Effect of low-dose Arimidex on lipid profile?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Effect of low-dose Arimidex on lipid profile?

For someone who is not on TRT, what effect does 1mg or less per week of Arimidex have on lipid profile, assuming E2 doesn't go below, say, the high 20's?

It's never been clear to me whether the drug itself is bad for HDL, or whether it's the reduction of E2 too far that causes problems.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    For someone who is not on TRT, what effect does 1mg or less per week of Arimidex have on lipid profile, assuming E2 doesn't go below, say, the high 20's?

It's never been clear to me whether the drug itself is bad for HDL, or whether it's the reduction of E2 too far that causes problems.
    Being on armidex to long will screw up your homocysteine levels and also your lipoprotein A levels more so then your lipiis profilies..
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Being on armidex to long will screw up your homocysteine levels and also your lipoprotein A levels more so then your lipiis profilies..
    If that's the case, what's the best solution for controlling estradiol long-term while on TRT?
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kasumeat View Post
    If that's the case, what's the best solution for controlling estradiol long-term while on TRT?
    I have a strong suspiocion that some how pregenonolone and iodine is helping my body to control e2. I went from .25 mgs every 3 days and just changed to .15 every 3 days for 4 weeks then restest. If adding pregenlone creame is controling the pathways to help balance out the e2 and thats all I need AMEN TO THAT. I just finished up urine testing on a comprehensive uriine profile testing about 20 different hormones as well as specific estrogen metaboites as well as the methyated ones whichI think are causing alot of my problems due to the low homocysteine levels which are being caused by low e2 or possible over loaded estrogen metabolites
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Young guys have E levels near or below 20 and they are healthy.

I don't think that E levels in the 17-20 range would have anything but positive effects. The anastrozole seems to be free of any negative effects itself.

You can monitor changes in cholesterol with blood work, and you can get E2 tests via LEF.org later on to see where your AI levels are with and make dose changes. So do the blood work and watch for changes in lipids. That will be how you react and you can alter dosing or quit whatever comes along.

With lower E2, your T should increase, SHBG should go down leading to more FT. When you start the anastrozole, front load with a full 1mg then start your routine dosing. You might feel a lift in libido in a short time frame, perhaps 7-10 days. Other changes in mood and energy can take 2 to 3 months to finish. If you have not had any negative effects from your E levels, you might not notice much.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post

I don't think that E levels in the 17-20 range would have anything but positive effects. The anastrozole seems to be free of any negative effects itself.

You can monitor changes in cholesterol with blood work, and you can get E2 tests via LEF.org later on to see where your AI levels are with and make dose changes. So do the blood work and watch for changes in lipids. That will be how you react and you can alter dosing or quit whatever comes along.

With lower E2, your T should increase, SHBG should go down leading to more FT. When you start the anastrozole, front load with a full 1mg then start your routine dosing. You might feel a lift in libido in a short time frame, perhaps 7-10 days. Other changes in mood and energy can take 2 to 3 months to finish. If you have not had any negative effects from your E levels, you might not notice much.
    TRue ksman but if one has had low e2 for along time those cellular changes in caridovascular system will not show up right away but will take a few months. Reason saying is that my e2 has been low for so long that it has raised my lipoprotein A levels to 125 and treatment for this is niacin and estrogen..When my e2 was at 17 for a while my homocysteine came back up to 5.5 vs 4.1 so over time is the factor. Not knowing how low it has been down for is probably the factor..
  7. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post

I don't see any reason why one can't use standard E2 test from labcorp as a benchmark.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 01:35 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 01:23 AM
  3. Side Effects of Low Estrogen?
    By Anarchy939 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 12:05 AM
  4. Long-term Effect of Heavy Drug-Use on BB
    By MrBean in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 05:01 PM
  5. Any negative effects of high dose L-arginine?
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 11:40 PM