about to get shafted

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
by my ins company.

they were ok with the 7.5 grams a day of the gel, which is 3 bottles a month. Now they only want to approve one bottle a month.

seriously.... why do they have to be such worthless piles of crap?

I have enough to last me for a few more weeks and my doc is going to try to get it authorized tomorrow, but I think she will be receptive to shots as I already gave her copies of Dr. John's documents regarding TRT and HCG.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel your pain. When I first got prescribed AndroGel my insurance covered it. When I went for my third months supply I found out that I had maxed out my annual prescription coverage. I think cash price for AndroGel was about $250 for a 30day supply at 5mg/d I was at 7.5 and getting ready to be moved to 10. I simply could not go that route.

Here's some data:
AndroGel
RxPrice Guide

Enan/Cyp
RxPrice Guide
RxPrice Guide

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Is Androgel that much better than what you can get from a compounding pharmacy for $25-50 a month though?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that suks bro.............

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Is Androgel that much better than what you can get from a compounding pharmacy for $25-50 a month though?
Often, most likely always, it is not a question of if Androgel is better or something else is better.
I had a Androgel salesmen sitting in my doctors office, he (my doctor) was brain washed. But the more Androgel scripts he wrote the better salesman liked him.
It is about big pharma.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
by my ins company.

they were ok with the 7.5 grams a day of the gel, which is 3 bottles a month. Now they only want to approve one bottle a month.

I have enough to last me for a few more weeks and my doc is going to try to get it authorized tomorrow, but I think she will be receptive to shots as I already gave her copies of Dr. John's documents regarding TRT and HCG.
$50 vial 10mL 200mg/mL from compounding pharmacy will last you:

assuming large dose of 150mg/week

2000/150=13.3 weeks,
you do not have to worry if insurance covers it or no.

$60 vial of 10000iu Novarel will last 90 days

$60 vial liquidex will probably be good for a year

screw insurance.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
$50 vial 10mL 200mg/mL
Not from my compounding pharmacy ;)

10mL 150mg/mL(more like 8mL so that I have to stay on a two month reorder schedule) $195
10000iu HCG $135

:(

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Not from my compounding pharmacy ;)

10mL 150mg/mL(more like 8mL so that I have to stay on a two month reorder schedule) $195
10000iu HCG $135

:(
Well, what can I say, the name of the thead is about getting shafted.

Seriously, you can change pharmacy if you wish, unless you are constrained by your good doctor and do not want to rock the boat, always possibility.

What is 150mg/mL, are you in USA or expatriate somewhere around the world?
When I was in Brazil, 1979-1980, at least I did not had to worry about testosterone then, had plenty of it.

1500/60*7=175mg/week
You are on rather large dose, hopefully you have high enough SHBG to support it.

I am paying $150 for my genuine Depo-T.
Reason I am not using compounded T is because it have different oil.

I already know that it takes me four minutes to draw 30 units to my 31ga syringe.

Not sure about viscosity of sesame seed oil.
Wish somebody try and post results.
---------------------------
I get my Novarel at local pharmacy, DrugFair.

There are much better deals if one can buy from Sam's Club.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Jeff go somewhere else then. rxusa will give you novarel for 53 i think a bottle. just have your script sent there and they mail anywhere. samsclub pharmacy has cheap novarel too.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established

Seriously, you can change pharmacy if you wish, unless you are constrained by your good doctor and do not want to rock the boat, always possibility.
Nope, I am constrained by my current doc - its the only pharmacy he uses - he send the script off and doesn't give them to me. I have tried to talk him into just writing me a script to take to the pharmacy, my insurance covers it but I think he gets a kickback from the pharmacy. Actually, I have stopped the TRT for the time being, I am having some surgery in the next couple of weeks and I figured I would give myself a break from the needles for a while. I am going to look for a new doc when I am back to....normal :toofunny:

150mg/mL of test cypionate a week (in olive oil). My total t is between 850 and 900.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Jeff go somewhere else then. rxusa will give you novarel for 53 i think a bottle. just have your script sent there and they mail anywhere. samsclub pharmacy has cheap novarel too.
The pharmacy at my local supermarket is cheaper then what I have right now. I am going to look for a new doc, this one told me that test enanthate would be better then cypionate because I would only have to do 1 shot a week instead of 2. I really thought that there wasn't a big difference in the weight of the esters. He also mentioned that my estrogen wasn't that bad when it was in the 55 range, he told me that he see's people that have estrogens in the 200 range (and yes I did make sure he was talking about men and not women), lol.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

When I was in Brazil, 1979-1980, at least I did not had to worry about testosterone then, had plenty of it.
They say Brazil does that to a person.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"this one told me that test enanthate would be better then cypionate because I would only have to do 1 shot a week instead of 2. "

:toofunny:

Seriously, were do some of these Docs get this stuff?

I need to start up a thread of off the wall quotes of hilarity that some Docs say.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
my doc already said the shots will be a possibility... its in review at the insurance company.

she will work with me using other methods if this falls through.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
how can I talk to my doc about a compounding pharmacy and what are good ones to work with?

biker340

Awards
$50 vial 10mL 200mg/mL from compounding pharmacy will last you:

assuming large dose of 150mg/week

2000/150=13.3 weeks,
you do not have to worry if insurance covers it or no.

$60 vial liquidex will probably be good for a year

screw insurance.
But, after it is activated, you can only keep it a month..

So, figure 60 a month for Novarel...

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
by my ins company.

Because insurance companies are in business to make a profit. They do this by denying anything above the most basic coverage, and rarely nothing as cutting edge as HRT. It is a simply matter of maximizing profits.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Nope, I am constrained by my current doc - its the only pharmacy he uses - he send the script off and doesn't give them to me. I have tried to talk him into just writing me a script to take to the pharmacy, my insurance covers it but I think he gets a kickback from the pharmacy. Actually, I have stopped the TRT for the time being, I am having some surgery in the next couple of weeks and I figured I would give myself a break from the needles for a while. I am going to look for a new doc when I am back to....normal :toofunny:

150mg/mL of test cypionate a week (in olive oil). My total t is between 850 and 900.
Listen, keep your head cool.
Think of it as cost of doing bussiness.
You need testosterone, you got testosterone.
Few $$$ does not make big difference.
If you get better doctor go for it, but do not burn bridges.

In the mean time, learn what works and do routine that works for you (when you have ingredients at hand).

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
Hunter, I am fully aware of that.... It just gets old when it keeps happening.