HRT and accutane

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
does anyone, more importantly Dr. John.....think of taking accutane while on HRT.. ive done 4 courses of the crap cause my acne is persistant, adn now i get it in my scalp...which i CANNOT stand...

2 months ago i was on 40mg mon-wed-friday, and it kept me looking really good!!! dermatologist wanted me to stop so she could see me in a "break out" state...nice

either way, i have not really broken out yet..sometimes i seem clear, until i go picking

but i want to start 20mg every monday-weds-fri, or even 40mg mon-thur

that little dose of both test and accutane shouldnt kill the liver??

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
does anyone, more importantly Dr. John.....think of taking accutane while on HRT.. ive done 4 courses of the crap cause my acne is persistant, adn now i get it in my scalp...which i CANNOT stand...

2 months ago i was on 40mg mon-wed-friday, and it kept me looking really good!!! dermatologist wanted me to stop so she could see me in a "break out" state...nice

either way, i have not really broken out yet..sometimes i seem clear, until i go picking

but i want to start 20mg every monday-weds-fri, or even 40mg mon-thur

that little dose of both test and accutane shouldnt kill the liver??

phats
http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/overview/accutane
Accutane Side Effects
Accutane Side Effects Lawsuit Lawyers Law Firm Free Consultation
www.YourLawyer.com/Accutane

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
im aware of the complainers....cant prove TANE causes some of those things...some people look for things to blame....
it may be why im loosing my hair....cant prove ****, so not worth complaining....
you have to pay the price to be clear...
what if people stared blaming crap on test??

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
im aware of the complainers....cant prove TANE causes some of those things...some people look for things to blame....
it may be why im loosing my hair....cant prove ****, so not worth complaining....

phats
Lavyers and vultures go where they see profit, they do not waste their time for nothing.

Thruth or justice have no influence when opportunity is there.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

phats
T is natural. Accutane is not.

Check out this post, some of what I said was edited though

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/69628-zits-size-cherry.html

also check out acne.org

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
yeah i researched the whole B5 mega dose 4 or 5 yrs ago.. but hell, so many pills to take in a day already...lol

ill get the wife to order me some 1000mg's ones and try it for 4 weeks before i see dermo....
i feel pretty good on the TANE at that low dose, happy and clear...plus i know it works...

also, i think running it that long, that way as actually cleared me up a bit more than the "traditional" dosing??

phats

cranny

cranny

Awards
Bro I've never seen or heard anyone run a coarse of accutane like that before. I'm not saying it's wrong just different. I know several people including myself that ran it like this for 5-6mos. w/ great success.
month1 40mg/day
month2 60mg/day
month3-6 80mg/day
Each month my derm. would check my bloodwork to make sure everything was good before going up in dosage. He said from the start he wanted me to work up to 80mg/day based on my weight(205). I was running test e @250-500mgs/wk. during that 6 mo. course. My derm. was aware of my test cycle. All my lab work came back fine every month. Just b/c mine was OK doesn't mean you're free and clear. But I would think you would be fine w/ HRT while running accutane until your lab work tells you otherwise. I would consider a steady coarse of treatment instead of only 3days/wk. I tried everything under the sun before giving accutane a shot. It made all the dif. in the world for me. Tanning beds, vitamin B-5 at insane dosages, septra, dinacin, tetracycline, minocycline, scrubs, soaps, proactive, you name it. Nothing would phase it until I tried accutane. Good luck with yours.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
yeah, as i said ive done 3 or 4 courses of it!!!! the last one was 100mg/day for 7 or 8 months....like clockwork, 3 months after the TANE i strted to break out again... i have LOTS in my scalp, and i cant stand that!!!

phats

christopher

Awards
  • Established
yeah, as i said ive done 3 or 4 courses of it!!!! the last one was 100mg/day for 7 or 8 months....like clockwork, 3 months after the TANE i strted to break out again... i have LOTS in my scalp, and i cant stand that!!!

phats
Get some Carlsons liquid Fish OIL and take 6-7000mg (combined EPA/DHA) daily for 4-6 mos....Divided dose am/pm (totaling 6-7000mg)...

The other thing to do IMO is to eat as clean as possible, ie eliminating unhealthy sources of omega 6/9...

Good luck...ACNE sUX...I did accutane, antibiotics etc and tried everything....Fish oil works....period...

aLSO, you might wanna take a high potentcy probiotic for a period (~3mos) to restore the intestinal flora....

Good luck...

Mr. V

Awards
Get some Carlsons liquid Fish OIL and take 6-7000mg (combined EPA/DHA) daily for 4-6 mos....Divided dose am/pm (totaling 6-7000mg)...

The other thing to do IMO is to eat as clean as possible, ie eliminating unhealthy sources of omega 6/9...

Good luck...ACNE sUX...I did accutane, antibiotics etc and tried everything....Fish oil works....period...

aLSO, you might wanna take a high potentcy probiotic for a period (~3mos) to restore the intestinal flora....

