Androl gel problems?

1. Registered User

Androl gel problems?

Hi all,
    33 yo male with a T level of about 206. I received a script from my doc for Androgel 5. I apply properly, but about 1 hour in I get really anxious, hypersensity, elevated HR and BP. It is uncomfortable enough I stopped taking it. Any ideas what is not working? Are there alternatives that may avoid this problem?
    Thanks!

EDIT: Oops, typo in the title, sorry!

2. Registered User

Its either the spike in Testosterone or its the testosterone itself.
    You could try switching to testim, and if its the same story, which I am assuming it would be then try injections every 3 days.

On the other hand it could just be high E2.
    You should get a peak level blood test.
  3. Registered User

Both Testim and Androgel are 1% products, wondering why there would be any difference?
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 3athlete View Post
    Hi all,
    33 yo male with a T level of about 206. I received a script from my doc for Androgel 5. I apply properly, but about 1 hour in I get really anxious, hypersensity, elevated HR and BP. It is uncomfortable enough I stopped taking it. Any ideas what is not working? Are there alternatives that may avoid this problem?
    Thanks!

EDIT: Oops, typo in the title, sorry!
    Start with good blood test.
    You can follow my list on post #44 here
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

Post whatewer blood test you already have, name, number, units, ranges, laboratory that did the testing.

There is a group of people that do not respond well to transdermals.
    Often they have thyroid problems, among other.

5 grams, one packet of Androgel is usually not enough.
    You should have hcg injections right away or you testis will stop producing anything and will shrink.
    Additionally during the time it takes testicles to shut down you are not stable with your testosterone levels.
    Any blood tests during that time are unreliable.
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherOldGuy View Post
    Both Testim and Androgel are 1% products, wondering why there would be any difference?
    From what I have read it seems testim doesnt peak as much and carries out for alil longer than androgel, I could be wrong, but its still worth switching to another brand.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    From what I have read it seems testim doesnt peak as much and carries out for alil longer than androgel, I could be wrong, but its still worth switching to another brand.
    I've used both and Androgel absorbs quickly but not as well. Testim takes about 4 hours to raise your levels and your blood levels stay higher longer.
  7. Registered User

I have experienced the same with Androgel. For me, I feel the same as you described initially, I then have a few good hours. In the afternoon I get the grumpy old man syndrome as the Androgel wears off.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by nuker View Post
    I have experienced the same with Androgel. For me, I feel the same as you described initially, I then have a few good hours. In the afternoon I get the grumpy old man syndrome as the Androgel wears off.
    That's a funny response, mine exactly. Testim lasts a couple more hours and the let down is less dramatic, in my experience.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

Hello, I have had good results with Androgel except for one problem. I am 56 years old and have Degenerative Disk Disease in my back and neck and rotator cuff and bone problems in my shoulders. I was put on a pain management program that consists of; )1 Opana 10mg (oxymorphone) twice a day which is a time release med and; )2 hydrocodone 7.5mg (vicadine) 3 times a day or as needed. This affected my sexual performance (erections) which was ok up to now. After some tests I was diagnosed with low Free testosterone and was prescribed Androgel 1.62%, one pump each shoulder once a day.

It seemed to be magical, my mood was greatly improved and my Free testosterone level was improving. After a few months I started having urinating flow problems as the only side effect of the Androgel and was then put on Flomax for the past few weeks. It doesn't seem to be helping much. I am wondering if it is all worth it. Of course the docs tell me to continue on this path but I am wondering if it is worth it. I have to continue with the pain management...should have done that years ago. I am to the point of saying screw the erection problem but I do like the fact I am not pissed of all the time. So if I stop the Androgel I won't need the Flomax but my mood will suck?

I don't reply to many forums so I seem to be rambling a bit but I would appreciate any replies and/or comments

Thanks, Greg
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by noscar View Post
    Hello, I have had good results with Androgel except for one problem. I am 56 years old and have Degenerative Disk Disease in my back and neck and rotator cuff and bone problems in my shoulders. I was put on a pain management program that consists of; )1 Opana 10mg (oxymorphone) twice a day which is a time release med and; )2 hydrocodone 7.5mg (vicadine) 3 times a day or as needed. This affected my sexual performance (erections) which was ok up to now. After some tests I was diagnosed with low Free testosterone and was prescribed Androgel 1.62%, one pump each shoulder once a day.

It seemed to be magical, my mood was greatly improved and my Free testosterone level was improving. After a few months I started having urinating flow problems as the only side effect of the Androgel and was then put on Flomax for the past few weeks. It doesn't seem to be helping much. I am wondering if it is all worth it. Of course the docs tell me to continue on this path but I am wondering if it is worth it. I have to continue with the pain management...should have done that years ago. I am to the point of saying screw the erection problem but I do like the fact I am not pissed of all the time. So if I stop the Androgel I won't need the Flomax but my mood will suck?

I don't reply to many forums so I seem to be rambling a bit but I would appreciate any replies and/or comments

Thanks, Greg
    I had the same "flow" issues with Androgel. I did much better on a pharmacy compounded gel. After about 5 years on the gels, they stopped being absorbed predictably - sometimes high T, sometimes very low. Currently using every-other-day shots of T-cyp. So far - so good.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.

Why bother with gels? They're a sticky and EXPENSIVE mess. Like my doc told me, it's simply a "delivery system" for testosterone. A bottle of test cypionate is about $18 with insurance. Shoot twice a week with an insulin syringe. Presto, no pain, no dht hair loss, no mess, no sides! Old school always wins.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. T-Gel
    By lbm4life in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 10:16 AM
  2. Major Power-Gel Problem!!
    By tecfal103 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 09:25 AM
  3. Screen problems w/ BDC Forums
    By labrad in forum General Chat