More sub-q lab results

  1. New Member
    T800's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    16.82%

    More sub-q lab results


    Unfortunately, Quest either messed this one up or some things have changed about their ranges? I was hoping to be able to keep doing direct comparisons, but this is not the case.

    Both sets of labs were done on Thursday after a Monday injection of Testosterone (with HCG on the previous Sat/Sun).

    Sub-q @ 100mg/week + HCG @ 500iu/week -- 4 weeks in:
    SHBG: 15 (5-49)
    Total T: 633 (241-827)
    Free T: 233 H (34-194)
    Free & Weakly Bound T: 439 H (84-402)
    Estradiol: 18 (13-54)
    LH: <0.1 L (1.5-9.3)
    DHT: 56 (25-75)
    Progesterone: 0.9 (0.6-2.6)
    Pregnenolone: 38 (10-200)
    Free T3: 312 (230-420)
    DHEA-s: 73 L (110-370)
    AM Cortisol: 13.8 (4-22)

    Sub-q @ 120mg/week + HCG @ 450 i/u -- 12 weeks in:
    SHBG: Not tested
    Total T: 899 H (241-827) -- Looks high here
    Total T: 626 (250-1100) -- yep, 2 results??? -- looks mid-range here
    Free T: 182.3 H (35-155)
    % Free T: 2.91 H (1.5-2.2)
    Estradiol: 28 (<= 29) -- different range??
    LH: Not Tested
    DHT: Not Tested (they were supposed to -- left it out)
    Progesterone: Not Tested
    Pregnenolone: 18 (10-200)
    Free T3: 333 (230-420)
    DHEA-s: 71 L (110-370)
    AM Cortisol: 13.1 (4-22)

    When my doc ordered this set of labs, it was basically just a copy of what was ordered for the labs at 4 weeks. For comparison purposes, it's pretty worthless!

    Some other stuff from this lab:
    Hemoglobin: 16.5 (13.2-17.1)
    Hematocrit: 48.6 (38.5-50)
    Red Cell Count: 5.36 (4.2-5.8)
    Cholesterol: 119 L (125-200)
    Triglycerides: 90 (<150)
    VLDL Chol: 18 (5-35)
    LDL Chol: 61 (<130)
    HDL Chol: 40 (>40)
    Chol/HDL Ratio: 3.0 (<= 5.0)

    Sonny

  2. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T800 View Post
    Unfortunately, Quest either messed this one up or some things have changed about their ranges? I was hoping to be able to keep doing direct comparisons, but this is not the case.

    Both sets of labs were done on Thursday after a Monday injection of Testosterone (with HCG on the previous Sat/Sun).

    Sub-q @ 100mg/week + HCG @ 500iu/week -- 4 weeks in:
    SHBG: 15 (5-49)
    Total T: 633 (241-827)
    Free T: 233 H (34-194)
    Free & Weakly Bound T: 439 H (84-402)
    Estradiol: 18 (13-54)
    LH: <0.1 L (1.5-9.3)
    DHT: 56 (25-75)
    Progesterone: 0.9 (0.6-2.6)
    Pregnenolone: 38 (10-200)
    Free T3: 312 (230-420)
    DHEA-s: 73 L (110-370)
    AM Cortisol: 13.8 (4-22)

    Sub-q @ 120mg/week + HCG @ 450 i/u -- 12 weeks in:
    SHBG: Not tested
    Total T: 899 H (241-827) -- Looks high here
    Total T: 626 (250-1100) -- yep, 2 results??? -- looks mid-range here
    Free T: 182.3 H (35-155)
    % Free T: 2.91 H (1.5-2.2)
    Estradiol: 28 (<= 29) -- different range??
    LH: Not Tested
    DHT: Not Tested (they were supposed to -- left it out)
    Progesterone: Not Tested
    Pregnenolone: 18 (10-200)
    Free T3: 333 (230-420)
    DHEA-s: 71 L (110-370)
    AM Cortisol: 13.1 (4-22)

    When my doc ordered this set of labs, it was basically just a copy of what was ordered for the labs at 4 weeks. For comparison purposes, it's pretty worthless!

