Online lab for bloodwork?

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Awards
I'm looking to have some bloodwork done (Test, T+F, etc), and was hoping to be able to go through an online lab instead of dealing with my doctor/insurance. Can anyone recommend a reliable one? I have come across healthcheckusa, labsafe, and quest, but quest I think still requires a doc. Any info would be great.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking to have some bloodwork done (Test, T+F, etc), and was hoping to be able to go through an online lab instead of dealing with my doctor/insurance. Can anyone recommend a reliable one? I have come across healthcheckusa, labsafe, and quest, but quest I think still requires a doc. Any info would be great.
http://www.lef.org/bloodtest/
sells blood work scripts.
They have to be done at LabCorp.

From time to time they have a sale and prices are dropped.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I've used Directlabs.com a few times.

I think Direct Labs is a pretty good outfit. Except for member rates through LEF, their prices, for the most part, are the lowest out there, and they return results promptly.

LEF is probably the least expensive for self-ordered tests, but they are incredibly inefficient.

wondering

Awards
I don't think running labs with the intention of acting on findings without a Drs. guidance is a prudent course of action.

ESPECIALLY if this course of action includes obtaining supplements that require a prescription. Legal issues come into play here as well.

If this is the case then this thread has no business of being in this forum.

Dr. Crisler and other moderators have warned against this as well.

---

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't think running labs with the intention of acting on findings without a Drs. guidance is a prudent course of action.

ESPECIALLY if this course of action includes obtaining supplements that require a prescription. Legal issues come into play here as well.

---
Maybe he justs wants to have a few tests done to see if its worth going threw the hassle of even trying to find a Dr?

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Awards
That was not at all the case. I asked my doc about blood testing, and including testing test levels, and he said it might be very expensive, and possibly not covered by insurance. I'm looking to get the testing done on my own, and if everything is normal, thats it, end of story and I'm happy. If things come back not so great, I'll go push the doc to get the formal testing done to seek answers/cures. I don't know how my original post would lead to conclusions about obtaining illegal supplements. That was not my intention. Thanks to the people that replied with info. I'll look into those places.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

---

Wondering;

Thank you for your vigilance in protecting the forum's integrity. With respect, however, I diagree that the thread has no place on this forum. As far as I know, Dr. Crisler has never warned against self-ordered labs. He does often offer correction when he believes that a forum participant is interpreting his own or someone else's lab findings incorrectly.

He himself is affiliated with Life Extention Foundation (LEF), which actively promotes self-ordered blood testing as a means for individuals to maintain a high level of health and well-being.

Last edited: