Zits the size of cherry-pits on me - AnabolicMinds.com

Zits the size of cherry-pits on me

  1. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    Zits the size of cherry-pits on me


    I am on 100 mg T a week.

    Every 3 weeks or so I get 2-3 big zits on my rear upper arms/shoulders - same area all the time.

    Maybe I need to scrub better in the shower.

  2. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    Cool,

    There is a dermitologist near my office. She was cut two moles off of me and I have not fired her yet, so maybe I can make another visit to her.

    The zits are not that big of a deal though.
  3. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1091

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    Cool,

    There is a dermitologist near my office. She was cut two moles off of me and I have not fired her yet, so maybe I can make another visit to her.

    The zits are not that big of a deal though.
    Are you sure they are zits and not a hive do they come to head I get this but they are hives and I will get one or 2 a month. I have very oily skin only on my face it will even get into my eyes so I use a baby wipe on my face about every 3 hrs.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    I do not like the idea of accutane.

    Much better off with megadosing B-5 and fish oil.

    I used to get acne before. I do not now.
  5. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    I'm not advising you to do this, but perhaps, given your extremely oily skin, and cystic acne, you might consider consulting with a Dermatologist regarding Accutane therapy.
    http://www.drugs.com/accutane.html
    Before taking Accutane, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any foods or drugs, or if you have:

    a personal or family history of depression or mental illness;

    heart diease, high cholesterol or triglycerides;

    osteoporosis or other bone disorders;

    diabetes;

    asthma;

    an eating disroder (anorexia nervosa); or

    liver disease.
  6. New Member
    Motomatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    54
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    205

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    I am on 100 mg T a week.

    Every 3 weeks or so I get 2-3 big zits on my rear upper arms/shoulders - same area all the time.

    Maybe I need to scrub better in the shower.
    I upped my vit A (not Beta-Carotene) to 40,000 iu a day and I also take zinc 50mg a day.
    I stopped getting new zits in about 2 weeks.
  7. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Motomatt View Post
    I upped my vit A (not Beta-Carotene) to 40,000 iu a day and I also take zinc 50mg a day.
    I stopped getting new zits in about 2 weeks.
    My vitamin A intake through supplementation is 10,000 IU.
    Zinc is at about 70 mg

    I will see about increasing vitamin A.
  8. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Are you sure they are zits and not a hive do they come to head I get this but they are hives and I will get one or 2 a month. I have very oily skin only on my face it will even get into my eyes so I use a baby wipe on my face about every 3 hrs.
    I am not sure that it is not a hive. The only hives I could accurately recognize are bee-hives. I have been attacking whatever they are and once even used an insulin syringe as part of the attack to lance it. : )
  9. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4373

    Reputation

    Pimples on my back dont really bother me, except for sometimes when in the shower, water will hit one just right and it will hurt, or when I scratch one without realising.

    1st thing I would try is a benzyl peroxide body wash.
  10. New Member
    christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    I do not like the idea of accutane.

    Much better off with megadosing B-5 and fish oil.

    I used to get acne before. I do not now.
    I'd start w/megadose (6-7,ooo EPA/DHA daily) for 3-6 mos and then gradually decrease until symptoms reappear....Then you KNOW your case specific dose....and you also know if the problem is being corrected w/omegas or B-5....
  11. New Member
    bearmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    260

    Reputation

    If you are going to go the prescription route, you may wish to consider Retin-A. It's a great for treating the problem when it arises. You can also use it to prevent acne but I would only use it every two or three days on the affected areas, otherwise your skin dries out like nobody's business and can actually become painful b/c if feels like your face is on fire.
  12. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    I'd start w/megadose (6-7,ooo EPA/DHA daily) for 3-6 mos and then gradually decrease until symptoms reappear....Then you KNOW your case specific dose....and you also know if the problem is being corrected w/omegas or B-5....
    They both work.

    I have high DHT levels.

    Acne is caused by high DHT receptors ON THE SKIN, however guess who usually has this? People with naturally high DHT levels as well. Usually though.

    Megadosing the fish oil cleared up about 40 percent, adding in B-5 pretty much wiped out the rest.

    Interestingly enough, resveratrol has also helped as well.

    Nothing in the past worked for me, was on a whole host of topicals and antibiotics.

