Need advice (dr Crisler)

thomastobird

Awards
Hey Dr Crisler. My Dr is out of town for weeks, and I can't get in for a month. I just would like some advice from a doctor that knows TRT, since my GP doesn't seem very knowledgable.

He put me on HCG, Testosterone 100mg, and my Blood preasure went up pretty high, and I got really puffy. Was puffy before doing anything as well, (high E2?). Was actually over the TT range on just HCG, but got prescribed test after. I talked to him thgouh e-mail, and he said to take .25mg arimidex 3x a week. That brought my BP down, but then I started getting some chest pains, and palpitations. (noticed palpitations is a side effect of arimidex) Also have low DHEA, and am guessing low Preg as well.

Now I'm pretty sure my testosterone is low because of having high estradiol. Before seeing my doctor I was trying arimidex only to lower estradiol a bit, and bump test. I felt pretty good on that for a bit, but started taking too much based on a study I read. (Effects of Aromatase Inhibition in Elderly Men with Low or Borderline-Low Serum Testosterone Levels -- Leder et al. 89 (3): 1174 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, and started getting heart palitations at 1mg ed. Felt 70% better at 0.1mg ed, with no heart palpitations though.

I had a EKG which was fine, a ultrasound on my heart about 10 days ago. (they said they'd contact me in less then a week if something's wrong), and have a 24hour halter monitor tommorow to wear. I'm 23 btw, and am jogging 5km's.

What should I do? Quit the test, arimidex etc... Keep going on it? I've never had any chest pains, palpitations, or tightness before but I'm not liking this.

Thanks for any advice.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
you know what i wonder.... its liquidex that your on, so who REALLY knows what the hell is in there....
back it down abit more see if that helps....i feel it would be rare that actually TOO MUCH of the actual ingredient would be in there....but KNOW ONE REALLY KNOWS...

MY $0.02

phats

thomastobird

Awards
you know what i wonder.... its liquidex that your on, so who REALLY knows what the hell is in there....
back it down abit more see if that helps....i feel it would be rare that actually TOO MUCH of the actual ingredient would be in there....but KNOW ONE REALLY KNOWS...

MY $0.02

phats
Sup phats.

Yeah I backed down the arimidex for now to try and find a happy medium for now. I have liquidex from 2 different companies as well and have tried them both. Both have given me heart palps. One at 1mg ed, and one at 0.25mg 3x a week. When I got them on the smaller dose though I had high BP from the HCG, and Test, so I dunno if that could cause the palps to come at a lower dose or what.

T800

T800

Awards
1mg of a-dex per day? Man, that is a lot of a-dex. I'd be surprised if you aren't driving your estrogen into the ground at that dose.

IMO, things will be far easier to control if you keep Test in the appropriate range. If you're already over the limit with HCG alone and now you're tossing in 100mg of Test, you are going even farther out of range.

Sonny

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey Dr Crisler. My Dr is out of town for weeks, and I can't get in for a month. I just would like some advice from a doctor that knows TRT, since my GP doesn't seem very knowledgable.

He put me on HCG, Testosterone 100mg, and my Blood preasure went up pretty high, and I got really puffy. Was actually over the TT range on just HCG, but got prescribed test after. I talked to him thgouh e-mail, and he said to take .25mg arimidex 3x a week. That brought my BP down, but then I started getting some chest pains, and palpitations. (noticed palpitations is a side effect of arimidex) Also have low DHEA, and am guessing low Preg as well.

Now I'm pretty sure my testosterone is low because of having high estradiol. Before seeing my doctor I was trying arimidex only to lower estradiol a bit, and bump test. I felt pretty good on that for a bit, but started taking too much based on a study I read. (Effects of Aromatase Inhibition in Elderly Men with Low or Borderline-Low Serum Testosterone Levels -- Leder et al. 89 (3): 1174 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, and started getting heart palitations at 1mg ed. Felt 70% better at 0.1mg ed, with no heart palpitations though.

I had a EKG which was fine, a ultrasound on my heart about 10 days ago. (they said they'd contact me in less then a week if something's wrong), and have a 24hour halter monitor tommorow to wear. I'm 23 btw, and am jogging 5km's.

What should I do? Quit the test, arimidex etc... Keep going on it? I've never had any chest pains, palpitations, or tightness before but I'm not liking this.

Thanks for any advice.
Lets back up a little bit.

You are on some kind routine now.

Before you have started that routine you have had blood test that was used as basis to decide on your current routine.

Post that complete blood test.
Post current complete routine, medicines, supplements, etc

Add additional detals after you have posted what's in your history.
==============================================
0.25 pills of Arimidex (when required) is a good dose, common dose 0.5pill every 3 days, since it is difficult to cut 0.25 pill.

When I see your blood test, I will be able to make informed judgement, many people do not need any Arimidex.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Sup phats.

