contstipated.. - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

contstipated..

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. EIC
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post

i MAY NOT have been getting enough fat in a day??

phats
    If so, it is ironic considering your nickname.

One more thought to add to the whole constipation puzzle, which I can't believe I forgot earlier: DO NOT OVERLOOK THE POWER OF REAL SAUERKRAUT.

I buy raw sauerkraut from Rejuvevantive Foods. It comes in a little jar that has blue, purple, and pink on it (manly, I know). For those who don't know, saurkraut is made from fermented cabbage. Cabbage, like broccoli, is a cruciferious vegetable and hence has all the estrogen-blocking benefits that we've come to associate with DIM.

Here is the thing, though: Cooking crucifers apparently destroys much of the 13C/DIM therein. On the other hand, eating them completely raw can cause thyroid issues. But when you ferment the vegetables, you neutralize the substances that cause thyroid issues but leave the 13C/DIM intact. As such, sauerkraut seems to be the ticket for those looking to obtain a lot of the anti-estrogenic effects from food.

As for constipation, sauerkraut is loaded with healthy probiotics, enzymes, and fiber. All of which combines to help tremendiously with passing stool. I believe that sauerkraut has been the ticket for me when it comes to the mile-long dumps. Without this stuff it is easy for me to become quite bloated and irregular. Obviously, being irregular and bloated is a bad thing when it comes to endocrine function since our bowels are a huge part of the estrogen-elimination process.

I highly recommend that you guys check this stuff out. It is a winner on all accounts. The only real downside is that the taste is probably going to have to be acquired for most of you and no one will want to sit next to/talk to you when you eat it.

2. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by EIC View Post
    Not sure whether you were addressing this to me or the original poster, but I take Primal Defense by Garden of Life. I recommend getting it online as the price can get pretty out of control in stores.
    How much do you pay for Primal Defense?

It cost me $36.38 from LEF

Primal Defense, 900 Mg 90 Caps Garden Of Life

How much and how often do you eat raw sauerkraut?

Is there anything special in Rejuvevantive Foods brand?

Raw sauercraut is easier to eat when mixed with little sugar, shreded carrots and apple.

Or drink the juce, easy to aquire the taste.
    -----------------

How to make kimchi using cabbage or sauercraut, may make it more palatable for some?
    ============================== ==============
    Sauerkraut is finely sliced cabbage fermented by various lactic acid bacteria including Leuconostoc, Lactobacillus, and Pediococcus.[1][2] It has good keeping qualities and a distinctive sour flavour, both of which result from the lactic acid that forms when bacteria ferment the sugars in the fresh cabbage.

Sauerkraut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. EIC
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    How much do you pay for Primal Defense?

It cost me $36.38 from LEF

Primal Defense, 900 Mg 90 Caps Garden Of Life
    I get mine at Vitacost.com. The same 90-cap bottle from LEF costs only $25.00 at Vitacost. In the stores that bottle costs $45!

How much and how often do you eat raw sauerkraut?

Is there anything special in Rejuvevantive Foods brand?

Raw sauercraut is easier to eat when mixed with little sugar, shreded carrots and apple.

Or drink the juce, easy to aquire the taste.
    -----------------

How to make kimchi using cabbage or sauercraut, may make it more palatable for some?
    I eat probably 1/4 to 1/2 of the Rejuvenative Foods jar a day. I don't know how much that is because I finished the jar the other day and threw it away.

I like the Rejuvenative Foods brand because it is the only one I found that makes the sauerkraut with bacteria and does not sour it by using vinegar or salt. It is the real deal. Funny you ask about kimchi becasue that same company makes a kimchi version. I haven't tried it yet because that is supposed to be super spicy and I am too much of a puss for that.
    •   

4. Professional Member

I get mine at Vitacost.com. The same 90-cap bottle from LEF costs only $25.00 at Vitacost. In the stores that bottle costs $45!

I eat probably 1/4 to 1/2 of the Rejuvenative Foods jar a day. I don't know how much that is because I finished the jar the other day and threw it away.

I like the Rejuvenative Foods brand because it is the only one I found that makes the sauerkraut with bacteria and does not sour it by using vinegar or salt. It is the real deal. Funny you ask about kimchi becasue that same company makes a kimchi version. I haven't tried it yet because that is supposed to be super spicy and I am too much of a puss for that.
    Not all kimchis are spicy.

You got me thinking, I will have to go to Korean Food Store.