    Dealing with acne has actually completely changed my life for the good, it is what lead me to research supplements/antiaging/etc.

    I have a couple cyst scars on back, none on face, I am lucky(and handsome now ) Wasn't always this way.
  13. New Member
    christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    243

    Reputation

    [QUOTE=plymouth city;881826]They both work.

    I have high DHT levels.


    Acne is caused by high DHT receptors ON THE SKIN, however guess who usually has this? People with naturally high DHT levels as well. Usually though.

    WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFO....? DON'T SEE HOW THEY ARE RELATED... SEBUM PRODUCTION, INFLAMMATION....

    RESEARCH @ ASKWALTSTOLLMD.COM

    Megadosing the fish oil cleared up about 40 percent, adding in B-5 pretty much wiped out the rest.

    Interestingly enough, resveratrol has also helped as well.
    HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WAS THE RESVERATROL, NOT THE B5 AND NOT THE OMEGAS...
  14. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4373

    Reputation

    B5 is known for acne treatment, Testosterone acts on muscle and DHT acts on everywhere else such as skin, hair, voice etc.
  15. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4373

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Can some of you guys share how much B5 it took to be effective?
    Posted by Panto @ acne.org

    In Dr. Lit-Hung Leung's study the dosage that was mainly used is 10 grams. This is ideally how much you should take to get the best results. However, do not begin taking 10 grams right away. Your body needs to get used to the high intake of B5.

    Since you will be taking 10 grams a day, it is best to buy Vitamin B5 in capsules that are 500mg each. 1000mg (milligrams) is equal to 1g (gram). Therefore, 2 pills is 1 gram.

    -For the first 3 days, you will want to take a dosage of 5 grams a day. This is a total of 10 pills a day. It is good to have it spread out throughout the day, so it might be good to take 5 pills in the morning, and 5 pills at night.
    -When the 3 days are up, you will be moving up the full 10 gram dosage. This will mean 20 pills a day. Again, you will want to have a steady supply of B5 throughout the day, so taking it in intervals is important. You will be taking 5 pills, 4 times a day. It is very key to be as consistent as you can.
    -Keep taking the vitamin B5 for 3 months. I saw results after the 1st week, some people see first results after 2 weeks. After 3 months you should hopefully have clear skin. Make sure you take the b5 consistenly and EVERY DAY for 3 months. (Note: Some people have an initial breakout. This can be caused from pre-existing pimples that are just pushing through. But keep with it, it WILL help you.)
    -After your acne has finally cleared up, you will still want to continue taking B5, but not in such high doses. Maybe drop down to 5 grams a day. If you get more acne, increase your dosage immediately, and then adjust to a dosage where you do not break out. Overtime you can keep decreasing.
    -Another point I would like to mention is to make sure you take vitamin B complex vitamins. Taking this much vitamin b5 might cause a deficiency in the other b vitamins. I just take 1 pill of the complex twice a day.
    RDA: 10mg
    Therapeutic Range:250mg - 20g+

    the symptoms of too high of a dose is:
    Edema, severe fatigue, joint pains, reduced protein metabolism, gastrointestinal symptoms, raised VLDL triglycerides, calcification, dehydration, depression.


    Personally I wouldnt consider B5 as an acne treatment.
  16. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    We have found there is a difference between high serum/urine DHT levels and intracellular 5-AR (the enzyme that converts T into DHT) activity.
    Yes sir Doc this is true - its the high 5-AR enzyme activity acting on the DHT receptors on the skin.

    This is why you see some teens with high T with no acne and some that do.

    What I was pointing out that it can generally be said that if one has 5-AR enzyme activity acting on the DHT receptors on the skin, one probably has high DHT levels, usually.

    So this is known. Now how to stop it?

    Unfortunately, DHT lowering drugs are pointless. They don't deal with the enzyme activity on the skin, just within the body.

    My position is that right now we are helpless in trying to fight that - What one needs to do is battle control - clean up the mess. How do we do that? By two ways - controlling inflammation and to lessen the amount of sebum secretion on the skin.

    There are a couple of very potent natural anti inflammatories on the market today - and they both have a whole host of other properties good for you. EDIT BY DR CRISLER: YOU KNOW WHY ALREADY. The second is resveratrol, which I now get from lef.org.