Good luck...
Fish Oil may not be the complete answer, but it does help and is needed. I have taken fish oil from 4 -12 grams per day and drink Kefir, the most powerful probiotic available and still got some acne.

2 things I have found that works, both backed by scientific studies with results, not conjecture.

1. Red/Blue lights. See http://www.beautyskinusa.com/

2. Paleo or Low carb diet. http://www.dietaryacnecure.com/ (you don't have to purchase the ebook, you can google for Loren Cordain's published research)

The Paleo diet is not easy to follow, but 15 minutes in front of the beauty skin lamp is easy. The blue light kills the bacteria in your skin and cause existing zits to self destruct, and the red lights cause the production of collagen for healing and better looking skin. I think after either 8 or 12 weeks you can reduce your lamp time to twice per week. After 4-5weeks I was clear and can eat what I want!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Fish Oil may not be the complete answer, but it does help and is needed. I have taken fish oil from 4 -12 grams per day and drink Kefir, the most powerful probiotic available and still got some acne.

2 things I have found that works, both backed by scientific studies with results, not conjecture.

1. Red/Blue lights. See BEAUTY SKIN Acne Light - Red/Blue Light Technology Acne Light for the cosmetic treatment of acne.

2. Paleo or Low carb diet. Acne Free - The Dietary Cure for Acne a natural diet Cure by Dr. Loren Cordain (you don't have to purchase the ebook, you can google for Loren Cordain's published research)

The Paleo diet is not easy to follow, but 15 minutes in front of the beauty skin lamp is easy. The blue light kills the bacteria in your skin and cause existing zits to self destruct, and the red lights cause the production of collagen for healing and better looking skin. I think after either 8 or 12 weeks you can reduce your lamp time to twice per week. After 4-5weeks I was clear and can eat what I want!
Wonder how good (or bad) it is,
I have two 3' 30W tubes over my computer.
They are positioned such that they shine over my torso (and key board) but not straight into my eyes.

The light I used to have over marine coral aquarium.
11000K Ultra Daylight T6 Lamp

11000K Ultra Daylight T6 Lamp | Pet Solutions

The 11000K Daylight bulbs produces a brilliant blue-white light that replicates the optimum light output of the noon day sun creating a crisp pure hue that enhance water clarity and the overall aquatic environment.
------------------------------
Lucky for me I newer had to deal with acne.

Mr. V

Awards
Wonder how good (or bad) it is,
I have two 3' 30W tubes over my computer.
They are positioned such that they shine over my torso (and key board) but not straight into my eyes.

The light I used to have over marine coral aquarium.
11000K Ultra Daylight T6 Lamp

11000K Ultra Daylight T6 Lamp | Pet Solutions

The 11000K Daylight bulbs produces a brilliant blue-white light that replicates the optimum light output of the noon day sun creating a crisp pure hue that enhance water clarity and the overall aquatic environment.
------------------------------
Lucky for me I newer had to deal with acne.
Couldn't tell you about those lamps. The lights that have been studied the most are blue/violet at 415nm, and red at 660nm wavelength. The two combined has yielded the greatest results, and I can speak from experience on this.

christopher

Awards
  • Established

1. Red/Blue lights. See http://www.beautyskinusa.com/

2. Paleo or Low carb diet. http://www.dietaryacnecure.com/ (you don't have to purchase the ebook, you can google for Loren Cordain's published research)

Never heard of the lamp, sounds good though...Wish that I knew then what I know now...Acne took a large portion of my life.......
Fish oil worked for me, as well as watching my diet....This one may sound simple, but I was in the habit of eating tuna on wheat (subway)....When I eliminated the wheat, I saw an improvement...Also cut out refined sugars....

Mr. V

Awards
Never heard of the lamp, sounds good though...Wish that I knew then what I know now...Acne took a large portion of my life.......
Fish oil worked for me, as well as watching my diet....This one may sound simple, but I was in the habit of eating tuna on wheat (subway)....When I eliminated the wheat, I saw an improvement...Also cut out refined sugars....
Yes, naturally the carbohydrates cause an INSULIN response which then causes an increase in INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FACTOR 1(IGF-1) which in turn suppresses INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FACTOR BINDING PROTEIN III, which prevents skin cell desquamination, aka sluffing off of dead skin cells, and then acne.

The faster the blood sugar spike the worse the acne. That is why sugar and breads can be detrimental. Simple elimination of simple carbs will help tremendously and with a low carb diet and supplements like chromium, alpha lipoic acid, gymneia sylvester(spelling?), and fish oils to keep blood sugar levels down. Healing can be seen inside of a week as the inflammation subsides. Fish Oils also thin the sebum and allow it to come thru the pores easier and it will help you burn fat and lower your cholesterol....great stuff!

I wish I had known these things 20 years ago. The good thing is, if my teens start to suffer from this inherited genetic weakness, I have the answers for them!

christopher

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had known these things 20 years ago. The good thing is, if my teens start to suffer from this inherited genetic weakness, I have the answers for them!
Agreed....Hope my kids never have the problem though...