Rejuvenative Foods - Nut Butters & Cultured Vegetables

How do you buy, this store delivers in South Florida only.
    ---------------------------
    Too bad my Mom recently passed away, she could have told me how to do it.
    Way back in Poland, my parents had a little farm.
    They had ceramic crock, about 3' dia and 3' high
    They made sourkraut in it.
    We ate it all winter.
    I forgot how they started it.
    It was real simple thats for sure, probably just tightly packed shreded cabbage, little water (if any) salt and time.
    Possibly with some additives one could accelerate the process.
    --------------
    Nothing agains my Mom, her sourkraut was good, but my uncle's saurekraut always tasted different.
    He must have used different kind of cabbage.
    ============================== ============================== ===
    Make your own Sauerkraut
    http://learningstore.uwex.edu/pdf/B2087.pdf
    Two points,
    can't made sauerkraut with iodised salt
    Sauerkraut bought in the store was probably heated.

I think kimchi's I saw in korean store had only few days longevity, because they were totally natural.

Sauerkraut at my parents was in the same crock until we finished eating it few months latter.
  5. Banned

[

top it off with this (Polish answer to digestive problems).
    Carefull,
    the polish have a strange way of doing things, like holding in lightbulb firm and having friends spin them around to screw them in.
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    !

Eaten a lot of beaver, too.
    Oh Ive dove head first into more beaver than i can remember.

Its dam tasty
  7. EIC
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.

Not all kimchis are spicy.

You got me thinking, I will have to go to Korean Food Store.

Rejuvenative Foods - Nut Butters & Cultured Vegetables

How do you buy, this store delivers in South Florida only.
    ---------------------------
    Too bad my Mom recently passed away, she could have told me how to do it.
    Way back in Poland, my parents had a little farm.
    They had ceramic crock, about 3' dia and 3' high
    They made sourkraut in it.
    We ate it all winter.
    I forgot how they started it.
    It was real simple thats for sure, probably just tightly packed shreded cabbage, little water (if any) salt and time.
    Possibly with some additives one could accelerate the process.
    --------------
    Nothing agains my Mom, her sourkraut was good, but my uncle's saurekraut always tasted different.
    He must have used different kind of cabbage.
    ============================== ============================== ===
    Make your own Sauerkraut
    http://learningstore.uwex.edu/pdf/B2087.pdf
    Two points,
    can't made sauerkraut with iodised salt
    Sauerkraut bought in the store was probably heated.

I think kimchi's I saw in korean store had only few days longevity, because they were totally natural.

Sauerkraut at my parents was in the same crock until we finished eating it few months latter.
    I get mine from health food stores. I've only been to one health food store in the last 8 months that did NOT have it. Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Akins, Jimbos, etc. all should have it. It is refrigerated and often by the dairy or juices.

You're probably right about the kimchis. However, the RF kimchi is en fuego for sure. Too much for me, thanks.

Making my own would be cool, but the RF variety does everything I want. Plus any extra time I have to make foods is currently devoted to making kefir using real kefir grains and raw milk. It is a labor of love.
  8. EIC
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Oh Ive dove head first into more beaver than i can remember.

Its dam tasty
    I definitely wanted to post a similar reply, but thought: "Nah, its just too easy." And then you, PC, had to come along and do it. I love it.
  9. New Member

Phat, My 2 cents:
    Increase fiber (soft stools and difficulty wiping are signs of too little fiber)
    Probiotic supplement (I use GR8 dophilus from NOW)
    More water (if you have "Nuggets" probably due to being dry)
    Watch dairy, one of the main culprits for slowing things down.
    Fish oil seems to help everything, constipation included
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

I would highly recommend some apples for breakfast and up your water intake.

Apples ( royal gala ) do wonders for me an honestly it's like I eat one and twenty minutes boom! in the washroom

Hope this helps,

NEoborn
  11. New Member

mmm, love royal gala... doesnt fit in the keto diet right now... like i say guts are a bit better with all this fat.....

i drink LOADS of water...no worries there....NONE

phats
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

I was just reading this thing on Bowtrol. It's a colon cleansing therapy, perhaps look into that? I'm gonna in the next little while.
  13. New Member

When you say your thyroid is okay..
    what is your TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 at?

