Understanding Transdermals

A

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
After hangin out here for a while, decided to re-read the Androgel Prescribing document. I'm not on androgel - but find it interesting reading. currently using componded gel.

This literature says aprox 10% is absorbed, but then it says 90% is excreted into urine, and 6% excreted into feces. Maybe this would make sense if I were a politician or a salesman - but 10%+90%+6% is not equal to 100%. WHAT AM I MISSING?

If steady state serum T remains stable for 24-48 hrs after discontinuing the gel, and return to pretreatment levels after the 5th day, this seems to imply that it may take 4 days for all the gel to get from skin to blood. Is this correct? The same literature says after 4 hours 8 of 9 peole have normal T levels. So it goes in fast, but some sort of flywheel effect keeps it hanging in there?

So, if I am monitoring my urine, then I would expect to see 90% of the dose in my urine, what after 4 hours or 4 days?? Likewise - would I expect to see 90% in my urine after 24hrs of discontinuing - or do i consider this 5 days statement as "processing" time, and should I expect to see tapering levels in the urine tapering from the first day off until the 5th day off where, on the 5th day there would be no excretion into the urine?

trying to understand the transdermal delivery system/mechanism. Hope I asked my Q's clearly.

Thanks in advance.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
After hangin out here for a while, decided to re-read the Androgel Prescribing document. I'm not on androgel - but find it interesting reading. currently using componded gel.

This literature says aprox 10% is absorbed, but then it says 90% is excreted into urine, and 6% excreted into feces. Maybe this would make sense if I were a politician or a salesman - but 10%+90%+6% is not equal to 100%. WHAT AM I MISSING?

If steady state serum T remains stable for 24-48 hrs after discontinuing the gel, and return to pretreatment levels after the 5th day, this seems to imply that it may take 4 days for all the gel to get from skin to blood. Is this correct? The same literature says after 4 hours 8 of 9 peole have normal T levels. So it goes in fast, but some sort of flywheel effect keeps it hanging in there?

So, if I am monitoring my urine, then I would expect to see 90% of the dose in my urine, what after 4 hours or 4 days?? Likewise - would I expect to see 90% in my urine after 24hrs of discontinuing - or do i consider this 5 days statement as "processing" time, and should I expect to see tapering levels in the urine tapering from the first day off until the 5th day off where, on the 5th day there would be no excretion into the urine?

trying to understand the transdermal delivery system/mechanism. Hope I asked my Q's clearly.

Thanks in advance.
You have asked clear question.
but
I do not want to know all the internal detals, like you do.
I just want to know if it works for me or not.

The Androgel worked for me good as far as testosterone delivery goes.
I had a problem with extremely high DHT.
To find out my blood T levels I was looking for minimum level.
I was keeping regular gell application schedule.
I drew blood on time when I usualy applied gel but before gel application.

Many people have problem with getting transdelmal testosterone into blood.
When I switched to Tcream (10%) I found out that it did not worked for me.

All is in carefull testing.

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

This literature says aprox 10% is absorbed, but then it says 90% is excreted into urine, and 6% excreted into feces. Maybe this would make sense if I were a politician or a salesman - but 10%+90%+6% is not equal to 100%. WHAT AM I MISSING? You are forgetting the +- ratio.....Probably anywhere from 85 - 90% is excreted in urine, some in feces and some absorbed.

If steady state serum T remains stable for 24-48 hrs after discontinuing the gel, and return to pretreatment levels after the 5th day, this seems to imply that it may take 4 days for all the gel to get from skin to blood. Is this correct? The same literature says after 4 hours 8 of 9 peole have normal T levels. So it goes in fast, but some sort of flywheel effect keeps it hanging in there? No, it takes 4 days for it all to become excreted out of the body completely....From skin to blood your talking a matter of hours

So, if I am monitoring my urine, then I would expect to see 90% of the dose in my urine, what after 4 hours or 4 days?? 4 hours Likewise - would I expect to see 90% in my urine after 24hrs of discontinuing - or do i consider this 5 days statement as "processing" time, and should I expect to see tapering levels in the urine tapering from the first day off until the 5th day off where, on the 5th day there would be no excretion into the urine? Processing time, your thinking right here

Thanks in advance.
answers in red biatch ;)

R

RPHMark

Awards
The percentages related to excretion relate to the amount absorbed, they are not trying to account for 100% of the applied dose