Uric Acid level

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%

Uric Acid level

ever since i started TRT my uric acid has been highest ever. over past 3yrs it has always been well under 1.3(high end range) and now it is at 1.7. is their any foods i could eat, or a natural supplement that could help lower these levels. also my bilirubin has raised to just above normal since TRT, but im pretty sure its the increased RBC from the TRT. as for everything else i couldnt be happier with how im feeling, test level are steady in the 700 range, and im eating very healthy.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Are you overweight or hypothyroid?
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.56%

Quote Originally Posted by ms84 View Post
    ever since i started TRT my uric acid has been highest ever. over past 3yrs it has always been well under 1.3(high end range) and now it is at 1.7. is their any foods i could eat, or a natural supplement that could help lower these levels. also my bilirubin has raised to just above normal since TRT, but im pretty sure its the increased RBC from the TRT. as for everything else i couldnt be happier with how im feeling, test level are steady in the 700 range, and im eating very healthy.
    What are they measured in, mg/dl or mmol/L?

Strenuous exercise can cause mild elevations.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%

i am hypothyroid and on synthroid 100mcg/day, i also did ask if exercise could raise uric levels b/c i read they could, but he said no. dont remember if it was mg/dl or what, it was just above the reference range.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.69%

i am hypothyroid and on synthroid 100mcg/day, i also did ask if exercise could raise uric levels b/c i read they could, but he said no. dont remember if it was mg/dl or what, it was just above the reference range.
    Have you thought of switching to Armour.
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%

i talked to my doctor about that and he wouldnt go for it. he said i would devlope tolerances to it and have to keep raising my dose. im still nervous about pushing him to far, as i know TRT isnt widely accepted and im so young.
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.56%

i also did ask if exercise could raise uric levels b/c i read they could, but he said no.
    On that he is wrong.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.24%

It can be caused from hypothyroidism, so if you get that sorted out properly I bet the levels will return to normal.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.43%

You may want to consider using a cherry tart extract. While it may not address the root cause, the extract is pretty effective at reducing uric acid levels.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.22%

You could try an anti-gout diet - avoid purine-rich foods.
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.69%

Quote Originally Posted by the Cardinal View Post
    You may want to consider using a cherry tart extract. While it may not address the root cause, the extract is pretty effective at reducing uric acid levels.
    http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Tart-Cherry-Extract

NSI Tart Cherry Extract -- 465 mg - 120 Capsules Our price: $9.44

Description
    May benefit joint health!
    Provides antioxidant protection against free radicals.

How Does NSI® Tart Cherry Extract work?
    Tart cherries, grown throughout the U.S., with Michigan producing up to 75% of the nation's supply, are being increasingly recognized for benefits such as promoting joint health and providing antioxidant protection from free radicals.
    Tart cherries contain compounds called anthocyanins, which are natural pigments that provide fruits and vegetables with their attractive, bright colors. Anthocyanins are flavonoids known for their antioxidant activity. They work to scavenge and destroy altered oxygen molecules in the body called free radicals. Free radicals are associated with aging and the development of health complications.

Anthocyanins have also been found to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. One study, published in the Journal of Natural Products, showed that anthocyanins in tart cherries inhibited two enzymes, COX-1 and COX-2, that play a role in the body's production of prostaglandins, which are natural chemicals involved in the inflammatory process. Another study, conducted by researchers at Johns Hopkins and Michigan State University, showed that anthocyanins were able to reduce pain and swelling related to inflammation in ratsą.

Tart cherries are also a rich source of melatonin. Besides helping regulate the body's sleep cycle, melatonin is an antioxidant that's able to break through the brain barrier and provide direct antioxidant protection to the delicate structures within brain cells. Melatonin is believed to have strong neuroprotective properties, promoting brain health throughout the aging process.

NSI® Tart Cherry Extract contains 465 mg of tart cherry extract, standardized to 5% flavonoids per one-capsule serving. Taking one capsule is about the equivalent of consuming one cup of pure cherry juice or a quarter-pound of fresh tart cherries.

NSI® Tart Cherry Extract is better because it:

Allows you to experience the benefits of tart cherries without eating excessive amounts of the fruit or juice.
    Is standardized, so you receive the same potent dose of flavonoids in each capsule.
  12. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.75%

i have another appt. with him on the 16th for a checkup, and i will carefully ask again we try armour. all of the other symptoms i was experiencing have gone, and even energy is better, but i know i can feel better.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.43%

I vote with Doc - at least the stuff tastes good!

From PubMed:

1: J Nutr. 2003 Jun;133(6):1826-9. Links
    Consumption of cherries lowers plasma urate in healthy women.Jacob RA, Spinozzi GM, Simon VA, Kelley DS, Prior RL, Hess-Pierce B, Kader AA.
    U.S. Department of Agriculture/ARS Western Human Nutrition Research Center, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA. rjacob@whnrc.usda.gov

To assess the physiologic effects of cherry consumption, we measured plasma urate, antioxidant and inflammatory markers in 10 healthy women who consumed Bing sweet cherries. The women, age 22-40 y, consumed two servings (280 g) of cherries after an overnight fast. Blood and urine samples were taken before the cherry dose, and at 1.5, 3 and 5 h postdose. Plasma urate decreased 5 h postdose, mean +/- SEM = 183 +/- 15 micro mol/L compared with predose baseline of 214 +/- 13 micro mol/L (P < 0.05). Urinary urate increased postdose, with peak excretion of 350 +/- 33 micro mol/mmol creatinine 3 h postdose compared with 202 +/- 13 at baseline (P < 0.01). Plasma C-reactive protein (CRP) and nitric oxide (NO) concentrations had decreased marginally 3 h postdose (P < 0.1), whereas plasma albumin and tumor necrosis factor-alpha were unchanged. The vitamin C content of the cherries was solely as dehydroascorbic acid, but postdose increases in plasma ascorbic acid indicated that dehydroascorbic acid in fruits is bioavailable as vitamin C. The decrease in plasma urate after cherry consumption supports the reputed anti-gout efficacy of cherries. The trend toward decreased inflammatory indices (CRP and NO) adds to the in vitro evidence that compounds in cherries may inhibit inflammatory pathways.

PMID: 12771324 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.28%

Pure cranberry juice will help too.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

excess vitamin C , molybdenum or copper imbalances will raise uric aicd,
    Common with gout, diabetes too

Similar Forum Threads

1. NEED INPUT - ELEVATED BUN, URINE URIC ACID
    By mcs5309 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 01:01 PM
  2. URIC ACID - are supplements f***ing me?
    By yamalajatt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 04:00 AM
  3. Uric Acid
    By mrchristian in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 07:53 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 09:01 PM
  5. lowering ph levels with organic acid?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 04:32 PM