Have I gone hyper? (thyroid)

T800

T800

Awards
Hey Guys,

I've been feeling a bit "off" the last 2.5 weeks or so.

It started with me doing a trial run of a new product called "Dermatherm". About 10 days into it, I started feeling like I did when I increased my Armour Thyroid too quickly. I stopped taking the product. Too bad because I felt like it was doing a good job!

I have been off for about 2 weeks now, but still do not feel quite right. Some things that have happened:

-I've lost almost 5 lbs in the last week. This is really unusual for me and significant for someone of my size. I've been keeping a close eye on caloric intake and fluid intake. It hasn't really changed and in fact, I've been eating more the last 3 days or so to try to counteract this. My weight had been holding steady for a good month up to this point.

-I've been feeling "overheated" in the evenings. Took an armpit temp this evening. It was 98.4. My son's was 97.6 and my wife's was 96.8.

-I feel like symptoms of adrenal fatigue have surfaced again (dizziness when standing, loss of concentration, etc). I know excess thyroid activity can overdrive the adrenals.

My regimen has been steady for the last 3 months or so.

Can I get some input from you guys that are also on thyroid medication? I've been on Armour for about 7 months now.

Thanks,
Sonny

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

I've been feeling a bit "off" the last 2.5 weeks or so.

It started with me doing a trial run of a new product called "Dermatherm". About 10 days into it, I started feeling like I did when I increased my Armour Thyroid too quickly. I stopped taking the product. Too bad because I felt like it was doing a good job!

I have been off for about 2 weeks now, but still do not feel quite right. Some things that have happened:

-I've lost almost 5 lbs in the last week. This is really unusual for me and significant for someone of my size. I've been keeping a close eye on caloric intake and fluid intake. It hasn't really changed and in fact, I've been eating more the last 3 days or so to try to counteract this. My weight had been holding steady for a good month up to this point.

-I've been feeling "overheated" in the evenings. Took an armpit temp this evening. It was 98.4. My son's was 97.6 and my wife's was 96.8.

-I feel like symptoms of adrenal fatigue have surfaced again (dizziness when standing, loss of concentration, etc). I know excess thyroid activity can overdrive the adrenals.

My regimen has been steady for the last 3 months or so.

Can I get some input from you guys that are also on thyroid medication? I've been on Armour for about 7 months now.

Thanks,
Sonny
Dermatherm----- they have discussion board where people are familiar with the product

36.00C= 96.80F
Tell you wife to get check up.
Possible low thyroid

T800

T800

Awards
We've suspected low thyroid function in my wife for awhile now.

She's been reluctant to do anything about it since she's still nursing my 1 year old son. After he's weaned, she'll be getting it checked out. It wasn't his body temp that I checked (he won't hold still ;)). I checked my older son who is 4 years old.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Dermatherm, but most people aren't on the same treatment regimens that we are on in this forum.

Thanks,
Sonny

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
We've suspected low thyroid function in my wife for awhile now.

She's been reluctant to do anything about it since she's still nursing my 1 year old son. After he's weaned, she'll be getting it checked out. It wasn't his body temp that I checked (he won't hold still ;)). I checked my older son who is 4 years old.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about Dermatherm, but most people aren't on the same treatment regimens that we are on in this forum.

Thanks,
Sonny
Dermatherm
It is new guy on the block.
Unproven effectiveness.
Still testing (and hopefully improving) their product.

Best/current info can be gotten from their BB.
-----------------------------------------------------------
On this forum we are maily following Dr John's method as described in his:
A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS

http://www.allthingsmale.com/word_docs/TRT.doc

Plus minor tweaks here and there.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Wonder (doubt) if a little Armour would be detrimental to nursing mother and her infant.

But, my daughter stopped nursing about month ago, I understand.