High Progesterone - Least talked about hormone

fit4life05

Awards
My labs a while back showed I had high Progesterone. I believe I remember Dr J saying it can cause a low sex drive. I did a lot of searches and I did find many other guys with this problem, but none seem to know or have a Dr who knows what to do about this.

Im not really worried about my levels right now (at least untill I get another test), but I thought this could be an informative thread since there is so little light ever shed on Progesterone.

Anyways Milfepristone (an abortion pill) seems to be about the only anti-Progestin known. But has this been used clinically in men with good results?

I also found this about Nolva....

Nolvadex is a weak, yet "somewhat" effective progesterone receptor-site antagonist. This means that, though it is actually a weak estrogen, it can also affect progesterone receptors thus having the ability to act as a weak progesterone receptor-site blocker. Some have realized a return to normal sexual function by adding as little as 10mg 2 times daily to protocols employing the administration of higher dosages of nandrolone.

The only truly effective antiprogestin are the abortion drug RU-486 (mifepristone) and onapristone. Like tamoxifen they are receptor antagonists. The exception here is that they are very effective. In fact, in the field of breast cancer treatment researchers and women's health advocates alike are seeking approval for the use of RU-486 as a breast cancer treatment for progesterone dependant tumors. Anything effective enough to get the AMA off of their butts is very effective indeed!

Bodybuilding.com - Author Rea - More Muscle & Things That Won't Get Pumped In The Night!

mifepristone (ru486) blocks the progesterone receptors so progesterone cant bind to them. this keeps prog from triggering the progestin DNA synthesis process with works in conjunction with estrogen to cause titties. since the half life of progesterone in only 5mins it is unlikely that there would be any rebound effect of "free" prog after ceasing mifepristone treatment.

dose for men would be 200mg (1 EU pill) ETD or 60-70mg (3 china pills) ED. more than that seems to begin to cause too much of a reduction in cortisol - causing dry joints, similar to large winny doses

Another good thread to read would be here
B6 study - INTENSE TRAINING

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
My labs a while back showed I had high Progesterone. I believe I remember Dr J saying it can cause a low sex drive. I did a lot of searches and I did find many other guys with this problem, but none seem to know or have a Dr who knows what to do about this.

Im not really worried about my levels right now (at least untill I get another test), but I thought this could be an informative thread since there is so little light ever shed on Progesterone.

Anyways Milfepristone (an abortion pill) seems to be about the only anti-Progestin known. But has this been used clinically in men with good results?

I also found this about Nolva....

Nolvadex is a weak, yet "somewhat" effective progesterone receptor-site antagonist. This means that, though it is actually a weak estrogen, it can also affect progesterone receptors thus having the ability to act as a weak progesterone receptor-site blocker. Some have realized a return to normal sexual function by adding as little as 10mg 2 times daily to protocols employing the administration of higher dosages of nandrolone.

The only truly effective antiprogestin are the abortion drug RU-486 (mifepristone) and onapristone. Like tamoxifen they are receptor antagonists. The exception here is that they are very effective. In fact, in the field of breast cancer treatment researchers and women's health advocates alike are seeking approval for the use of RU-486 as a breast cancer treatment for progesterone dependant tumors. Anything effective enough to get the AMA off of their butts is very effective indeed!

Bodybuilding.com - Author Rea - More Muscle & Things That Won't Get Pumped In The Night!

mifepristone (ru486) blocks the progesterone receptors so progesterone cant bind to them. this keeps prog from triggering the progestin DNA synthesis process with works in conjunction with estrogen to cause titties. since the half life of progesterone in only 5mins it is unlikely that there would be any rebound effect of "free" prog after ceasing mifepristone treatment.

dose for men would be 200mg (1 EU pill) ETD or 60-70mg (3 china pills) ED. more than that seems to begin to cause too much of a reduction in cortisol - causing dry joints, similar to large winny doses

Another good thread to read would be here
B6 study - INTENSE TRAINING
Ever think that hyperthyroidism could be causing progesterone elevations or estrogen imbalnces causing the body to convert more cholesterol to preg to progesterone for a specific reason? High progesterone are also similar in BPH as well. Ranges do vary and some Drs say as high as 2,1 is exceptable..When dht is high from T levels it may cause body to increase progesterone production.

fit4life05

Awards
Yes, personally my Bioavailable E2 was a bit low, that could possibly been the problem. I didnt think high DHT would cause high Prog, although in my case my DHT was low so it wouldnt matter to me.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yes, personally my Bioavailable E2 was a bit low, that could possibly been the problem. I didnt think high DHT would cause high Prog, although in my case my DHT was low so it wouldnt matter to me.
progesterone is antagonistic to estrogen and DHT..
increase dht, e2 will then lower progesterone hyptohetically