- 07-31-2007, 06:40 PM
I just had my cortisol tested and it came back at 17 range 4-50.
This was a 24 hour urine test and I feel generally lousy.
Shouldnt cortisol be in the upper 1/3 of the range.....ie above 36 when the range is 4-50?
My dr says this is "normal" but she lost my confidence when she said hello.
- 07-31-2007, 06:43 PM
A person with a messed estrogen metabolism may actually cause cortisol levels to actually drop due to interference in cortisol doing its job at receptor sites. Check CBHG (cortical binding hormone globulin). Few people found theres elevated even on e2 of 40, estrones slightly elevated kind od scarey I say..Just saying look for reason why cortisol is low or what could be interfering with it cellularly..
07-31-2007, 07:59 PM
07-31-2007, 08:17 PM
07-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks Hard...that is my concern. stress is absolutely devastating to me at this point. It gives me a level of fatigue that is almost beyond explanation. And it takes days to recover from that fatigue.
I am taking Isocort...4 pills twice per day...guess it aint workin.
08-01-2007, 11:33 AM
08-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I am doing all of that and am also taking adrenal essence and drenatrophin.
Cortef is expensive...about $90 per month and when I did take it it didnt seem to noticeably help.
08-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By conversekidz in forum Training ForumReplies: 48Last Post: 05-28-2003, 02:14 AM
- By LakeMountD in forum Weight LossReplies: 14Last Post: 03-18-2003, 11:34 AM
- By JohnGafnea in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:46 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2003, 08:11 PM
- By syko in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 02-06-2003, 07:27 PM