TRT and pregnelone

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Could TRT actually lower the pregenolone and dhea levels possbile due to the activation of the p450 cytochrome enzyme.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Could TRT actually lower the pregenolone and dhea levels possbile due to the activation of the p450 cytochrome enzyme.
Im not sure by which enzyme it acts upon or specific mechanisms involved, but yes I have read the same thing.

Many cutting edge Dr's are aware of this and backload preg cream + Dhea supplements. Dhea is poorly absorbed orally, so it would make better sense to just add it into the preg cream as a combo.

If one had a decent T level to begin with, they could easily make due with DHEA + Preg Cream as a TRT mechanism.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Im not sure by which enzyme it acts upon or specific mechanisms involved, but yes I have read the same thing.

Many cutting edge Dr's are aware of this and backload preg cream + Dhea supplements. Dhea is poorly absorbed orally, so it would make better sense to just add it into the preg cream as a combo.

If one had a decent T level to begin with, they could easily make due with DHEA + Preg Cream as a TRT mechanism.

Hence creation for the that Stuff you are taking HAHA i thought you seeing DR J he will not like you are one that it will skew the test :p:nono:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hence creation for the that Stuff you are taking HAHA i thought you seeing DR J he will not like you are one that it will skew the test :p:nono:
One more test to see how it works before I go Dr route :nutkick:

T800

T800

Awards
My DHEA has fallen quite a bit since going back on 'real' TRT (vs Nolvadex every day). I have a bunch of oral DHEA, but I'm going to see if I can get my doc to prescribe Pregnenolone cream.

Have you guys who have been on TRT for awhile and then added preg/DHEA back in later noticed anything? Low DHEA is bad for adrenal fatigue.

Sonny

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My DHEA has fallen quite a bit since going back on 'real' TRT (vs Nolvadex every day). I have a bunch of oral DHEA, but I'm going to see if I can get my doc to prescribe Pregnenolone cream.

Have you guys who have been on TRT for awhile and then added preg/DHEA back in later noticed anything? Low DHEA is bad for adrenal fatigue.

Sonny
You will probably have issues with oral DHEA as alot do.

Preg cream is the way to go. For alot that is all that it is needed, as preg cream will break down into DHEA as well. Some may need to add DHEA into the mix.

Low DHEA is not only bad for the adrenals(DHEA keeps cortisol in check) but bad for alot of things as well. The list is long.

No doubt that exogenous T will lower other androgenous hormones. Remember that androgen production is being shut off.

coz

Awards
I was told by my Dr that oral pregnenolone is very simple substance, like cholesterol & is abosorbed with no problems orally. I've got low pregnenolone and low DHEA, and have begun supplementing with both orally.

I don't have after blood tests for pregnenolone, but DHEA definately increased by taking orally

before blood test
DHEA-s 3.18 (Range 3.3-14.10umol/L)

after 75mg oral DHEA
DHEA-s 8.68 (Range 3.3-14.10umol/L)

I have since upped to 100mg DHEA per day (split 50morning, 50 night), will see how my next blood test results are.

T800

T800

Awards
Interesting results, coz. Thanks for the input. It's interesting to see how results can vary so much from person to person. Here we have you that seems to do ok with oral DHEA and then with have JanSz who was taking massive amounts of oral DHEA with little change in blood levels of DHEA.

I have also been taking oral pregnenolone at 100mg/day.

Before I got back on my current protocol, I was on Nolvadex alone at 20mg/day. My pregnenolone was 10 (range = 10-200), but my DHEA was was around 280 (range = 110-370). After 4 weeks of the protocol below (except T Cyp was at 100mg/week), my DHEA dropped to 71, but pregnenolone came up to 38. Free T3 and AM cortisol also dropped. I am holding out for another DHEA blood test before I do anything. Gotta love how we can use ourselves as science experiments. :)

Sonny

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was told by my Dr that oral pregnenolone is very simple substance, like cholesterol & is abosorbed with no problems orally. I've got low pregnenolone and low DHEA, and have begun supplementing with both orally.

I don't have after blood tests for pregnenolone, but DHEA definately increased by taking orally

before blood test
DHEA-s 3.18 (Range 3.3-14.10umol/L)

after 75mg oral DHEA
DHEA-s 8.68 (Range 3.3-14.10umol/L)

I have since upped to 100mg DHEA per day (split 50morning, 50 night), will see how my next blood test results are.
It seems like 3 out of 4 or so people are okay with oral DHEA. Thats still alot not absorbing well.

But good luck on oral pregnenolone. One of the biggest reasons why preg is not administered orally is because it is impossible to tell if it is being absorbed - you can't test for pregnenolone as of 7/07 - this may change - all assays are worthless.

DHEA in pill form - I say try it out - at least you can find out if its worjking threw BW. But preg in pills is a shot in the dark.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and AM cortisol also dropped. I am holding out for another DHEA blood test before I do anything. Gotta love how we can use ourselves as science experiments. :)

Sonny
DHEA will keep cortisol in check. DHEA goes up - high cortisol goes down.

86 the preg pills. Get cream if possible, you wont be dissappointed.

I have heard sesame linnigans help preg absorb better orally.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this was before dermacrine....