    Vitamin B5 helps to break down fatty acids. The more of it you take, the more fatty acids you break down meaning that the less you store and hence, less is secreted through the skin. Decreased sebum secretion decreases the chance of acne formation…
    Last edited by Dr. John; 07-08-2007 at 12:09 PM.
  17. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Can some of you guys share how much B5 it took to be effective?
    I started off strong and backed down - 5g initial dose to really go to battle.

    Then I backed off to 1g and was on that for awile.

    Now I take 500mg a day as a maintenance dose.

    FYI I get B-5 from lef.org.
  18. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    Posted by Panto @ acne.org



    RDA: 10mg
    Therapeutic Range:250mg - 20g+

    the symptoms of too high of a dose is:
    Edema, severe fatigue, joint pains, reduced protein metabolism, gastrointestinal symptoms, raised VLDL triglycerides, calcification, dehydration, depression.


    Personally I wouldnt consider B5 as an acne treatment.
    You don't stay on high dose very long.

    Your insane to think B-5 is no good for acne. Works on most and is a thousand times more safer than the topicals and antiobiotics and accutane.

    Antiobiotics for acne is ridiculous and I don't even need to go into why its not a good idea. Way over prescribed and let us not forget the damage it does to our intestinal flora.

    Accutabe should be banned from the market. It is in the more progressive countries of Europe.

    And topicals? Remember folks, don't put anything on your skin that you wouldn't eat, cause its of similar action.
  19. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    B5 raises cortisol levels. 10 grams of B5 is a hefty dosage.
  20. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by 1cc View Post
    B5 raises cortisol levels. 10 grams of B5 is a hefty dosage.
    My cortisol levels, t4 and t3 where all within perfect range.

    Again, Im not fighting this issue anymore. Follow the advise from people who haven't tried it or follow mine which has worked for me. Ive got 15 years studying acne. Ive tried everything.

    I do have very high DHEA levels to fight cortisol.
  21. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Again, Im not fighting this issue anymore.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just pointing out the fact that B5 raises cortisol. Another interesting point is, since B5 raises cortisol, perhaps it is by this mechanism that it is providing benefit. In that case, wouldn't taking hydrocortisone provide the same results? Wouldn't using hydrocortisone cream provide the same results?
  22. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by 1cc View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just pointing out the fact that B5 raises cortisol. Another interesting point is, since B5 raises cortisol, perhaps it is by this mechanism that it is providing benefit. In that case, wouldn't taking hydrocortisone provide the same results? Wouldn't using hydrocortisone cream provide the same results?
    Increase in cortisol = antiinflammatory response.

    Yea, hydrocortisone is an EXTREMELY potent ance fighter. I can remember back in my football days getting cortisone shots - my skin would clear up immediately.

    Problem with that is this - cortisol kills testosterone and rasies estrogen. Any increase in cortisol from B-5 would probably be small and no harm, but straight cortisone your looking at a pretty potent anti T product.
  23. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Problem with that is this - cortisol kills testosterone and rasies estrogen. Any increase in cortisol from B-5 would probably be small and no harm, but straight cortisone your looking at a pretty potent anti T product.
    The increase in cortisol would be pretty high on high doses of B5 as well, and would have the same effect as taking hydrocortisone at a similar dosage.

    Since it seems that it is the anti-inflamatory action of the cortisol that is providing the benefit, perhaps the better route would be a low dose hydrocortisone cream, since this would act externally on the skin. Not sure if this would be as effective as internal cortisol, although I believe it should be. There is also the issue of how long/frequently one can apply HC cream safely. Just an idea.
  24. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by 1cc View Post
    The increase in cortisol would be pretty high on high doses of B5 as well, and would have the same effect as taking hydrocortisone at a similar dosage.

    Since it seems that it is the anti-inflamatory action of the cortisol that is providing the benefit, perhaps the better route would be a low dose hydrocortisone cream, since this would act externally on the skin. Not sure if this would be as effective as internal cortisol, although I believe it should be. There is also the issue of how long/frequently one can apply HC cream safely. Just an idea.
    I like what your saying, your right. I never got to 10g, and I was only on 5g for the first couple weeks. I now only take 500mg as a maintentance dose. My cortisol was fine on tests. I might drop to 250mg soon and just stay on that forever, or at least for awile.

