perfect thyriod i guess

nallepuh

Awards
So my new tests came back and shows following.

testosterone total: 14 (10-30)
shgb 45 (20-50)
TSH 1.7 (0.4-3.5)
free t4 16 (8-14)
free t3 4.8 (3.5-5.4)
glukos 5.8 (4.0-6.0)
kortisol 394 (200-800 in the morning)

Bunch of other tests came back smack in the middle of everything. Dident test for bio T this time. Guess they know its gonna be whacked and dont trust the test completely according to doc.

I was hoping on thyriod to be off since fatigue and poor digestion, stomach issues are my main concern apart fram libido haha. But i guess thyriod is more or less perfect even with slightly elevated free t4.

I dont have many cards left to play but next on agenda is a hospital section close by that specializes in male fertility and hypogonadism took me 5 docs to even find out they existed. Hopefully they will let me try some kind of trt that actually makes my T goes up, even if i felt good on gel Total and bio T stayed the same on 50 mg a day so that could be why i had chest issues i guess. Scheduled in 1 month from now. Wish me luck

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, I think your issues are probably cortisol related, as well as testosterone. Cortisol ideally would be higher as the range is a bit screwy and its first thing in the morning. Also, fatigue, and stomach issues are two of the major telltale signs...both of which I have with my cortisol problems.

Still, does not look too bad. Urine tests would be helpful there. If your exercising, id take a 2 week de-load, rest up, get a lot of sleep...maybe add in some adrenal glandulars and some adaptogens and see how you feel.

All that while working on improving the T levels. Your lucky though to have good thyroid.

nallepuh

Awards
To be honest, I think your issues are probably cortisol related, as well as testosterone. Cortisol ideally would be higher as the range is a bit screwy and its first thing in the morning. Also, fatigue, and stomach issues are two of the major telltale signs...both of which I have with my cortisol problems.

Still, does not look too bad. Urine tests would be helpful there. If your exercising, id take a 2 week de-load, rest up, get a lot of sleep...maybe add in some adrenal glandulars and some adaptogens and see how you feel.

All that while working on improving the T levels. Your lucky though to have good thyroid.
thx for feedback.

I dont excersise anymore i dont have the energy to do more than the ocasional ride on my bicycles. I use to be bikemessenger and did 100-150 km / weekday so its kind of a drastic change in terms of energy/stamina in just 18 months. I dont feel lucky but yr right it could be alot worse so have to keep spirit high :) Planning to properly test kortisol and aldosterone and also to check for e1,e3 this time as my e2 is damn low but still got gyno worries. thx for tip.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

shgb 45 (20-50)
TSH 1.7 (0.4-3.5)
free t4 16 (8-14)
free t3 4.8 (3.5-5.4)
glukos 5.8 (4.0-6.0)

Bunch of other tests came back smack in the middle of everything. Dident test for bio T this time. Guess they know its gonna be whacked and dont trust the test completely according to doc.

I was hoping on thyriod to be off since fatigue and poor digestion, stomach issues are my main concern apart fram libido haha. But i guess thyriod is more or less perfect even with slightly elevated free t4.

I dont have many cards left to play but next on agenda is a hospital section close by that specializes in male fertility and hypogonadism took me 5 docs to even find out they existed. Hopefully they will let me try some kind of trt that actually makes my T goes up, even if i felt good on gel Total and bio T stayed the same on 50 mg a day so that could be why i had chest issues i guess. Scheduled in 1 month from now. Wish me luck
Do you have any other tests?
You may want to post everything in one post.

You may want to consider my list for blood testing.
Possibly shorter way to figure out what is wrong, rather than do things on piece meal basis.
Prolongs agony.
Post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

and speaking about your FreeT3, and numbers game;
=1-(4.8-3.5)/(5.4-3.5)=0.32
you are 32% from the top, not that bad, but can be improved, we are shooting for the top.

nallepuh

Awards
Do you have any other tests?
You may want to post everything in one post.

