For people who have gone to see Dr. Crisler

Kingston pt

Awards
If you tried to get your insurance to pay for your perscriptions, office visit or labs did they pay for them? Which ones did they pay for?
Thanks

fbcoach

Awards
I had a consultation with Dr Crisler back in Feb. My Dr. refused to work with him, so I went to the lab muself. They told me my insurance wouldn't cover it. So I did lots of research on my own and did my own home labs. I took all of this to my Dr. to let him know that I was dead serious on getting back my health....he wrote the prescription for the labs that Dr. Crisler ordered so I can do the bloodwork this week and put my health in Dr. Crisler's hands. My insurance will now pay for it. I have learned that nobody cares as much about my health as me, and it is up to me to let the Healthcare workers know that I intend to get my health back and they took an oath to help me. I guess I told you all of this because you have a right to have your health taken care of, and you pay your insurance and Dr. for that right. Good luck and stay persistant..it will pay off. By the way..IMHO it is always in your best interest to get the best..even if it costs more, So that's what I did :)

fbcoach

Awards
By the way, you can also get your labs done much cheaper at LEF.

Kingston pt

Awards
Does insurance cover arimidex or Anastrozole? Is armour the med. used to treat low cortisol?
Thanks

fbcoach

Awards
My cortisol was low al 4 times of the day. It also came back I was hypothyroid. Armour is a dessicated thyroid med. It has t-4, t-3, t-2, t-1, and calcitonin in it. For cortisol they use Isocort (OTC), Hydrocortisone (Cortef), and Medrol. If your cortisol is low, it would also be a good idea to check your aldosterone and renin levels. It is my understanding that you need cortisol to carry the t-3 into the cells.

The best advice I could give you is to let the experts (Dr. Crisler) manage your health care. I have a minor in Biochemistry and this stuff is just mind-boggling. There are so many intricate details, that one miscalculation can not only screw the lab tests up, but more importantly your health.

As for aimidex being covered on your insurance, just call your insurance company and they will tell you all the medications that they cover.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I had a consultation with Dr Crisler back in Feb. My Dr. refused to work with him, so I went to the lab muself. They told me my insurance wouldn't cover it. So I did lots of research on my own and did my own home labs. I took all of this to my Dr. to let him know that I was dead serious on getting back my health....he wrote the prescription for the labs that Dr. Crisler ordered so I can do the bloodwork this week and put my health in Dr. Crisler's hands. My insurance will now pay for it. I have learned that nobody cares as much about my health as me, and it is up to me to let the Healthcare workers know that I intend to get my health back and they took an oath to help me. I guess I told you all of this because you have a right to have your health taken care of, and you pay your insurance and Dr. for that right. Good luck and stay persistant..it will pay off. By the way..IMHO it is always in your best interest to get the best..even if it costs more, So that's what I did :)
Just in case keep this at hand.
--------------------------------------

------------------------------------------
ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
257.2 Other testicular hypofunction 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 257.2 - Other Testicular Hypofunction
272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 272.* - Disorders of lipoid metabolism
601.9 Prostatitis unspecified 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 601.* - Inflammatory diseases of prostate
780.4 Dizziness and giddiness 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.4 - Dizziness And Giddiness
780.79 Other malaise and fatigue 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.79 - Other Malaise And Fatigue
788.41 Urinary frequency 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 788.41 - Urinary Frequency
253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands

Anabolic Steroids and Bodybuilding - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
255 Disorders of adrenal glands
For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/56511-hgh-insurance-coverage.html#post685212
Dr. John 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM
ICD-9 253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency