Here's the Problem,

Charlie

Awards
I got Dr. Johns request for some lab work. How do I walk into another Dr's. office and ask him to run this work for me?
When he ask me what it's for, and I tell him it's for my Libido, he will want to run his own lab test! Then I tell him; I already have a Dr. he will probibally ask why don't my Dr. run the test?

Maybe I could copy Dr. Johns request and leave his name off. Then when the Indo. ask what it's for, I will tell him: it's personal! I don't think that will work!

I could just be very up front with him and tell him exactly what I am doing, and if he says no, I will just pay him for his office visit, and leave. Even though it's small (my co-pay), I hate wasting money.

Have any of you Guys ran upon this situation? How did you handle it?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I got Dr. Johns request for some lab work. How do I walk into another Dr's. office and ask him to run this work for me?
When he ask me what it's for, and I tell him it's for my Libido, he will want to run his own lab test! Then I tell him; I already have a Dr. he will probibally ask why don't my Dr. run the test?

Maybe I could copy Dr. Johns request and leave his name off. Then when the Indo. ask what it's for, I will tell him: it's personal! I don't think that will work!

I could just be very up front with him and tell him exactly what I am doing, and if he says no, I will just pay him for his office visit, and leave. Even though it's small (my co-pay), I hate wasting money.

Have any of you Guys ran upon this situation? How did you handle it?
I got Dr. Johns request for some lab work.
-------------------
Why are you involving another doctor.
Go to nearest Quest Diagnostics with the script that you have got from Dr John, they will do the test for you.

To find out nearest lab use this link.
Quest Diagnostics: Patient Service Centers

Next time you contact Dr John, ask him to give you all directions in writting otherwise you will forget most of what hi wants you to do.

Charlie

Awards
Go to nearest Quest Diagnostics with the script that you have got from Dr John, they will do the test for you.

I am trying to get my Lab Work done through a Dr. that subscribes to my Medical Insurance Program. That way I can save several hundred dollars.

I am not rich, and I have a family to support.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I am trying to get my Lab Work done through a Dr. that subscribes to my Medical Insurance Program. That way I can save several hundred dollars.

I am not rich, and I have a family to support.
I do not know how your insurance works.
But just in case, either with Dr Johns script or new script from another doctor, money is in ICD-9 codes.

Check on that in my post where I list my recomended testing.
Bottom part of post #44:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

I had the whole list done in April 2007, fully paid thanks to Medicare, I am 67 yo.

Usually any other insurance is better.

On a bill I seen $3500 for the whole test.

Charlie

Awards
I do not know how your insurance works.
But just in case, either with Dr Johns script or new script from another doctor, money is in ICD-9 codes.

Check on that in my post where I list my recomended testing.
Bottom part of post #44:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

I had the whole list done in April 2007, fully paid thanks to Medicare, I am 67 yo.

Usually any other insurance is better.

On a bill I seen $3500 for the whole test.
I can not find where you posted 5/13/07 #44. ?

I know nothing about ICD-9 codes ?

$3500 is simply out of the consideration in my case.

Charlie

Awards
I did find your post, all I had to do was click on the link you provided.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I can not find where you posted 5/13/07 #44. ?

I know nothing about ICD-9 codes ?

$3500 is simply out of the consideration in my case.
Use the link I gave you, then go to post #44.

I repeat, I got a very complex test worth $3500,
I paid nothing, my Medicare paid for the whole thing.

You better learn about ICD-9 codes.
It is a series of numbers that you doctor have to put on script.
Those numbers describe diagnosis or possible diagnosis of your problem.

Many doctors are not carefull about this part of their job.

Without those numbers insurance company will send the bill to you rather than pay for the job themselves.

Charlie

Awards
AWWWRIIIIGHT !!!!
I told Good Old Dr. Patel exactly what I wanted, and his nurse said, they would do it.

My Lab Work will be taken care of, and I will send a copy to
Dr. John

Thank you, United Health Care,
Thank you Dr. Patel

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
AWWWRIIIIGHT !!!!
I told Good Old Dr. Patel exactly what I wanted, and his nurse said, they would do it.

My Lab Work will be taken care of, and I will send a copy to
Dr. John

Thank you, United Health Care,
Thank you Dr. Patel
If you wish, post your results here when you get them.
Name, number, units, ranges.

---------------------
Dr. Patel
must be indian.

My GP is indian. I and family use him since 1976.
Very good person, ofered house calls to my mother.
Charitable, when hi senses person in financial troube, makes it easy on him.
-----
With all this, on TRT he newer got farther than script for my Androgel and blood tests, any that I want.