You may want to consider my list for blood testing.
Possibly shorter way to figure out what is wrong, rather than do things on piece meal basis.
Prolongs agony.
Post #44
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13-2.html

and speaking about your FreeT3, and numbers game;
=1-(4.8-3.5)/(5.4-3.5)=0.32
you are 32% from the top, not that bad, but can be improved, we are shooting for the top.
Ill do a log thread for the future when i have the time and include all my testing from 18 month back in that so i/we have everything in one place.

I dont want to take medication if its not an absolute nessesity so ill seattle for having a good but not exellent thyriod function for the time, if issues dont resolve when adding Test and possible adrenal meds (hc/florinef) if required, ill try some armour. But for now hoping i wont have too.

Since my shbg is allrdy so high i think it could be a bad idea supplementing armour or t4 meds at this point, considering thyriod looks good allrdy.

I have yr list in mind when seeing doc in a month. I know he will not agree to em all as per yr list but hoping for: e1,e2,e3, progesterone, dht, aldosterone and kortisol in 24h urine possibly renin too (if not always included when testing for aldosterone?) and then the usuall testosterone tests aswell.

thx cheers

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I would redo this test doing the following.
* TSH
* Free T4 and Free T3 (note the word “free”)
* Thyroid Antibodies (anti-TPO and TgAb. YOU NEED BOTH.)
* Ferritin (and do stress FERRITIN, not just RBC)
* Adrenals Cortisol levels (but we strongly recommend saliva tests, not the one time blood test your doctor will do. See below, because you don’t need a prescription)
* B-12, estradiol, DHEA
* Reverse T3
Higher T4 can mean your Anti's are attacking your thyroid.

shgb 45 (20-50)
TSH 1.7 (0.4-3.5)
free t4 16 (8-14)
free t3 4.8 (3.5-5.4)
glukos 5.8 (4.0-6.0)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I would redo this test doing the following.
* TSH
* Free T4 and Free T3 (note the word “free”)
* Thyroid Antibodies (anti-TPO and TgAb. YOU NEED BOTH.)
* Ferritin (and do stress FERRITIN, not just RBC)
* Adrenals Cortisol levels (but we strongly recommend saliva tests, not the one time blood test your doctor will do. See below, because you don’t need a prescription)
* B-12, estradiol, DHEA
* Reverse T3
Higher T4 can mean your Anti's are attacking your thyroid.
And what do you do in that case?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Take enough Armour to shut down your TSH and they stop.
Assuming that he will take enough Armour so his
FreeT=top of the range

where do you think his FreeT4 will go, being that right now
free t4 16 (8-14)
is over the range.

nallepuh

Awards
thx for info guys, doc dident even suggest this test to me!

Assuming this is the case with me, would this also explain symptoms (digestion issues, fatigue) of thyriod issues even tho actuall hormones seem to be in an ok amount?

Im guessing it would explain my swollen lymph glands in my neck?

My story is begining to look like a marketing campaign for yr way of testing janZ :D if i would have done it all at once i wouldent have to keep chasing my tail.. If was up to me i would have done it but its goverment money so docs are trying to do the minimum i guess.

appreciate the input.

Cheers

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
thx for info guys, doc dident even suggest this test to me!

Assuming this is the case with me, would this also explain symptoms (digestion issues, fatigue) of thyriod issues even tho actuall hormones seem to be in an ok amount?

Im guessing it would explain my swollen lymph glands in my neck?

My story is begining to look like a marketing campaign for yr way of testing janZ :D if i would have done it all at once i wouldent have to keep chasing my tail.. If was up to me i would have done it but its goverment money so docs are trying to do the minimum i guess.

appreciate the input.

Cheers
You have said it.

With your swolen neck glands, look for inflamation process somewhere.

Make sure that you do the risk factors part of my list.

nallepuh

Awards
You have said it.

With your swolen neck glands, look for inflamation process somewhere.

Make sure that you do the risk factors part of my list.
How much does TSH change through out the day/weeks etc?
Considering my tsh was 1.0 just 2 months ago and today is 1.7 im curious if this is a sign/reaction to possibly increased antibodies and thyriod have to work harder to keep up the amount of thyriodhormones? or could TSH change that much from day2day?