Is your diet helping yet? Fiber + water seem to be what helps the most for me.
  14. New Member

TSH 2.12
    free T3 was 5.8 (2-6 i think)
    free t4?? doc didnt give me it

high fat diet, my guts are pretty bloody good..or lack of carbs...no bloat, or gas!!
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
    TSH 2.12
    free T3 was 5.8 (2-6 i think)
    free t4?? doc didnt give me it

high fat diet, my guts are pretty bloody good..or lack of carbs...no bloat, or gas!!
    High fat diet cause inuslin resistance and fatty liver !! BEEN THERE DID THAT DONE THAT. REduces t4 to t3 conversion over time and causes mineral deficeincy Fats binds with calcium and magneisum, zinc, copper, ect..
  16. New Member

Its Always Something Isnt....lol
  17. Senior Member

ever thought you might have a gluten insensitivity...and thus the keto or no carbs is just feeling better because you are getting rid of a trigger.

a lot of people with hormonal issues, or immune problems as well as constipation/diarhea do better without gluten, even if your not full blown celiac disease.
  18. EIC
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    High fat diet cause inuslin resistance and fatty liver !! BEEN THERE DID THAT DONE THAT. REduces t4 to t3 conversion over time and causes mineral deficeincy Fats binds with calcium and magneisum, zinc, copper, ect..
    I'm not sure about this. Do you have some supporting authority for this conclusion? My understanding is that carbohydrate, not fat, consumption leads to insulin resistance and fatty liver. The problem is surely triglycerides, but problems with triglycerides stem from carbohydrates, not fat consumption alone. If anything, a high fat diet would increase insulin sensitivity since the body, now tuned to run primarily on lipids, would preferentially store carbohydrate as glycogen and would need less insulin to do it due to the body's "thirst" for it.

I'm also not sure about fat binding with minerals. I've only ever heard of phytic acid (again in carbohydrate-laden grains) binding with minerals like magnesium and zinc. Support?
  19. Registered User

I'm not sure about this. Do you have some supporting authority for this conclusion? My understanding is that carbohydrate, not fat, consumption leads to insulin resistance and fatty liver. The problem is surely triglycerides, but problems with triglycerides stem from carbohydrates, not fat consumption alone. If anything, a high fat diet would increase insulin sensitivity since the body, now tuned to run primarily on lipids, would preferentially store carbohydrate as glycogen and would need less insulin to do it due to the body's "thirst" for it.

I'm also not sure about fat binding with minerals. I've only ever heard of phytic acid (again in carbohydrate-laden grains) binding with minerals like magnesium and zinc. Support?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...t=AbstractPlus
  20. EIC
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.

First of all, let me say that using rats is somewhat questionable as it is not clear that rat diets are similar to human diets. This is key because if rats are not intended to live off of protein and fat, as I believe humans are, then it wouldn't be surprising to see that such things muck up their systems. It is as questionable as testing the lipid hypothesis of cardiovascular disease on rabbits (which it was).

That being said, I read that study as supporting exactly what I'm saying.

"Therefore, in skeletal muscle of rats, 1) feeding a diet high in fat induces a reduction in insulin-stimulated glucose uptake but 2) provides an increase in basal glucose uptake."

So glucose uptake into skeletal muscle increased, but insulin-dependent glucose uptake decreased in the high-fat diet. This means that more glucose found its way into the muscles but that less insulin was needed to get it there. In other words, insulin sensitivity increased. We'd expect the exact opposite if the high-fat diet increased insulin resistance (i.e., less glucose in muscle and more insulin needed to get in there).

Other pertinent statements:

"2-deoxyglucose uptake in HF-mixed-fed rats did not differ from that in HCHO-fed rats (P > 0.05)."

"Glucose tolerance was significantly reduced in HF-saff-fed rats but was unaffected by the HF-mixed diet."

"Insulin-stimulated 3-O-methylglucose uptake into perfused hindlimb muscles was reduced in rats fed HF-saff and HF-mixed diets compared with those fed HCHO diet (P < 0.02)."

Again, it looks like the same amount of glucose found its way into muscles in the mixed high-fat diet, but that less insulin was needed to get it there. This does not, in my mind, spell "insuling resistance." This strikes me as the ideal situation: Plenty of glucose in the muscles, but little insulin output. Sign me up!
  21. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with this as it makes no sense. Fat build up as well as arterial plaque are formed in the presence of to much insulin as a result of elevated Blood Sugar, not in the absence of it.

Cellular resistance is caused by too much of something that results in dulling the receptors over time.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

I think cordyceps is supposed to be bad for candida. would anyone advise a 3 day, low carb diet with lotsw of cordyceps and healthy vegetables?
  •