Tribulus Terrestris

  1. New Member
    solonjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    109
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

    Tribulus Terrestris


    I took my first capsule of bulgarian tribulus yesterday since my Testo levels are way low 4.19 (with normal range from 4-10). LH is average and FSH is very low as well.

    One hour after i took the 750mg aerial tribulus capsule i was so lethargic and drowsy i felt like hitting the sack. I slept for 10 hours straight and today i woke up feeling worst and more lethargic than yesterday. I thought it was supposed to fill me up with energy not take it away from me. I had a cold bath to stand on my feet but still 3 hours later lethargy and drowsiness is all over. I cant even hold my eyelids open and my body feels sedated.

    Is this some normal initial side effect? Has anyone tried it in the past? I also feel a bit warmer than normal. Im thinking of getting rid of it down the drain

  2. New Member
    n87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    407
    Rep Power
    50241
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    21.44%

    I have tried tribulus terristrius (tribex) for about 4 weeks,
    and didn't have any of the symtoms that you described. Moreover I didn't see any difference at all, my energy level was the same, my libido was the same as before etc. So I stopped taking it.
  3. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4376
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    46.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It doesnt react with hormones, its an aphrodesiac.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    anabolicrhino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    21.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I have used tribulus many times in the past. It is a good tonic for a fatigued libido. I liked it except for one side which was it made my balls hang a bit lower, kind of weird really.

    I think the Divanal (Urtica Dioica) products are a better choice for both freeing up serum testosterone and libido boost!

    I use Activate.

    I also like Aveena Sativa (wild oats)
  5. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1059
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I have tried just about every Tribulus product under the sun. I like the Tribulus made by Twin Lab that comes in the blister pack. With Tribulus most people buy the really crap extract and wonder why they didn't feel anything and then they say that Tribulus is S***. I like it better than nettle extract because nettle lowers my DHT too much. I have blood work done after taking JW (which has a good extract of nettle in it) and my free test was double the high range, but my total test was low at 270 and my DHT was mega low at 17. I had zero libido when this blood draw was taken so, yes nettle will raise free test (a lot), but your DHT is going to take a huge hit, which is fine if you have really high DHT naturally. I really think that DHT is the missing piece for people who are having libido problems. Anyways, back to the Tribulus subject. You just have to get a good brand name with at least 20% Protodioscin in it.
  6. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27398
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    I have tried just about every Tribulus product under the sun. I like the Tribulus made by Twin Lab that comes in the blister pack. With Tribulus most people buy the really crap extract and wonder why they didn't feel anything and then they say that Tribulus is S***. I like it better than nettle extract because nettle lowers my DHT too much. I have blood work done after taking JW (which has a good extract of nettle in it) and my free test was double the high range, but my total test was low at 270 and my DHT was mega low at 17. I had zero libido when this blood draw was taken so, yes nettle will raise free test (a lot), but your DHT is going to take a huge hit, which is fine if you have really high DHT naturally. I really think that DHT is the missing piece for people who are having libido problems. Anyways, back to the Tribulus subject. You just have to get a good brand name with at least 20% Protodioscin in it.

    By taking JW how can you justify claiming it was the nettle? It is not a single ingredient product.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  7. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1059
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    By taking JW how can you justify claiming it was the nettle? It is not a single ingredient product.
    Yeah, I know, but I have had similar results by taking bulk nettle but without the blood work. I probably should not have posted that, but it is well known that Nettle will lower DHT and raise free test right?
  8. New Member
    solonjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    109
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

    Well the reason ive decided to use Tribulus is to increase my low Testo levels and LH stimulation as it is said to do. I am using it as in the past i took finasteride and it really messed my hormones up. Plus last 5 months im trying to recover from some type of heavy sympathetic overtraining. They say it raises the low T levels to an average (for the overtrained or the dieters) but has limited or no effect on the normal T levels.

    Yet, i guess another effect of this tribulus is to slow down my nervous system way too much, since till yesterday i would feel agitated and eager for exercise while after i took it the only thing i wanted to do is sleep. And it has been a night of very low quality sleep, not the one i wanted. Nevertheless today i feel a bit warmer than normaly, like blood flows faster and better through my body but this lethargic feeling is not what i need. Plus i dont have the energy i had yesterday

    Bulgarian tribulus im using has 45% steroidal saponins.
  9. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27398
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    Yeah, I know, but I have had similar results by taking bulk nettle but without the blood work. I probably should not have posted that, but it is well known that Nettle will lower DHT and raise free test right?
    All good bro, just trying to steer things from subjective to objective.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  10. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1059
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by solonjk View Post
    Well the reason ive decided to use Tribulus is to increase my low Testo levels and LH stimulation as it is said to do. I am using it as in the past i took finasteride and it really messed my hormones up. Plus last 5 months im trying to recover from some type of heavy sympathetic overtraining. They say it raises the low T levels to an average (for the overtrained or the dieters) but has limited or no effect on the normal T levels.

    Yet, i guess another effect of this tribulus is to slow down my nervous system way too much, since till yesterday i would feel agitated and eager for exercise while after i took it the only thing i wanted to do is sleep. And it has been a night of very low quality sleep, not the one i wanted. Nevertheless today i feel a bit warmer than normaly, like blood flows faster and better through my body but this lethargic feeling is not what i need. Plus i dont have the energy i had yesterday

    Bulgarian tribulus im using has 45% steroidal saponins.
    Does the label specify the protodioscin content? If not it is probably no good. A lot of people have had tremendous results using the Tribulus from Thermolife, but it is expensive. Tribex is also very good, but it has some other stuff in it like Vitex.
  11. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    57.82%

    Some guy on the lef.org board was claiming it raised his total test from 200 to 1200. I told him that if it did he is the only one in the world. He got all pissed at me.
  12. New Member
    solonjk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    109
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    83.17%

    Well protodioscin is a saponin so it probably means that that 45% has some of it in it.
    Anyways today i feel a lot better, not perfect but at least i got out of bed and felt light and energetic, havent felt like this for 5 months now, so it must have done something, apart from the lethargy.
  13. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1059
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by solonjk View Post
    Well protodioscin is a saponin so it probably means that that 45% has some of it in it.
    Anyways today i feel a lot better, not perfect but at least i got out of bed and felt light and energetic, havent felt like this for 5 months now, so it must have done something, apart from the lethargy.
    The good stuff puts the the proto content on the label. If the cheap stuff is working for you then just stick with that.
  14. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    The good stuff puts the the proto content on the label. If the cheap stuff is working for you then just stick with that.
    You guys do realize that supp companies spike shoddy Trib products with proto right?
  15. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ThermoLife Tribosten, 60 Tablets $24.89


    ThermoLife International is now producing the first tribulus terrestris product to ever contain more than 20% protodioscin.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I have never used this product.
  16. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    bpmartyr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,443
    Rep Power
    27398
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/thermo/trib.html

    ThermoLife Tribosten, 60 Tablets $24.89


    ThermoLife International is now producing the first tribulus terrestris product to ever contain more than 20% protodioscin.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I have never used this product.
    Against board rules to link to anyone but NP.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  17. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1059
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    You guys do realize that supp companies spike shoddy Trib products with proto right?
    Like I said some companies are crap, but I have had awesome results with Trinlabs Tribulus Extreme in the blister packs.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 11:57 PM
  2. A good Tribulus Terrestris
    By AuggieC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
  3. Tribulus terrestris
    By New Body in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 02:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in