HCG and adipose development

Jupiter

Awards
J Endocrinol. 2007 Aug;194(2):313-25.

In vitro effects of chorionic gonadotropin hormone on human adipose development.

Dos Santos E, Dieudonné MN, Leneveu MC, Pecquery R, Serazin V, Giudicelli Y.

Service de Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire, UPRES EA 2493, Faculté de Médecine Paris-Ile de France Ouest, Centre hospitalier de Poissy, Université Versailles St Quentin, 78303 Poissy Cedex, France.

It is well known that pregnancy is associated with fat weight gain. However, the mechanisms whereby fat mass accumulation is controlled during this period are poorly understood. Therefore, we attempted to determine whether human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), in vitro, influences human adipose tissue development and/or metabolism. For the first time, HCG/LH receptor was characterized in human adipose cells. We also demonstrated that physiological concentrations of HCG, while unaltering both lipolysis and expression of two markers of lipogenesis (FAS and ADD1) in human mature adipocytes, stimulate human preadipocyte growth via the activation of a protein kinase A-independent mitogen-activated protein kinase/c-fos signaling pathway. HCG also moderately increases the preadipocyte differentiation capacityas reflected by enhanced glycerophosphate dehydrogenase activity and expression of key adipogenic transcriptional factors (C/enhancer-binding protein alpha and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 2). Finally, HCG significantly stimulates the secretion of the proadipogenic factor, leptin, from human adipose tissue. Taken altogether, these data suggest that the proadipogenic effect of HCG in human preadipocytes contributes to explain why increased fat storage occurs during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Done in vitro, so regardless of male or female, it causes the creation of new fat cells, does this concern anyone?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
J Endocrinol. 2007 Aug;194(2):313-25.

In vitro effects of chorionic gonadotropin hormone on human adipose development.

Dos Santos E, Dieudonné MN, Leneveu MC, Pecquery R, Serazin V, Giudicelli Y.

Service de Biochimie et Biologie Moléculaire, UPRES EA 2493, Faculté de Médecine Paris-Ile de France Ouest, Centre hospitalier de Poissy, Université Versailles St Quentin, 78303 Poissy Cedex, France.

It is well known that pregnancy is associated with fat weight gain. However, the mechanisms whereby fat mass accumulation is controlled during this period are poorly understood. Therefore, we attempted to determine whether human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), in vitro, influences human adipose tissue development and/or metabolism. For the first time, HCG/LH receptor was characterized in human adipose cells. We also demonstrated that physiological concentrations of HCG, while unaltering both lipolysis and expression of two markers of lipogenesis (FAS and ADD1) in human mature adipocytes, stimulate human preadipocyte growth via the activation of a protein kinase A-independent mitogen-activated protein kinase/c-fos signaling pathway. HCG also moderately increases the preadipocyte differentiation capacityas reflected by enhanced glycerophosphate dehydrogenase activity and expression of key adipogenic transcriptional factors (C/enhancer-binding protein alpha and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma 2). Finally, HCG significantly stimulates the secretion of the proadipogenic factor, leptin, from human adipose tissue. Taken altogether, these data suggest that the proadipogenic effect of HCG in human preadipocytes contributes to explain why increased fat storage occurs during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Done in vitro, so regardless of male or female, it causes the creation of new fat cells, does this concern anyone?
Actually hcg can be used for fat loss as well provided that e2 is countered balanced with proper measures. I had alot of people ask me if I have heard the new rage of using hcg to loose weight with. I told them keep them as long as you keep e2 incheck lower dosages will raise T levels, but it was only temporary unless they are using it for TRT instead of a fast fix

Jupiter

Awards
Thanks hardasnails.

I know that hcg used to be promoted as a weight-loss agent years ago and is now coming back in vogue as a thyroid mimic. Are you saying that the rise in testosterone more than makes up for the rise in estrogen so the net out-come is fat-loss? I totally agree here.

What's concerning to me is that on TRT, long term administration of hcg could be creating fat cells that could come back to haunt us in the future.

Thoughts?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks hardasnails.

I know that hcg used to be promoted as a weight-loss agent years ago and is now coming back in vogue as a thyroid mimic. Are you saying that the rise in testosterone more than makes up for the rise in estrogen so the net out-come is fat-loss? I totally agree here.

What's concerning to me is that on TRT, long term administration of hcg could be creating fat cells that could come back to haunt us in the future.

Thoughts?
As long as the dosages are kept in phyisiological ranges 100 ius a day or 250ius 2 times a week I see this not being a problem..If people abuse it yes plus they do not monitor e2 and other hormones with a trained phyisican then it can possibly. Its some thing you should never experiment with your self on

Jupiter

Awards
Alright, so someone on testosterone, hcg, and arimidex, within physiological range for testosterone and estrogen, should not have a problem.

What about someone on the above at the highest levels of testosterone and the lowest levels of estrogen but still within physiological range?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Alright, so someone on testosterone, hcg, and arimidex, within physiological range for testosterone and estrogen, should not have a problem.

What about someone on the above at the highest levels of testosterone and the lowest levels of estrogen but still within physiological range?
WOW you are really frying my brain today :lol:

T800

T800

Awards
The study makes no mention of the dosages involved.

I can't imagine that at the dosages we use (500iu a week for most) that this would be a problem. A bottle of Novarel is 10,000 iu and we end up wasting 80% of it.

Sonny

Jupiter

Awards
hahaha,

All of this stuff is so interesting, I just wish we could fast forward 20 years and have all the research done and in books to reference.

Im just concerned that regardless of the testosterone to estrogen ratio, long term, does one really want to mess with hcg?

Of course I'd prefer having balls to being shredded :lol:

But like you said, if kept within optimal physiological range, maybe its effect is insignificant anyways.

Jupiter

Awards
Thanks Dr John for the clarification. I had always wondered about that.