Test, Dopamine and Neurology - AnabolicMinds.com

Test, Dopamine and Neurology

1. New Member

Test, Dopamine and Neurology

There are guys a lot smarter than me out there so I wanted to throw this out for discussion. Some don't believe that Restless Leg Syndrome really exists, well I have had pain and crawling in my legs since before I could explain it. Anyways, I am a classic responder to parkinson\dopamine drugs sinemet, mirapex, requip etc. Well my last neurologist appointment I causally mentioned that I had low test levels and had been on depot shots and his eyes lit up...He was excited like a kid explaining a new toy. He was telling me how test and dopamine have a very tight relationship and are considered co-morbidities (sorry about the spelling) Anyways, in addition to my current treatment he was very insistant I go back on test, he said a lot of his male patients actually need higher levels than normal in a lot of cases in his office.

There is a ton of info when you google it...most above my head.

2. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfish1966 View Post
    There are guys a lot smarter than me out there so I wanted to throw this out for discussion. Some don't believe that Restless Leg Syndrome really exists, well I have had pain and crawling in my legs since before I could explain it. Anyways, I am a classic responder to parkinson\dopamine drugs sinemet, mirapex, requip etc. Well my last neurologist appointment I causally mentioned that I had low test levels and had been on depot shots and his eyes lit up...He was excited like a kid explaining a new toy. He was telling me how test and dopamine have a very tight relationship and are considered co-morbidities (sorry about the spelling) Anyways, in addition to my current treatment he was very insistant I go back on test, he said a lot of his male patients actually need higher levels than normal in a lot of cases in his office.

There is a ton of info when you google it...most above my head.
    Your doc looks like a keeper.
  3. New Member

If only my urologist was.
    •   

4. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfish1966 View Post
    If only my urologist was.
    Quote:
    I am a classic responder to parkinson\dopamine drugs
    ---------------------
    There is recent thread on Seleginine.

Have you tried it?
  5. New Member

About 4 years ago, can't remember why I was switched though. Might be worth a shot again.
  6. New Member

I too can suffer from intermittent RLS, but found a non drug way to control it

For the last few years I've suffered from RLS, although only on one leg and on an intermittent basis. I finally realized that my diet has much to do with it. If I have anything fatty or sweet, even diet soda (which I've since all but given up) after 6-7 pm then I'm guaranteed a jumpy right leg. Ever since I modified my diet I've been (knock on wood/keyboard) much better.
  7. New Member

There are those who get aggrivation from diet, another common cause is pernacious anemia which If I remember right is usually caused by an inability to process b12 correctly. I also have problems when I eat too much fat, sugar or dairy.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test use and increased PSA levels
    By WYD02 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 07:35 PM
  2. blood test result and why is my test so low?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:28 PM
  3. 1-Test cyp and side effects
    By badbart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 03:35 AM
  4. Mixing 1-test 4AD and 1.4 adro
    By Molehonea in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-08-2003, 12:11 PM
  5. 1-test/ nolva and t:e ratios