Cortisol Range.....

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I just had my cortisol tested and it came back at 17 range 4-50.

This was a 24 hour urine test and I feel generally lousy.

Shouldnt cortisol be in the upper 1/3 of the range.....ie above 36 when the range is 4-50?

My dr says this is "normal" but she lost my confidence when she said hello.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I just had my cortisol tested and it came back at 17 range 4-50.

This was a 24 hour urine test and I feel generally lousy.

Shouldnt cortisol be in the upper 1/3 of the range.....ie above 36 when the range is 4-50?

My dr says this is "normal" but she lost my confidence when she said hello.
Have you checked estrogens because they can put a damper on e2 production and also binding to cortisol receptors ..
A person with a messed estrogen metabolism may actually cause cortisol levels to actually drop due to interference in cortisol doing its job at receptor sites. Check CBHG (cortical binding hormone globulin). Few people found theres elevated even on e2 of 40, estrones slightly elevated kind od scarey I say..Just saying look for reason why cortisol is low or what could be interfering with it cellularly..

spinn

Awards
  • Established
so that is a yes?

cortisol should be in the upper 1/3rd of the range?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
so that is a yes?

cortisol should be in the upper 1/3rd of the range?
You want the highest possible..upper 1/3 wouild be good. more you have more likely you can handle a given stress at a specific time..

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Hard...that is my concern. stress is absolutely devastating to me at this point. It gives me a level of fatigue that is almost beyond explanation. And it takes days to recover from that fatigue.

I am taking Isocort...4 pills twice per day...guess it aint workin.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Hard...that is my concern. stress is absolutely devastating to me at this point. It gives me a level of fatigue that is almost beyond explanation. And it takes days to recover from that fatigue.

I am taking Isocort...4 pills twice per day...guess it aint workin.
If you doing Isocort try to do them every 4 hrs. taking the most first thing in the morning if you have a lot of fatigue first thing in the morning take 4 pills with milk or food then after 4 hrs do 2 pills = 5mgs of Cortisol and at dinner do 2 pills. You need to support your Adrenals if your have a bad day or you get upset and feel weak and shaky like you need to lie down then stress dose with 2 extra pills it this does not help then your need cortef. Also take Vit. C, a B- comp.vit. to help support your adrenals.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I am doing all of that and am also taking adrenal essence and drenatrophin.

Cortef is expensive...about $90 per month and when I did take it it didnt seem to noticeably help.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I am doing all of that and am also taking adrenal essence and drenatrophin.

Cortef is expensive...about $90 per month and when I did take it it didnt seem to noticeably help.
90 a month thats about right being 35-45 for 20 pills of 10 mgs cortef