Also since i have a high shbg and high free t4 im guessing its a good chance i also have high Thyriod Binding Globulin. If so couldent i have a really high total t4 and t3? Wouldent this be 1 of the rare situations where a total t4 total t3 would be a good test to do beside the free versions?
If lucky maybe lowering thyriod output could help bring down both shbg and tbg and free up some much needed testosterone without causing a shortage of free thyriod hormones.
Its interesting that so few factors can present so many different scenarios.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Considering my tsh was 1.0 just 2 months ago and today is 1.7 im curious if this is a sign/reaction to possibly increased antibodies and thyriod have to work harder to keep up the amount of thyriodhormones? or could TSH change that much from day2day?

Also since i have a high shbg and high free t4 im guessing its a good chance i also have high Thyriod Binding Globulin. If so couldent i have a really high total t4 and t3? Wouldent this be 1 of the rare situations where a total t4 total t3 would be a good test to do beside the free versions?
If lucky maybe lowering thyriod output could help bring down both shbg and tbg and free up some much needed testosterone without causing a shortage of free thyriod hormones.
Do not do TSH tests while on Armour.

CF10

CF10

Awards

I dont know how to answer your question but my TSH has been 7.7, 6.1, and most recently 2.5 in a span of a month and a half. I will be getting my antibodies tests back soon to determine hashimoto's or not. But it certainly seems possible with swings like that I think.

nallepuh

Awards
I dont know how to answer your question but my TSH has been 7.7, 6.1, and most recently 2.5 in a span of a month and a half. I will be getting my antibodies tests back soon to determine hashimoto's or not. But it certainly seems possible with swings like that I think.
Yr tsh differed so much without thyriod meds?

CF10

CF10

Awards
Yr tsh differed so much without thyriod meds?
Yep. Well I was put on synthroid but i discontinued it after 5 days because it made me feel like **** and i gained 5 lbs in 5 days on it. The 7.7 and 6.5 labs were pre-synthroid and the 2.5 result occured about two and a half weeks after i took synthroid for those 5 days. It may have influenced it since synthroid takes about 7 days to clear the system, but I doubt it. Antibodies tests will confirm or deny my hashi's suspicions.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yep. Well I was put on synthroid but i discontinued it after 5 days because it made me feel like **** and i gained 5 lbs in 5 days on it. The 7.7 and 6.5 labs were pre-synthroid and the 2.5 result occured about two and a half weeks after i took synthroid for those 5 days. It may have influenced it since synthroid takes about 7 days to clear the system, but I doubt it. Antibodies tests will confirm or deny my hashi's suspicions.
Sound like adrenal fatigue why thyroid was not working. 5 days it take 4-5 weeks for it to build so I do not think it was thyroid causing problem somthing else..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Do not do TSH tests while on Armour.

yeah i know, wont start any kind of treatment b4 i got all relevant tests done. So atleast 5 weeks till i start any meds.
I suspect misunderstanding.

When you are on any medications or supplements keep you routine, use everything that you are using, do not stop or skip any dose, just do not test for TSH, you do not need to know this number it will caue you mental anguish when you try analysing it.
Similarly when you are on Testosterone, stop testing LH and FSH.

There are some exceptions when testing adrenals, best ask doctor for directions.
When second guessing your doctor, in this case check against:

EndoManual_3rdEd_2004
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/EndoManual_3rdEd_2004.pdf

nallepuh

Awards
I suspect misunderstanding.

When you are on any medications or supplements keep you routine, use everything that you are using, do not stop or skip any dose, just do not test for TSH, you do not need to know this number it will caue you mental anguish when you try analysing it.
Similarly when you are on Testosterone, stop testing LH and FSH.

There are some exceptions when testing adrenals, best ask doctor for directions.
When second guessing your doctor, in this case check against:

EndoManual_3rdEd_2004
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/EndoManual_3rdEd_2004.pdf

thx for looking out for me, i knew this gonna test for free t4, t3 if i take any thyriod meds.