androgel and testicles

guyfromkop2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so i'm on adrogel and on the box it says DO NOT APPLY TO TESTICLES. why does it say that? and what would happen if you do?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
so i'm on adrogel and on the box it says DO NOT APPLY TO TESTICLES. why does it say that? and what would happen if you do?
Using transdermal way of supplementing testosterone causes high increase of DHT.
Scrotal are is specially sensitive.
There is very smal %% of men with very low DHT and they would benetfit, most men do not need that much of DHT.
There is argument going on that high DHT will not hurt, I do not buy that argument.
There is no way to reduce high DHT other than using Proscar or Avodart. Small %% of men get wery bad sides doing that. There is no way to predict before hand if you fit in that group.
=======================================
Using any testosterone supplementation should come with HCG shots, otherwise native production is shot down and testicles will shrink.

Some people do not have a choice, as they are lucky finding doctor that give them script fo Androgel and nothing else.
I was one of them.
I was using Proscar and Avodart, I am lucky, when stopped my DHT went again sky high.

I am on Depo-T and HCG shots now.
I also use LiquiDex for E2 control.

I aim at getting most of my hormones at just right level, not too much not too low.

You can see my blood test and current list for blood test here
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13.html

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is no way to reduce high DHT other than using Proscar or Avodart. ]
Not so fast.

The newer way to implement HRT programs is to add supplemental pregnenolone cream.

Pregnenolone will reduce DHT as well, and increase T and other androgenic hormones as well.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Not so fast.

The newer way to implement HRT programs is to add supplemental pregnenolone cream.

Pregnenolone will reduce DHT as well, and increase T and other androgenic hormones as well.
When I was on 10grams of Androgel, I was not using Pregnenolone, my
TT=932
DHT 226(30-85)

are you saying that using pregnenolone cream could have lowered my DHT significantly, possibly to below 85?

farmerjohn

Awards
The enzyme 5-alpha- reductase is very high in the skin of the penis and scrotum and this will convert much of the T into DHT. This can be a plus actually because DHT can not be converted by aromatase into estrogen however DHT can also cause prostate problems if too high.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
The enzyme 5-alpha- reductase is very high in the skin of the penis and scrotum and this will convert much of the T into DHT. This can be a plus actually because DHT can not be converted by aromatase into estrogen however DHT can also cause prostate problems if too high.
Define high.
While on 10grams of Androgel, applied far away from scrotal areas but over large part of my body (this is very thin gel),
my
DHT 226(30-85)

226/85=2.7x over top range

=============================================
I am now on T shots, cant wait to see my DHT.
Currently and for very long time I do not use Avodart,
but I would consider it if I could figure out proper dose that would keep my DHT~85.

so far my combo subQ E3D(T+hcg+Liquidex)+pregnenolone cream works
best of all my previus combinations.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I was on 10grams of Androgel, I was not using Pregnenolone, my
TT=932
DHT 226(30-85)

are you saying that using pregnenolone cream could have lowered my DHT significantly, possibly to below 85?
Yes absolutely, your DHT would have been lowered.

I understand dilema about grandson, but you had great success applying to calves.

I personally would have never switched away from androgel if it worked that good.

Many TRT Dr's now implement Preg cream to help control DHT.

As preg enters bloodstream via cream, it is converted to various hormones, one in particular is progesterone.

Progesterone is well known to prevent T conversion to DHT.

Preg cream with possible low dose proscar would have definitely kept DHT in check. Added side bonus(big one!) is that proscar acts as a 5 alpha inhibitor in prostate gland - decreases prostate size, improves urine flow/etc.

It is possible preg cream alone would have been enough. Might want to do both and adjust according to BW.

Remember most with side effects from proscar was because of already so so DHT level being driven into ground. You have the luxury that they did not have by having BW on hand to watch numbers. It is possible Preg would have done job solo.

I am now starting to fully grasp of how/why Dr John implements things the way he does. Transdermal first is a very wise move. Much superior to injects. I like the way he backloads DHEA/Preg. Did not understand such things as little as a few months ago. Making more sense in every way the more I learn. Very ingenious.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ABSOLUTELY.

Many do not understand the 5 alpha mechanism upon skin. FT conversion to DHT. This 5 alpha abundance on skin is the mystery behind acne that many do not grasp or understand.

Remember the same 5 alpha mechanism is responsible for FT to DHT conversion within prostate. We cannot blame DHT alone for prostate issues, these processes involve various mechansims and enzymes and are affected by not only age, but what I personally believe is bad estrogen metabolites like 16 hydroxy and others.

TiredOldFart

Awards

It will burn so bad that you'll not do it again. Don't ask how I know. :toofunny:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

It will burn so bad that you'll not do it again. Don't ask how I know. :toofunny:
I would not exagerate the buring feelings,
second time and latter on, after initial shock wores out, it is no newer mind situation (I know).

There are some people who have very low DHT
they benefit from applying Androgel to scrotum and pines,
this is excellent way for them. Getting DHT cream may be a hassle.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the erudite and extremely helpful insights

Wonderful observation and astute commentary.

Ignore this-- was posted in response to a now deleted rather nasty msg

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Yes absolutely, your DHT would have been lowered.

Many TRT Dr's now implement Preg cream to help control DHT.

As preg enters bloodstream via cream, it is converted to various hormones, one in particular is progesterone.

Progesterone is well known to prevent T conversion to DHT.

It is possible preg cream alone would have been enough. Might want to do both and adjust according to BW.
Good Thread.

Do we know - by the numbers - how effective pregnenolone is at lowering DHT?

Could I expect a 10% decrease? 20%? 1%?

MarkLA

Awards
Good Thread.

Do we know - by the numbers - how effective pregnenolone is at lowering DHT?

Could I expect a 10% decrease? 20%? 1%?
I'm not answering your question but I have something else for you to think about. I also have low T and high DHT. I remember someone else posting that low Zinc can cause too much of this conversion. I've been taking 50mg Zinc for the last few weeks. I'll have new blood results in about 10 days and will post them then.

Mark

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm not answering your question but I have something else for you to think about. I also have low T and high DHT. I remember someone else posting that low Zinc can cause too much of this conversion. I've been taking 50mg Zinc for the last few weeks. I'll have new blood results in about 10 days and will post them then.

Mark
low T and high DHT

when supplementing testosterone, stay away from transdermals.

rick055

Awards
  • Established

Mark
Thanks, Mark, let me know.