labs

engival

Awards
  • Established
heres friends labs
hes 18, fatigue and depression

LH- 5.1 mIU/mL (range- 0.5 - 5.3)

FSH- 8.3 mIU/mL (range- 1.4 - 18.1)

Hemogoblin A1c- 4.9 % (range- 4.8 - 5.9)

Testosterone, Serum- 494 ng/dl (range- 241 - 827)

Testosterone, Free, Direct- 11.3 pg/mL (range- there isnt a range here, but i searched on the internet and I found a range... 16 - 33 pg/ml. That would mean I'm low on free test)

Prolactin- 20.1 ng/mL (range- 2.1 - 17....its alittle high)

wondering

Awards
I AM Not a Dr.

LH is high - could be indication of Primary.

T is probably low for an 18 yr old, but not so low that I would be initiing TRT.

Prolactin level is not that high. I believe if you had a microadenoma or similar that was affecting prolcatiin, it would be thru the roof - like 100-200.

Need more testing...
Thyroid and/or Adrenal problems could exist.
I would start there and throw in an ultra sensitive E2 test.

Most important, find a good Dr.
If this is all the tets the Dr. ran and based on this isn't going to run more, then it's time for a new Dr.

heres friends labs
hes 18, fatigue and depression

LH- 5.1 mIU/mL (range- 0.5 - 5.3)

FSH- 8.3 mIU/mL (range- 1.4 - 18.1)

Hemogoblin A1c- 4.9 % (range- 4.8 - 5.9)

Testosterone, Serum- 494 ng/dl (range- 241 - 827)

Testosterone, Free, Direct- 11.3 pg/mL (range- there isnt a range here, but i searched on the internet and I found a range... 16 - 33 pg/ml. That would mean I'm low on free test)

Prolactin- 20.1 ng/mL (range- 2.1 - 17....its alittle high)

nallepuh

Awards
I AM Not a Dr.

T is probably low for an 18 yr old, but not so low that I would be initiing TRT.

Prolactin level is not that high. I believe if you had a microadenoma or similar that was affecting prolcatiin, it would be thru the roof - like 100-200.

Need more testing...

If this is all the tets the Dr. ran and based on this isn't going to run more, then it's time for a new Dr.
Agreed, slightly elevated prolactin could be from eating, sex or poor sleep the night b4 tests. I myself tested prolactin 18 wich was over the range and within a week for next test it was 5 or so.

He also need shbg!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I AM Not a Dr.

Need more testing...

Before attempting lowering prolactin, he should repeat prolactin test.

Dr John, while he was on this board, was for some reason was always arguing when I brought up high prolactin issue. I am not a doctor, so my opinion is not educated. But I make following three obserwations.

1. Prolactin test wary greatly
2. Dr Shippen (supposedly) likes it below 3
3. LEF likes it below 5, and is rather forceful about it.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Before attempting lowering prolactin, he should repeat prolactin test.

Dr John, while he was on this board, was for some reason was always arguing when I brought up high prolactin issue. I am not a doctor, so my opinion is not educated. But I make following three obserwations.

1. Prolactin test wary greatly
2. Dr Shippen (supposedly) likes it below 3
3. LEF likes it below 5, and is rather forceful about it.

One of the problems with saying that prolactin should be below a certain level is that prolactin level can vary widely within a relatively short time window, so that a measured level of 11 does not necessarily mean that the person has a level of 11 all the time.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
One of the problems with saying that prolactin should be below a certain level is that prolactin level can vary widely within a relatively short time window, so that a measured level of 11 does not necessarily mean that the person has a level of 11 all the time.
Any suggestions?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
How do you resolve your position and Dr Delgado post here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/950239-post34.html

He uses Dostinex to improve on sex.

Dostinex lowers Prolactin.

I guess it depends on outlook. My health program focuses on the big three - diet, exercise and rest. Other than that, I want to keep it simple- I don't want to spend thousands on lab tests; I don't want to take a lot of nutraceuticals and prescription drugs, etc. So when Dr. John says not to be too worried about fluctuations in prolaction level, that works for me.

Someone who wants to devote a lot of time and money optimizing each and every one of their lab values would probably not be satisfied by this approach.

Also, while Dr. Delgado obviously has great expertise in this area, I, personally, would give greater weight to the opinion of a practicing physiscian.

Last edited:
JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I guess it depends on outlook. My health program focuses on the big three - diet, exercise and rest. Other than that, I want to keep it simple- I don't want to spend thousands on lab tests; I don't want to take a lot of nutraceuticals and prescription drugs, etc. So when Dr. John says not to be too worried about fluctuations in prolaction level, that works for me.

Someone who wants to devote a lot of time and money optimizing each and every one of their lab values would probably not be satisfied by this approach.