Yeah I backed down the arimidex for now to try and find a happy medium for now. I have liquidex from 2 different companies as well and have tried them both. Both have given me heart palps. One at 1mg ed, and one at 0.25mg 3x a week. When I got them on the smaller dose though I had high BP from the HCG, and Test, so I dunno if that could cause the palps to come at a lower dose or what.
Arimidex 1mg/day is way too high.

100mg/week testosterone and (unknown dose) of HCG
should not give you this symptoms, even if you are little high on T.

Look for other reasons.
Now you may have one more, estrogens.

thomastobird

Awards
I'm not on 1mg ed of arimidex anymore. I messed up about 4-5months ago. Now I'm on only .25mg 3x a week.

Lets back up a little bit.

You are on some kind routine now.

Before you have started that routine you have had blood test that was used as basis to decide on your current routine.

Post that complete blood test.
Post current complete routine, medicines, supplements, etc

Add additional detals after you have posted what's in your history.
==============================================
0.25 pills of Arimidex (when required) is a good dose, common dose 0.5pill every 3 days, since it is difficult to cut 0.25 pill.

When I see your blood test, I will be able to make informed judgement, many people do not need any Arimidex.
Hey Jansz. Everything prior to this is posted in this thread. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/71147-thomastobirds-trt-log.html .. Thanks. I didn't really mention anything about heart palps on just arimidex in that thread. Pretty much I felt decent at .1mg ed. Figured I needed more to go over the hump (stupid) after reading that study. Bumped it up to 1mg ed for 4 days and started getting palitations.

Also my DHEA is low, and IGF-1 came back as low. From what I hear this indicates low Pregnenolone. I wonder if having low DHEA, and HGH yet higher test would mean cause some problems like this. Test asking the heart to work harder, yet becuse of low HGH, and DHEA it's not capible of working that hard.... or something. I'm stumped

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm not on 1mg ed of arimidex anymore. I messed up about 4-5months ago. Now I'm on only .25mg 3x a week.

Hey Jansz. Everything prior to this is posted in this thread. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/71147-thomastobirds-trt-log.html .. Thanks. I didn't really mention anything about heart palps on just arimidex in that thread. Pretty much I felt decent at .1mg ed. Figured I needed more to go over the hump (stupid) after reading that study. Bumped it up to 1mg ed for 4 days and started getting palitations.

Also my DHEA is low, and IGF-1 came back as low. From what I hear this indicates low Pregnenolone. I wonder if having low DHEA, and HGH yet higher test would mean cause some problems like this. Test asking the heart to work harder, yet becuse of low HGH, and DHEA it's not capible of working that hard.... or something. I'm stumped
You have newer came thru posting your SHBG.

But it would be better to discuss anything on that other thread, so anyone reading it latter would have a chance at better picture of your health history.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is from being on exogenous T without DHEA + Pregnenolone.

Exogenous T = shutdown in natural androgen production.

Exogenous T administration should always be followed with Pregnenolone and possibly DHEA.

Add those two in and get IGF restested.

Semorelin new guy on block. New form of GH therapy. I may be amoung a few on it in the very short future.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/72448-sermorelin-better-than.html

thomastobird

Awards
You have newer came thru posting your SHBG.

But it would be better to discuss anything on that other thread, so anyone reading it latter would have a chance at better picture of your health history.
My SHBG is low normal. Havn't been to the docs latly to check. But it was oin a good spot. I want to discuss the heart thing in this thread to hopefully get the opinion of Dr. John.

This is from being on exogenous T without DHEA + Pregnenolone.

Exogenous T = shutdown in natural androgen production.

Exogenous T administration should always be followed with Pregnenolone and possibly DHEA.

Add those two in and get IGF restested.

Semorelin new guy on block. New form of GH therapy. I may be amoung a few on it in the very short future.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/72448-sermorelin-better-than.html
My DHEA, + IGF-1 was low before any T suplementation of test.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My SHBG is low normal. Havn't been to the docs latly to check. But it was oin a good spot. I want to discuss the heart thing in this thread to hopefully get the opinion of Dr. John.

My DHEA, + IGF-1 was low before any T suplementation of test.
Well then lets get on Preg + DHEA right now whats the hold up?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
we are canucks.....lol, eh!!

phats
I hate Canada Customs and rules!

I have issues every time I cross border, I usually get pulled into customs and searched, car searched.

Happened again on tuesday.

I enter canada at least once a week for Gambling and Women. I also like the smoke free environments that Canada brings.

Won 300 on the blackjack table :clap2:

thomastobird

Awards
Well then lets get on Preg + DHEA right now whats the hold up?
yeah what Phats said. Were Canucks, and can't get DHEA ot PREG otc. Docs on holidays. I don't know if preg and DHEA would stop heart pain though.

Sucks Dr. Crisler hasn't chimmed in but I've quit the test untill I hear from my doc.