Started TRT finally

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
OK Got 100 mgs of Test CYP and am going to do weekly injections. My Endo does not think it is necessary to do HCG, but when I seem him in a month I am going to bring him Dr. John's papers. If anyone has any links about HCG that would be cool. I don't feel anything from the injection yet, but I know that it can take a couple of days.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
OK Got 100 mgs of Test CYP and am going to do weekly injections. My Endo does not think it is necessary to do HCG, but when I seem him in a month I am going to bring him Dr. John's papers. If anyone has any links about HCG that would be cool. I don't feel anything from the injection yet, but I know that it can take a couple of days.
What is your SHBG?
I can calculate preliminary T dose for you.
You possibly could benefit from E3D schedule, specially if your SHBG is on low end.

If you do not mind having your balls shrunk, HCG is not really important.
I am writting it because for number of years I was not able to get script for anything but Androgel.
So I my balls were gone during that time.
It took one month of hcg 250iu E2D to get them back to physical shape.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is your SHBG?
I can calculate preliminary T dose for you.
You possibly could benefit from E3D schedule, specially if your SHBG is on low end.

If you do not mind having your balls shrunk, HCG is not really important.
I am writting it because for number of years I was not able to get script for anything but Androgel.
So I my balls were gone during that time.
It took one month of hcg 250iu E2D to get them back to physical shape.
JansZ,
If one is looking to concieve in future, one may have fertility issues from extensive long term shutdown. Leydig cells will die from permanent shutdown.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I can't have kids due to a Vasectomy, so I'm not worried about that. It has been two days since my first test cyp inject and I don't feel any different. How long does it take to kick in?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I can't have kids due to a Vasectomy, so I'm not worried about that. It has been two days since my first test cyp inject and I don't feel any different. How long does it take to kick in?
State your TT level and SHBG before starting T shots.

Usually starting dose have to be accelerated to get to steady (higher) levels quicker.

proper (initial) dose depends on SHBG level.

You can read it on some of my posts in my thread here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
State your TT level and SHBG before starting T shots.

Usually starting dose have to be accelerated to get to steady (higher) levels quicker.

proper (initial) dose depends on SHBG level.

You can read it on some of my posts in my thread here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html
OK first test: Total test-343 (250-1100ng/dl) Free test 119 (35-155 pg/ml)

Second test: Total test-198 and Free test 63.8

My endo is clueless and did not check SHBG, but since my free t is pretty good then its probably not high. Can you help me decifer my cortisol stim test on another thread of mine?

texxlnghorn

Awards
Give the T, some time to get into your system.
You didn't do Prop. so it's going to take a few days to FEEL something.
Just be patient.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
So, by the time my second injection rolls around (weekly injections) I should start to feel something. I have heard that Test Cyp can take up to a week to start working. I should have asked for Test Prop, but I didn't want to push my luck.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You shoulda tried a transdermal first.

Compounding pharmacies can be very cheap.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
You shoulda tried a transdermal first.

Compounding pharmacies can be very cheap.
At the start of the year before I had my Varicocele operation, I tried 5grams Androgel and for some reason, I felt like crap on it and I had the frosting effect that some people claim so I stopped the andro gel after about 10 days and got the Varicocele ligation. I have really good insurance so I don't have to worry about price. What exactly is a compounding pharmacy?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lucky you.

I do not want kids. If i ever get HRT, I might opt for no hcG, but only if I was guaranteed to be infertile.

That would be great. Save me the cash from not needing vascectomy. Plus, no need to get anesthesia - Many people do not realize how toxic it is to your body.

I do not know the logistics of fertility when one is on T and no hcG. Maybe Dr John can help me out.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A compounding pharmacy is a special kind of pharmacy that specializes in the preparation of medications by mixing raw ingredients. Until the advent of drug manufacturing in the 1950s, compounding was the way virtually all pharmacists practiced. In the 1930s and 1940s, approximately 60% of all medications were compounded, as opposed to about 1% today.

Today, compounding pharmacies specialize mainly in the preparation of medicines that are customized to meet the needs of specific patients. This includes preparing medicines for patients who have allergies to certain ingredients found in mass-produced drugs; liquid versions of solid medicines to make them easier to swallow; flavored medicines for children; cream or gel-based versions of a medication for topical application (as well as other delivery methods); medicines that have been discontinued by a manufacturer; or medicines of a different dosage or concentration than that which is typically available. Compounding pharmacies allow for more flexibility, options, and customization than are typically available from pharmaceutical companies

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
OK first test: Total test-343 (250-1100ng/dl) Free test 119 (35-155 pg/ml)

Second test: Total test-198 and Free test 63.8

My endo is clueless and did not check SHBG, but since my free t is pretty good then its probably not high. Can you help me decifer my cortisol stim test on another thread of mine?
Why do you call FreeT=119 good?

Additionally FreeT tests are commonly unreliable.
it is better to have TotalT and SHBG and double check using chart, (dr Shippen's chart).

Even with SHBG we may not be totally clear.

Recently Dr John posted that he doubts accuracy of SHBG tests.
I could not get more out of him.
My suspicion is that probably hi got something out of the 2006 paper that mentions duality of SHBG and their proposed way of calculating FreeT and BAT.

------------http://www.atypon-link.com/WDG/doi/pdf/10.1515/JLM.2006.050

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. I don't think my endo would help me out here though. I was lucky to get test to begin with. Hopefully when I see him next time, I can print out Dr. Johns papers about HCG and show him.
Much better off just making the drive out to Lansing, Mi.

Sleep in car to save money, bring food/water with you if need be.

Your 28. Road trips are fun. :whip:

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the military so I highly doubt that they would pay for that. I am lucky that I even got to see an endo. I have been going to sick call for a year to try to convince them that it is not in my head.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Still not feeling anything from the Test CYP shot except for some acne and erections in the middle of the night. I still don't have a good libido. Maybe when I get my next inject on Tues. I will be feeling a little better?

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Still not feeling anything from the Test CYP shot except for some acne and erections in the middle of the night. I still don't have a good libido. Maybe when I get my next inject on Tues. I will be feeling a little better?

You have to be patient. Some guys improve gradually over a period of months. Other guys notice a pronounced change right away. You might be one of the former.