Also, while Dr. Delgado obviously has great expertise in this area, I, personally, would give greater weight to the opinion of a practicing physiscian.
Dr Delgado is medical doctor with rather extensive practice.

Other than patients he is extensively practicing on his own body.

Over here:
Ultimate Medical Research
Quote:

Private coaching.

Thank you for inquiring about our services. We have designed a personalized anti-aging program that can start from the convenience of your home to fine-tune your body so that you can reach peak performance enabling you to grow younger and slimmer.

Your initial comprehensive questionnaire is available on our website, or it can be emailed or mailed US postage. From your answers we will have an impression of your deficiencies associated with aging coupled with your goals.

We use a variety of testing methods that all work in harmony with one another. With testing we can guide you and improve your rate of success. We can help you overcome the inevitable decline in certain hormones along with signs and symptoms of aging. We have been able to help hundreds of our clients to feel better and look better. Dr. Nick Delgado, considered one of the foremost world authorities, consults with world leaders in anti-aging and hormone therapy. Your success will be based on your level of commitment in following the recommendations and advice of Dr. Delgado. Our goal is to guide you to optimum function.

Our services concentrate on 3 areas; Consultation, Testing and Coaching:

1) INITIAL Consultation Your investment toward your health for the initial consultation will include a detailed history, evaluation of former tests, supplement intake, diet, exercise, sleep habits and assessing your goals. The coaching plan evaluation is more detailed than the highly acclaimed wellness survey which is stored at our website Ultimate Medical Research under the section (Wellness Survey). It will provide feedback and suggestions regarding products and required reading specific for your needs.

After you complete the requested information we will evaluate it and give you suggestions in diet, exercise, lifestyle modification and supplementation. We will advise you on the areas we feel relate to your immediate and long-term needs. These are the areas you need additional help that will be of tremendous importance through one-on-one coaching.

2) TESTING (saliva, urine, blood) and Evaluation Test kits for urine and/or saliva are sent to you and most tests can be done in the convenience of your home; the exception is the Blood test where you can go to a lab at a local medical center, hospital or we can arrange a lab tech to come to your home for a $75 fee.

More extensive or specific tests scheduled are on an individual basis.

3) COACHING With a one-on-one coaching approach, Dr. Nick Delgado will answer questions and provide a wellness insight that will move you in the right direction for gaining ultimate health.

We will keep you informed with articles, quarterly newsletters and weekly notes. We will provide via email and conference calls the latest updated wellness and research information. Bringing hormones and your energy systems to youthful levels is an incredible feeling of rejuvenation and “invincibility” however it does require education and support to reach ideal health. Perfect health does not happen overnight, some levels will improve and some might decrease at times for various complex reasons related to aging.

We are confident there are only a few other programs like ours in the world. Many doctors around the country are now using our services to support their patients by teaching our plan. Consult your doctor about our education support plan as explained on our web site.

We offer 3 levels of coaching programs (monthly). All three include initial evaluation, recommendations, and on-going informational teleconferencing meetings:

GOLD

Initial Consult – Testing – Coaching … $1200.00 initial month, $500/mo. thereafter

• Up to 5 hours of one-on-one consult plus NLP, Timeline Therapy, Values, Dreams, etc *

• Lab hormone panels all at specially designed discounted rates and fees.

• Physician consultation is a separate fee of $350, and follow-up visits for $75.

SILVER

Initial Consult – Testing – Coaching … $500.00 initial month, $230/mo. thereafter

• Up to 2.5 hours of consult, review, follow-ups through emails, telephone calls*

BRONZE

Initial Consult – Testing … $225.00 one time fee, includes teleconferencing, and a personalized set of products designed for you sent automatically each month from $150-$175. Bronze level excludes Dr. Nick Delgado’s ongoing one-on-one coaching as offered in Gold and Silver.

* additional monthly consult time billed at $195 per 30 minutes

Dr. Delgado is networked with leading doctors and physicians around the world and locally in Orange County, CA. At Health Wellness Studios, Inc. he is able to provide additional therapies with primary doctors in; stem cells derived from your own bone marrow for regeneration, brain tissue regeneration and restoration.

Platinum plan is for medical clinics and individuals who need a system designed for in-depth clinic coaching services. This plan is designed for specialized and intensive treatments. If interested in additional or specific treatments please consult with Dr. Nick Delgado.

We provide the best quality supplements, herbs and natural hormones with the most current delivery systems meeting the most stringent FDA guidelines that are available for purchase at competitive rates. Our experts have reviewed and visited most of these supplement manufacturers which meet our highest standards for each category of anti-aging and health.