    Some other stuff from this lab:
    Hemoglobin: 16.5 (13.2-17.1)
    Hematocrit: 48.6 (38.5-50)
    Red Cell Count: 5.36 (4.2-5.8)
    Cholesterol: 119 L (125-200)
    Triglycerides: 90 (<150)
    VLDL Chol: 18 (5-35)
    LDL Chol: 61 (<130)
    HDL Chol: 40 (>40)
    Chol/HDL Ratio: 3.0 (<= 5.0)

    Sonny
    I think over time HCG can actually lowers one DHEA pregnenolone, cholesterol because same thing happen to me and I was taking the same DHEA as I was before. pregnelone is also reduced in hypothyroidism. When increasing T you made need mroe adrenal support to compensate for the specific rise. You cholesterol is a major problem its beginning of the hormone chain and hcg stimualtes that pathway to use cholesterol to make the hormones .
  3. New Member
    T800's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    16.82%

    Thanks for the input, HAN. My low CHOL has been of concern to Dr Mariano since the beginning. Here's a cool pic of the hormone tree:



    I've been trying to get HDL up. If I can get it up 10 pts (it's actually come up from where it was before -- 36), that'd be a good strategy, no?

    My diet is clean, I lift weights pretty hard 3x per week, taking 5-6g of fish oil per day, and I just started taking 500mg/day of Niacin (the flushing kind -- wow, sets me on fire, but ok).

    Sonny
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T800 View Post
    Unfortunately, Quest either messed this one up or some things have changed about their ranges? I was hoping to be able to keep doing direct comparisons, but this is not the case.

    Both sets of labs were done on Thursday after a Monday injection of Testosterone (with HCG on the previous Sat/Sun).

    Sub-q @ 100mg/week + HCG @ 500iu/week -- 4 weeks in:
    SHBG: 15 (5-49)
    Total T: 633 (241-827)
    Free T: 233 H (34-194)
    Free & Weakly Bound T: 439 H (84-402)
    Estradiol: 18 (13-54)
    LH: <0.1 L (1.5-9.3)
    DHT: 56 (25-75)
    Progesterone: 0.9 (0.6-2.6)
    Pregnenolone: 38 (10-200)
    Free T3: 312 (230-420)
    DHEA-s: 73 L (110-370)

    AM Cortisol: 13.8 (4-22)

    Sub-q @ 120mg/week + HCG @ 450 i/u -- 12 weeks in:
    SHBG: Not tested
    Total T: 899 H (241-827) -- Looks high here
    Total T: 626 (250-1100) -- yep, 2 results??? -- looks mid-range here
    Free T: 182.3 H (35-155)
    % Free T: 2.91 H (1.5-2.2)
    Estradiol: 28 (<= 29) -- different range??
    LH: Not Tested
    DHT: Not Tested (they were supposed to -- left it out)
    Progesterone: Not Tested
    Pregnenolone: 18 (10-200)
    Free T3: 333 (230-420)
    DHEA-s: 71 L (110-370)
    AM Cortisol: 13.1 (4-22)

    When my doc ordered this set of labs, it was basically just a copy of what was ordered for the labs at 4 weeks. For comparison purposes, it's pretty worthless!

    Some other stuff from this lab:
    Hemoglobin: 16.5 (13.2-17.1)
    Hematocrit: 48.6 (38.5-50)
    Red Cell Count: 5.36 (4.2-5.8)
    Cholesterol: 119 L (125-200)
    Triglycerides: 90 (<150)
    VLDL Chol: 18 (5-35)
    LDL Chol: 61 (<130)
    HDL Chol: 40 (>40)
    Chol/HDL Ratio: 3.0 (<= 5.0)

    Sonny
    Your SHBG is low, go back to 100mg/week or tad lower.
    Do E3D injections,
    I assume you are using 200mg/ml testosterone
    0.5cc/week =100mg/week
    0.5/7*3=0.21.4 21units on syringe

    DHEAs and pregnenolone low, get script for 100mg/1gram compounded pregnenolone cream, use 1gram/day

    Quest have few differen Esradiol tests and screwing people with it.
    It looks like you are ok on Estradiol.

    Your cholesterol is low, not good and I do not know what to say.
    Whatewer you can figure on metabolic syndrome, use double dose.
    Do not kill any hormones, do not use AI.
    You are 14% fat, do not loose fat.

    You are on three grains of Armour and your FreeT3=333
    add another grain or two.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do blood draw on day of the shot, time of the shot, before shot.
  5. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Your SHBG is low, go back to 100mg/week or tad lower.
    Do E3D injections,
    I assume you are using 200mg/ml testosterone
    0.5cc/week =100mg/week
    0.5/7*3=0.21.4 21units on syringe

    DHEAs and pregnenolone low, get script for 100mg/1gram compounded pregnenolone cream, use 1gram/day

    Quest have few differen Esradiol tests and screwing people with it.
    It looks like you are ok on Estradiol.

    Your cholesterol is low, not good and I do not know what to say.
    Whatewer you can figure on metabolic syndrome, use double dose.
    Do not kill any hormones, do not use AI.
    You are 14% fat, do not loose fat.