    Remember, putting on cortisol transdermally is no different than injecting it. Its just like T cream and T injections - everything you put on skin, given correct ingredients, is of similar action.

    On another note, Im sorta bummed out that I cannot do another experiment on acne -

    EDIT BY DR CRISLER: You're bummed out you don't still have ance? LOL. Having said that, we are not going to advertise generic OTC testosterone elevating products here. That's no better than prescribing "cookie cutter" TRT. I've told you this before.

    1. I like being a lab rat and trying new things. Its fun and I like to do daring stuff

    2. I do not why you edited this because there is an advertisement for the product I was talking about on your board - they are paying for avertisement, i thought I could talk about them.
    Last edited by Dr. John; 07-08-2007 at 12:06 PM.
  25. 1cc
    1cc is offline
    New Member
    1cc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    159

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    I now only take 500mg as a maintentance dose.
    250-500mg is not a big dose.

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Remember, putting on cortisol transdermally is no different than injecting it. Its just like T cream and T injections - everything you put on skin, given correct ingredients, is of similar action.
    A 1% HC cream would provide 10mg HC per gram of cream. Assuming 10% absorption, that means 1mg of HC would get to the blood. I don't know what an effective dosage of HC cream would be, but I believe it can be bought in as little as 0.5% strength. It also may not be necessary to apply daily, but perhaps less frequently.


    EDIT BY DR CRISLER: Had to clean up a previous quote.
    Last edited by Dr. John; 07-08-2007 at 12:06 PM.
  26. Registered User
    Zero Tolerance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,328
    Rep Power
    787

    Reputation

    I get this same type of acne and what's helped me is using a loofah (or whatever my wife decides to provide me with from week to week) and scrub really good.. That's made a difference for me...
  27. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    EDIT BY DR CRISLER: You're bummed out you don't still have ance? LOL. Having said that, we are not going to advertise generic OTC testosterone elevating products here. That's no better than prescribing "cookie cutter" TRT. I've told you this before.

    1. I like being a lab rat and trying new things. Its fun and I like to do daring stuff

    2. I do not why you edited this because there is an advertisement for the product I was talking about on your board - they are paying for avertisement, i thought I could talk about them.
  28. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    How much did this help you?
    Im clear as a babies azz. With High potent fish oil + Resveratrol + B-5, Im good to go. Combine this with a good regimine like the one at acne.org if need be, and it will work for pretty much everyone.
  29. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2414

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    1. Your desire to live as an experimental animal for the good of Mankind is truly admirable.

    2. Being a Sponsor on the Board does not mean I am endorsing the product.
    This Forum has to remain good medicine, so it's tough having discussions about OTC products.
    Either way, it's my call. It's also my medical license.
    There are ways we have to do things here in order for me to participate.
    If something becomes proven to me, that is a diferent story.

    But we are not going to promote a generic testosterone elevating product here. It's just not good medicine. You may have noted that I do not allow endorsement of certain other products, even certain compounding pharmacies, here as well.

    Of note, this is not meant as a criticism of anyone's product.
    -------------------------------------------------
    The last thing I want is for you to stop participating.
    Thank you for being here and
    great education we are getting thanks to that.
  30. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    1. Your desire to live as an experimental animal for the good of Mankind is truly admirable.

    2. Being a Sponsor on the Board does not mean I am endorsing the product. This Forum has to remain good medicine, so it's tough having discussions about OTC products. Either way, it's my call. It's also my medical license. There are ways we have to do things here in order for me to participate. If something becomes proven to me, that is a diferent story.

    But we are not going to promote a generic testosterone elevating product here. It's just not good medicine. You may have noted that I do not allow endorsement of certain other products, even certain compounding pharmacies, here as well.

    Of note, this is not meant as a criticism of anyone's product.
    I was being a little sarcastic about the lab rat part

    I hardly call taking resveratrol and benzoflavone 7,8 risky, LOL.

    LINE EDITED BY DR CRISLER: STOP TRYING TO CAUSE A PROBLEM WHERE NONE EXISTS. END OF LINE.
    Last edited by Dr. John; 07-09-2007 at 04:08 PM.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 01:16 AM
  2. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 11:52 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 01:39 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 11:16 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in