Pregnancy question

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is particularly for Dr John, but anyone can chime in :)

My wife wants to have our third child, we have 2 girls so far. Is there anything you can recommend that would help with the odds of child #3 being a male? Moreso in terms of what I can do, we've got the other half covered with ovulation testing, etc. I know its not anti-aging, but i'd like your opinion :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
This is particularly for Dr John, but anyone can chime in :)

My wife wants to have our third child, we have 2 girls so far. Is there anything you can recommend that would help with the odds of child #3 being a male? Moreso in terms of what I can do, we've got the other half covered with ovulation testing, etc. I know its not anti-aging, but i'd like your opinion :)
I started, clumsily to describe how I got my boy, then gogled on "how to conceive boy".

Just about the same method, worked for me 33 years ago.
You are welcome to try it.

How To Conceive a Boy

Do not tell anybody but she was standing on her head within 2 seconds of my orgasm.
I think that is called being determined.

There are other details, read in the link provided.
=============================================

My wife is a charting/reccord keeping freak, she keept records of many aspects of her cycle, definitely plus when using this method of conceiving.
You have to keep you testicles cool (low temp, loose boxers and pants) and rested (not used) until she calls you.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its not up to you, more so her.

Women with higher natural T levels more likely to have boys.

This is proven fact. Lots of info on google.

Lots of OTC supps to help her, preg and dhea and ZMA come to mind.

If you want a boy so bad, why not just adopt one?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
depending on what you want to spend there are clinics that will impregnate her with only male embryos

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depending on what you want to spend there are clinics that will impregnate her with only male embryos
Don't want to do in vitro fertilization, but there are also ones that filter, or do electrostatic separation too :) Those aren't 100%, but they get to upper 80s%

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think that is the one that is in virginia, It runs around $1000 I believe. Spins the sperm and seperates the male from the female.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that is the one that is in virginia, It runs around $1000 I believe. Spins the sperm and seperates the male from the female.
Yeah, they are the more recent one, with better odds. If we lived closer, it might be viable as an option. there were a few other methods, the Ericcson and Microsort, hard to say how well they really work, they dont release good data. We've thought about them tho :)

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Its not up to you, more so her.

Women with higher natural T levels more likely to have boys.

This is proven fact. Lots of info on google.

Lots of OTC supps to help her, preg and dhea and ZMA come to mind.

If you want a boy so bad, why not just adopt one?
Really?? Interesting.

I always thought the woman had only the X chromosome and the sex was dependent on which sperm cell entered the egg. An XY chromosome combination gives you a boy, and the XX combination gives you a girl.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
surprisingly even just making her "environment" more alkaline can help the y sperm make it while the x ones dont.... it may be similar with the T, that its more about the other conditions as they swim effecting which ones hit the goal post.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I have a curiousity question then.

If one could manipulate the outcome of the sex of their child so easily, why are there more women in the world then men? Even in the US, women outnumber the men.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

If one could manipulate the outcome of the sex of their child so easily, why are there more women in the world then men? Even in the US, women outnumber the men.
more men are likely to die at younger ages due to danger of jobs is one reason. beyond that I think there are more birth defects that are fetus threatening that are male specific than female specific.

That plus picking the sex of the child is still considered taboo, so it doesn't get done all that frequently. Plus its expensive. Pricing ranges from $1000-10,000 per attempt.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well good luck either way. Babies are all sweet and cuddly!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My cousin kept trying for a boy until they had 6 girls in a row. They finally gave up..thank goodness. lol

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Might have something to do with the decreasing amount of T seen in women.

As I said before, it is now a proven fact that links T levels on women and boy/girl ratio of children.

FYI, I think its pretty selfish for anyone to dump a grand or more into having a boy when one could easily adopt one and save him from a hellish life of group homes/etc.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might have something to do with the decreasing amount of T seen in women.

As I said before, it is now a proven fact that links T levels on women and boy/girl ratio of children.

FYI, I think its pretty selfish for anyone to dump a grand or more into having a boy when one could easily adopt one and save him from a hellish life of group homes/etc.
Average adoption costs 10k-15k...

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Average adoption costs 10k-15k...
eh, what? From where, china?

Here in Detroit the goverment pays YOU. All kinds of tax breaks, food, school money.

College is FREE for adopted kids. Thats right. Try leveling that one out in 18 years when school WILL be costing nearly 75,000 or more vs FREE.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well yea if your trying to adopt little jimmy the bratty white kid who's teenage mom can't raise him ;)

Open your mind to all races/colors.

When you become a foster parent they pay you.

Just a few things to think about.

Let us not forget about autism on the rise. It is now 1 in 150. Another positive with adoption is you know your child is healthy.

Hey, either way, good luck, its actually nice to see someone who is excited about being a dad.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"A student at Georgia State University named Jonathan Bassett had read implications in the scientific literature that indicated that females with higher Testosterone levels gave birth to more boys than girls.

While this doesn't make much sense off-hand, high levels of Testosterone in fertile females might affect the viability of male and female zygotes after conception.

In any event, Bassett decided to do a study of female trial lawyers — a field typically populated by high-Testosterone females — and beauty queens. Using waist-to-hip ratios, Bassett figured that curvaceous figures might correlate with low levels of Testosterone, and that the sex ratio of their children might differ significantly from that of female trial lawyers.

He was right. Fifty-eight percent of the children of female trial lawyers were boys, while former Miss America's had twice as many daughters than sons.

Want some sons to help you with the farm work? Marry the girl on the next farm who looks like Warren Sapp."

Taken from http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1557428&cr=

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I don't think it's selfish to want to create your own child..that's ridiculous and argues against both basic biology and evolution.

What's selfish is when people KEEP having kids they have no intention to care for and love. Then it's suddenly our problem.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm just looking to increase my odds in the one direction, so that if we end up needing to go for 4 to hit a boy, its still better odds this time + next. my wife would happily have as many as we can afford