    You are on three grains of Armour and your FreeT3=333
    add another grain or two.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do blood draw on day of the shot, time of the shot, before shot.

    Contrary to believe get your e2 tested again Why this happens is if you specify ultrasensitive estrodial then depending on where your lab is closest to you decides on where it is sent to califonria or where ever. I just ask for estrodial on lab paper and have not have a problem ever since.. One guy had <16 and ended up getting tested at e2 of 40 with standard test. Fish oils can lower your total cholesterol so be careful. Low cholesterol is also a sign of possible low carb dieting or defienct inuslin production, metabolic syndrome would be unlikely, excessice fish oils can be behind the lower shbg as well as the excessive testosterone (but its not that far out of range). Cortisol should help raise your cholesterol.

    I have feeling the increase in test on your trought (899) and then kick in the hcg 2 days after this is going to push it up over 1200 or more easily adding undue stres to your adrenals and lowering your thyroid considerable. As jansz suggested lower in the testosterone would be first move reducing the stress on the adrenals thus increasing your thyroid back to where it was..adding preg creame with also help to feed the pathways as well to make up the differnce of what hcg probably was lowering, but again preg and thyroid pretty much go hand and hand..Before adding in dhea and preg may be you want to examine estrogen pathways to make sure they are functioning properly..Might be time for alittle cortef per your drs instructions..
  6. New Member
    T800's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    16.82%

    Hi guys,

    I've on Medrol 4mg/day right now (and have been since starting injectible Test again). It's comparable to 15mg/day of Cortef. Dr M took me off of Cortef due to blood pressure issues.

    Jan: My SHBG does not seem to be effected much by anything I do. In fact, when I was completely off of TRT last year, it was always between 12-18. This was with Total T in the 300's, etc.

    I'm a little hesitant to mess with anything until I see Dr M again (on the 4th) because simply put, I feel great. The addition of oral DHEA seemed to help me out a lot. I was having heavy adrenal fatigue problems about a week ago and adding 50/mg day of DHEA seemed to take care of it. I will talk to Dr M about putting me on the preg cream because the oral 100mg/day that I'm taking right now doesn't seem to be doing anything.

    HAN: You're right though..I'm probably well over the 1000ng/dl mark on the day of and day after my Test injection. The increase from 100mg/week to 120mg/week took me from 645 to 899. Maybe I'll try 110 (.55 cc).

    Sonny
  7. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by T800 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I've on Medrol 4mg/day right now (and have been since starting injectible Test again). It's comparable to 15mg/day of Cortef. Dr M took me off of Cortef due to blood pressure issues.

    Jan: My SHBG does not seem to be effected much by anything I do. In fact, when I was completely off of TRT last year, it was always between 12-18. This was with Total T in the 300's, etc.

    I'm a little hesitant to mess with anything until I see Dr M again (on the 4th) because simply put, I feel great. The addition of oral DHEA seemed to help me out a lot. I was having heavy adrenal fatigue problems about a week ago and adding 50/mg day of DHEA seemed to take care of it. I will talk to Dr M about putting me on the preg cream because the oral 100mg/day that I'm taking right now doesn't seem to be doing anything.

    HAN: You're right though..I'm probably well over the 1000ng/dl mark on the day of and day after my Test injection. The increase from 100mg/week to 120mg/week took me from 645 to 899. Maybe I'll try 110 (.55 cc).

    Sonny
    60 mgs Test 2 times a week 250 ius hcg x2 put me at 1111 on my trough with .5 mgs armidex m,th had me at <2 on the ultrasensative estrodial test one done in lab in california, but still do not know what labs intrepetations mean. Does <29 range indicate same as stardard e2 lab 10-54 thats the magcal question. After finguring the e2 was low I stopped armidex and retested at 73 4 weeks lastter. So I went back to .25 mgs E3D Swithcing to a more stable Test eth that was fake with .25 mgs armidex every 3 days took my test to 300 and my e2 to only 17 (hmm interesting .25 mgs every 3 days took my e2 level only to this ?), but the 1 mg a week dropped me down to zero,,makes no sense. Right now I am on 50 mgs test every 3 day, 100 mgs pregenolone creame, dhea 50 mgs, ,25 armidex day of shots..I just do not feel the same with out hcg, but I want to check estrogen metabolism before adding it back in. MY balls are bye bye..HAHA
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. More lab results...comments?
    By Dogsoldier in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 09:06 PM
  2. T1-Pro Lab Results 2
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 02:16 PM
  3. skewing lab results
    By SJA in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 06:49 PM
  4. T1-Pro lab results
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 02:58 PM
  5. VPX Sports lab results?
    By NPursuit in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 11:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in