Should I give Clomid a shot?

galloglass

Awards
Had my bloodwork done earlier this month, and I'm wondering what the next course of action should be....
Total T 175, 224 (241-800)
LH: 2.4 (1.5-9.3) low end
Prolactin 13.9 (2.0-18.0)
E2: 32pg/ML (less than 29)
CBC, Metabolic, TSH were good.

I have some clomid, should I do a short course of two weeks @ 25mg/day then see if T levels go up? I know there are long term side effects, so I'll probably go on HCG and T, but I'd like to know where in the HPTA the problem is.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Had my bloodwork done earlier this month, and I'm wondering what the next course of action should be....
Total T 175, 224 (241-800)
LH: 2.4 (1.5-9.3) low end
Prolactin 13.9 (2.0-18.0)
E2: 32pg/ML (less than 29)
CBC, Metabolic, TSH were good.

I have some clomid, should I do a short course of two weeks @ 25mg/day then see if T levels go up? I know there are long term side effects, so I'll probably go on HCG and T, but I'd like to know where in the HPTA the problem is.
Dont you get the same using HCG?
HCG+HMG when tryin harder?

You are due to work on your prolactin, probably the first action to take.

galloglass

Awards
Dont you get the same using HCG?
HCG+HMG when tryin harder?

You are due to work on your prolactin, probably the first action to take.
I was just diagnosed...I really should say self-diagnosed this month. I haven't tried HCG or HMG...I'm traveling out of the country next month so I should be able to get HCG for pennies on the dollar.

How do I go about lowering prolactin? Dostinex?

One last question, would resolving my E2 and prolactin cause a rise in T? Thanks.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I was just diagnosed...I really should say self-diagnosed this month. I haven't tried HCG or HMG...I'm traveling out of the country next month so I should be able to get HCG for pennies on the dollar.

How do I go about lowering prolactin? Dostinex?

One last question, would resolving my E2 and prolactin cause a rise in T? Thanks.
It should, but take a one step at the time.
Whie you are out of the country get a good stash of anything else you my need.
Start with HMG, large enough to last you a year or more.
Usual dose 75iu/day, but you could probably double it.
Usually given as (hcg-100iu + hmg-75iu)
but when you double the hmg you probably would not need hcg.
The hmg contains some amount of hcg.

365*2*75=54750iu

galloglass

Awards
It should, but take a one step at the time.
Whie you are out of the country get a good stash of anything else you my need.
Start with HMG, large enough to last you a year or more.
Usual dose 75iu/day, but you could probably double it.
Usually given as (hcg-100iu + hmg-75iu)
but when you double the hmg you probably would not need hcg.
The hmg contains some amount of hcg.

365*2*75=54750iu
What are some names of HMG? I know Pregnyl is HCG. Jeez! I just checked medline for HMG...there's Menopur and Repronex....they go for $390/75 unit vial!!!

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I would definitely try the clomid and get retested. But....

You must do this BEFORE you start anything else, otherwise the results will be wholly inaccurate. The "right" person on clomid can see a path to reversal of the problem, if not more, potentially much more.

galloglass

Awards
You must do this BEFORE you start anything else, otherwise the results will be wholly inaccurate. The "right" person on clomid can see a path to reversal of the problem, if not more, potentially much more.
Please expand on that anyman...if clomid works, then it tells me that the pituitary or hypothalamus is working?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
My understanding is limited, but here we go:

Please expand on that anyman...if clomid works, then it tells me that the pituitary or hypothalamus is working?
A dramatic or otherwise substantial rise in T, LH and FSH seems to mean that the underlying HPTA is fundementally intact, but stopped or slowed for some reason. A restart is possible. I know of one man who went from 250 to something like 750 after a week of clomid and stayed high. I wish it was like that for me, but such was not the case. I went from 200 to 320 or so.

If you're already on some sort of therapy the results cannot be accurate, hence to need to be "clean" when trying it.

galloglass

Awards
A dramatic or otherwise substantial rise in T, LH and FSH seems to mean that the underlying HPTA is fundementally intact, but stopped or slowed for some reason. A restart is possible. I know of one man who went from 250 to something like 750 after a week of clomid and stayed high. I wish it was like that for me, but such was not the case. I went from 200 to 320 or so.

If you're already on some sort of therapy the results cannot be accurate, hence to need to be "clean" when trying it.
I'm completely clean, no AAS use ever, no HCG, nada. How does 25mg for 2 weeks sound? Or is 50mg eod for one week better?
Didn't Dr. Shippen mention that 25mg is a walloping dose?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
I tried 25 for one week and tested on the 8th day

I have heard of others using 50mg, but I cannot comment if this is or is not a "bad idea". I did 25 and got so-so results. YMMV.