hypothyroid problem

sixty eight

Awards
dr. john i have been told you are a very good doctor in michigan. i live in michigan and i have a few questions for you. i have gone on synthroid .75mcg for 2 years and i still have fatique problems. i was thinking it was maybe low testosterone levels because i am an avid weight lifter so i went and got blood drawn. my doc took everything except estrogen and t3 t4 for some reason i would like to post them and see if you can give me some feedback on them.

LH: 5.6 mIU/mL
normal-2.0-18
prolactin: 18.43 ng/mL ( has been retested since then and it is normal now)
normal- 1.8-14.4
total testosterone:637
normal 181-1593ng/dl
free test:13.1 pg/mL
normal 5.6-27
TSH 3.0954
normal .35-4.94 uIU/mL

any reason why i am still feeling horrible?

i also have come to a platue in the gym and i am wondering if it has something to do with the thyroid because i have been dieting and i am still holding water.

thiank you

smc252

Awards
  • Established
LH: 5.6 mIU/mL normal-2.0-18
prolactin: 18.43 ng/mL normal- 1.8-14.4
total testosterone:637 normal 181-1593ng/dl
free test:13.1 pg/mL normal 5.6-27
TSH 3.0954
normal .35-4.94 uIU/mL

i also have come to a platue in the gym and i am wondering if it has something to do with the thyroid because i have been dieting and i am still holding water.

thank you
As you know, we need to see FREE T3 and FREE T4 to know what is going on. Your doc seems to be working while blind-folded. He has some wild test ranges too..

It really does look like you are under-dosed even just by seeing the high TSH. 75mcg is a small dose, as a "normal" thyroid produces around ~200mcg/day. I am on 100mcg now and still hypo as can be :( You may need some T3. (A lot of people LOVE Armour Thyroid as it has all the thyroid hormones; t1,t2,t3,t4.)

What other symtoms do you have? Having normal sex drive, erections and ejaculations? Lethargy? Depressed? ...etc Personally, I have an issue with over-lapping symptoms, as thyroid stuff can look like testosterone stuff and vice versa.

Your LH looks good, but free testosterone is def looking low. (My free testosterone is at 15, and I feel like poop on a stick...and yes, that is a poopsicle, not popsicle!)

Total testosterone may be okay, depending on how you feel and your age. You may have estradiol issues. How is SHBG?

Hopefully the prolactin was a fluke and it is not spiking like that. :wtf:

Have you tested adrenals? This can make you feel like total crap, and I am willing to bet this may be an issue for you. I know of a lot of people on thyroid meds eventually develope adrenal fatigue.

I suggest checking as much stuff as you can get away with. :thumbsup:

sixty eight

Awards
i am only 18 years oold that is why this pisses me off so bad because i have so many other side effects from the hypothyroid i pretty much have every single one you named. i am going back in august to get everything tested. i am gonna be firm with him because in the past he said the symtoms will go away with time but i have felt like **** for 2 years. i looked up urmour medicine and it said you cant take it if you have cardio vascular desease. well of coarse im blessed with a bi cuspid aorta valve as well.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i am only 18 years oold that is why this pisses me off so bad because i have so many other side effects from the hypothyroid i pretty much have every single one you named. i am going back in august to get everything tested. i am gonna be firm with him because in the past he said the symtoms will go away with time but i have felt like **** for 2 years. i looked up urmour medicine and it said you cant take it if you have cardio vascular desease. well of coarse im blessed with a bi cuspid aorta valve as well.
If you want nice list for testing, look at my old posts.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
i officially know nothing....but i know this..

my wife gets 100mcg of synthroid, and her TSH is 0.05!!

something seems REALLY wrong with a 3.09

phats

sixty eight

Awards
yeah i know, that is why i am gonna call my doc tommorow and see if i can just get some labs done. does anyone know what tests i should have him do??

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
yeah i know, that is why i am gonna call my doc tommorow and see if i can just get some labs done. does anyone know what tests i should have him do??
While you are on Armour, make sure he does not test TSH.
Test
FreeT3
FreeT4

smc252

Awards
  • Established
i officially know nothing....but i know this..

my wife gets 100mcg of synthroid, and her TSH is 0.05!!

something seems REALLY wrong with a 3.09

phats
When external thyroid hormones are where they should be, TSH should be suppressed quite a bit. Supply and demand :)

JesusReagan

JesusReagan

Awards
TSH 3.0954
normal .35-4.94 uIU/mL

thiank you[/QUOTE]

Your still hypo. My TSH is almost exactly the same as yours, and the range on the lab test (Quest) was .5 - 5.5. Endocrinologists are pushing for the upper limit to be changed to 3.0, my doc considers me hypo at the same number you have. Guys are right, you need T3, T4 tested.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If and you should see Dr. John don't do any tests untill you see him and let him tell you what you need tested. Did you read the stickys I told you to read about seeing him.

smc252

Awards
  • Established
For men, a 2.0 TSH is considered normal. My osteopath agreed with me that the current ranges are absolute trash.

See an osteo or doctor that isn't in their 90s and old fashioned :)