Referring my dad

Dr. Lats

Awards
Hey fellas,

Great board, a lot of good information that is interesting and beneficial floating around these parts. My question is about where someone would go or the steps they should take when testosterone is found to be low in the system.

My dad has started to pack on the fat, lose energy, not as much sex drive, etc. He works out pretty hard for his age, 51. I recommended he get his blood tested. His test was in the 300's...which is low, as I have read on the boards, but of course the doc said it was normal...

What's the next step for my padre?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey fellas,

Great board, a lot of good information that is interesting and beneficial floating around these parts. My question is about where someone would go or the steps they should take when testosterone is found to be low in the system.

My dad has started to pack on the fat, lose energy, not as much sex drive, etc. He works out pretty hard for his age, 51. I recommended he get his blood tested. His test was in the 300's...which is low, as I have read on the boards, but of course the doc said it was normal...

What's the next step for my padre?
The best you can do is to see Dr John, sponsor of this board,
if you are MD or DO you can consult with Dr John over phone and follow Dr John's directions.

Read this "sticky":
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/59429-those-who-want.html

or go directily to
AllThingsMale.com

AllThingsMale.com

Contact Dr. John Crisler
E-mail: [email protected]
Office Phone: 517-485-4424
Direct Fax: 815-301-2716

All Things Male - Center for Men's Health
320 - 322 West Ottawa, Garden Level
Lansing, Michigan 48933

============================================
Second choice:

If you are able to write scripts or have a doctor do it for your dad, I suggest

read my diary (I am not a doctor):

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

do the blood test as in post #44

post it here is fashion similar to shown in post #1

everybody will chip in with his opinion.
============================================

Do not start with dispensing testosterone.

RPHMark

Awards
You will find a wealth of information from these guys. Dr. John is great, be sure to read the sticky posts to start with.

Dr. Lats

Awards
My dad got bloodwork a few weeks back. The only number I remember was his testosterone and it was in the 300 range...low...

He went to the VA and I think they have a tendancy to not really give a ****, as they said his levels were normal.

What do you guys think about doing a little cycle of 6 oxo and long jack, in the meantime, while we are sorting out HRT options??

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
My dad got bloodwork a few weeks back. The only number I remember was his testosterone and it was in the 300 range...low...

He went to the VA and I think they have a tendancy to not really give a ****, as they said his levels were normal.

What do you guys think about doing a little cycle of 6 oxo and long jack, in the meantime, while we are sorting out HRT options??

No to oxo and Long Jack.
It is not going to help him,
you are going to use up yours and you Father's good will.

You are his son, I would expect my son to do some work for me that actually counts.
Do not start talking about money, some of OD's are doing half/pro-bono work, they take only what they get from insurance and do not ask for patient's share, so it cost you nothing, just ask (discretily).

Get him good doctor, look via compounding pharmacy's refering doctors, see post #56

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html#post996019

then, get his blood levels per dr Nick Delgado recomendations, post #58

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/70897-guest-lecturer-ii-6.html#post991716
I will also suggest that aging is going to include a decline of hormones,
within genetic differences, expect to augment back Testosterone,
I keep mime and my clients under doctors monitoring,
around 1000 to 1,200 ng/ml Total T,
and Free T at upper range of 200 to 300 (or 20 to 40 pg/mldepending on the nomenclature)
Aldosterone is best at 10 to 40 ug/24 hr,
IGF-1 around 250 to 400 ng/ml.
DHT 60 to 70 ng/dl,
DHEA 300 ug/dl,
insulin under 5,
SHBG 10 to 30 nmol/l,
Estradiol 35 pg/ml,
with about 20 (2OHE) to 1 -16aOHE.

---------------------------------------------------
Hold those numbers for a year at above levels and then let's talk about tweaking to get better.
If you go that high on e2, remember to watch 2/16 ratio and keep working on it.