why the protocol might be a bit different.
Would it not be simpler to get e-mail with detailed directions.
Most likely standard edition at any doctor's office.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Would it not be simpler to get e-mail with detailed directions.
Most likely standard edition at any doctor's office.
Standard at Dr J's too. I got an email from them with the instructions. In fact I am looking at it right here.

Here is a teaser....
Instructions for Providing a 24-Hour Urine Specimen for Rhein Consulting Labs:
PLEASE DISREGARD THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME WITH THE URINARY KIT FROM RHEIN. USE OURS INSTEAD.

If you are a patient of Dr J's and can prove it, pm me and I will email. Proof could be an accurate description of Kim, man cave etc

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Standard at Dr J's too. I got an email from them with the instructions. In fact I am looking at it right here.

Here is a teaser....
Instructions for Providing a 24-Hour Urine Specimen for Rhein Consulting Labs:
PLEASE DISREGARD THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT COME WITH THE URINARY KIT FROM RHEIN. USE OURS INSTEAD.

If you are a patient of Dr J's and can prove it, pm me and I will email. Proof could be an accurate description of Kim, man cave etc
I am not dr John's patient, but I wonder why there is so many questions when the dr desired directions are written.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I am not dr John's patient, but I wonder why there is so many questions when the dr desired directions are written.
The first time through, the instructions take careful reading because there is quite a bit to keep in mind. And then all of the stuff you have to do with the specimen before you ship it off to Rhein is confusing. It would be an irritation to mess the thing up and have to start over.

I work from home, so it isn't bad. If you're a cube dweller or a construction worker I guess you would just have to wait until the weekend to do the collection.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I did the weekend thing but based on new information, that was not the best FOR ME based on the date of my shot. If some call vitamins expensive urine, I would hate for them to price mine out. I think the lab director thought I was cycling after reviewing my results. See my other post titled "guess the lab result" for more details. Again, talk to your doctor, not me. Everyone is different and my body does not work the same way as yours, lucky for you.:)