Our standard program of rejuvenation offers:

1) Improved biochemistry through natural hormones and supplements

2) Increased fitness levels by Dr. Delgado’s revolutionary 15-minute exercise plan

3) A researched and successful dietary and nutritional approach personalized to each individual

4) Advanced treatments tailored to each individual

Our advanced program also includes:

5) Timeline therapy and goal setting training

6) Live blood microscopy hematology and carotid artery scan at our office

•We offer coaching for clinics across the country, with our approved protocols (inquire for details)

•Similar plans charge exorbitant fees; our successful program can be accomplished at your leisure.

Contact us today at: Ultimate Medical Research email [email protected] 714-442-0743 (office), toll free 866-319-0566 fax 949-666-5134

Ronald Klatz, M.D., President of A4M The World Health Network - Anti-Aging and Longevity

“Dr. Delgado zeros in on available methods…to become younger, healthier, slimmer more focused and more powerful – I recommend his readings and program”

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I thought that Dr Delgado is medical doctor with rather extensive practice.

Other than patients he is extensively practicing on his own body.

Over here:
Ultimate Medical Research
Quote:

Private coaching.

Thank you for inquiring about our services. We have designed a personalized anti-aging program that can start from the convenience of your home to fine-tune your body so that you can reach peak performance enabling you to grow younger and slimmer.

I could be incorrect, but I believe he is doctoral scientist who works under the supervision of a medical doctor.

I hope I didn't create the impression that I think that Dr. Delgado is unqualified to give an informed opinion on the question -- I don't think there is any question that he is.

I think I said that, given my own bias, I would give greater weight to Dr. John's view than Dr. Delgado's.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I said that, given my own bias, I would give greater weight to Dr. John's view than Dr. Delgado's.
This could be true, but a degree doesn't mean much nowadays, its 2007 and the era of the information highway, anyone can learn anything. Fancy degrees are giving way to basic, good old fashion IQ, and I would give Dr Nick more credit than 90 percent of the rest of some of these numbnutts passing of as medical doctors.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Fancy degrees are giving way to basic, good old fashion IQ.
Again, I think I made it clear that I think he is a qualified scientist. Given my own bias toward Dr. John's simple, straightforward approach to anti-aging medicine, I would give his opinion on the original question more weight than I would Delgado's.

If I were interested in a complicated high-dollar approach to anti-aging, Delgado would be at or near the top of my list.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
This could be true, but a degree doesn't mean much nowadays, its 2007 and the era of the information highway, anyone can learn anything. F

In the cradle of the information superhighway, Silicon Valley, where I work, people with four and even five degrees are exceedingly common.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In the cradle of the information superhighway, Silicon Valley, where I work, people with four and even five degrees are exceedingly common.
Proves my point even further if ya think about it.

I have alot of plumber/electricians within my circle, and it is common knowledge amoungst them that rule #1 is to never listen or read to anything the engineer tells or gives you :rofl:

"engineer blueprints make good napkins at lunch time"

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Again, I think I made it clear that I think he is a qualified scientist. Given my own bias toward Dr. John's simple, straightforward approach to anti-aging medicine, I would give his opinion on the original question more weight than I would Delgado's.

If I were interested in a complicated high-dollar approach to anti-aging, Delgado would be at or near the top of my list.

I agree.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Proves my point even further if ya think about it.

I have alot of plumber/electricians within my circle, and it is common knowledge amoungst them that rule #1 is to never listen or read to anything the engineer tells or gives you :rofl:

"engineer blueprints make good napkins at lunch time"
No, I don't think so. Engineers and architects can't know everything. They rely on plumbers and electricians to attend to the crucial details of installing plumbing and electrical systems that work. It has always been that way and I don't see any reason why it won't continue that way.

But I think a plumber or an electrician would be the first to laugh in your face if you told them you thought you could learn how to be a plumber or an electrical contractor just by reading web pages.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I could be incorrect, but I believe he is doctoral scientist who works under the supervision of a medical doctor.

I hope I didn't create the impression that I think that Dr. Delgado is unqualified to give an informed opinion on the question -- I don't think there is any question that he is.

I am sure you respect opinion of both doctors.

Also it is not a first time when people or doctors may have different opinions.

What I would like to see is few people that reported their prolactin level within range but in double digits would get Dostinex give it a try and report results.

After all we are talking important stuff:

1. stopping excretion of fluid/milk from nipples
2. shorter refractory time, more frequent orgasms

this must be worth some effort.

I am not sure if any of Dr Delgado's supplemnts contain Dostinex or it have to be bought separately.

On the other board I used to see Dostinex being sold by advertisers.
Little pricey, $199 for 30mL of 0.25mg/mL

15 doses, would last one week.

There must be another, less expensive source.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
:

1. stopping excretion of fluid/milk from nipples
2. shorter refractory time, more frequent orgasms
Well, yeah. If somebody is having symptoms that interfere with quality of life, of course you do something. And if someone's prolactin is consistently way out of range, then of course you do something.

But I still think it is pointless to get too upset about an isolated borderline value, given the the fact that prolactin level is so labile.