Donating Blood

thomastobird

Awards
Has anybody tried this to lower blood preasure?

My bp is a little high and I'de like to but was just curious how effective it is, and if it lasts for long.

Thanks

rfish1966

Awards
I happened to donate blood yesterday and it did not make a difference.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing any excercise? and reduced salt intake?

thomastobird

Awards
Are you doing any excercise? and reduced salt intake?
I'm trying not to eat salt, and shooting hoops for an hour a day, + going for a jog a couple nights a week.

I think it's becuase of my high etradiol, and retaining water. I have arimidex here, but my doc doesn't want me doing anything by myself, and I don't see him for 7 weeks.

I donated yesterday and no difference. Although she said it normally takes 5-15 minutes to fill a pint, and as a first time donar my 4 minutes was very quick. Dunno if that means I have a lot of blood or what, lol.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Means you were well hydrated.
Last blood test I drank almost 2 litres of water and I could hear my blood gushing out.

Are you overweight? losing weight can help blood pressure, although if your E2 is high you might have trouble losing the weight, how high is your E2? are you on TRT? is this the doctor giving you your TRT or is it another doctor?

thomastobird

Awards
Means you were well hydrated.
Last blood test I drank almost 2 litres of water and I could hear my blood gushing out.

Are you overweight? losing weight can help blood pressure, although if your E2 is high you might have trouble losing the weight, how high is your E2? are you on TRT? is this the doctor giving you your TRT or is it another doctor?
I can't loose weight at all right now with high e2/test problems I've gained 15 pound of water though on HCG/test. I just got on TRT/HCG. My E2 is 47 (13-53). Yeah it's the TRT doc I don't see for 7 weeks.

I was very hydrated since I heard frinking lots of water helps blod pressure.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I can't loose weight at all right now with high e2/test problems I've gained 15 pound of water though on HCG/test. I just got on TRT/HCG. My E2 is 47 (13-53). Yeah it's the TRT doc I don't see for 7 weeks.

I was very hydrated since I heard frinking lots of water helps blod pressure.
If you stop salt and are low on it drinking water a lot of it will make yoiu dehrated. The more you drink the lower your sodium levels go. If you cutting back on salt and it is not any good for your table salt that is you need to add about 1/4 of a tsp full of natural Sea Salt to your water I add it to a 24oz bottle of water I drink about 4 bottles a day. Doing this you will not hold water and your BP levels will go down. They put this crap out there about how bad salt is for you but with out it your worse off.
http://www.celticseasalt.com/Salt_Your_Way_To_Health_W68C2.cfm

thomastobird

Awards
If you stop salt and are low on it drinking water a lot of it will make yoiu dehrated. The more you drink the lower your sodium levels go. If you cutting back on salt and it is not any good for your table salt that is you need to add about 1/4 of a tsp full of natural Sea Salt to your water I add it to a 24oz bottle of water I drink about 4 bottles a day. Doing this you will not hold water and your BP levels will go down. They put this crap out there about how bad salt is for you but with out it your worse off.
Salt Your Way To Health - The Grain & Salt Society
I've been just not putting salt on food. I'm sure there is still sodium in the food I'm eating. I just checked BP at the doctors office today, and it came down from 147/90, to 122/75 wiht an AI (0.25mg 3x a week). Good sign. Unfortunatly I'm having some kind of weird chest tightness/palpitations latly so I'm going to go get an ultrasounds, and 24 hours heart rate monitor. Hoping years of low Test/DHEA didn't do too much damage.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I've been just not putting salt on food. I'm sure there is still sodium in the food I'm eating. I just checked BP at the doctors office today, and it came down from 147/90, to 122/75 wiht an AI (0.25mg 3x a week). Good sign. Unfortunatly I'm having some kind of weird chest tightness/palpitations latly so I'm going to go get an ultrasounds, and 24 hours heart rate monitor. Hoping years of low Test/DHEA didn't do too much damage.
This can be to much thyroid went from your blood into your cells as your Estradiol comes down your Thyroid and Adrenals get better. But better to check this out. I hope it's what I said and your just getting a Thyroid dump.