Blood spot and saliva lab results...HELP!!!!

fbcoach

Awards
Hopefully Dr. John can get me back on the right track :)

E2 1.4pg/ml (0.8-2.2)

Progesterone 36pg/ml (12-100)

Testosterone 887pg/ml (115-3700) range based on 100mgs. testosterone enanthate/week

DHEAS 10.5ng/ml (2-23) Age dependent

CORTISOL
morning 2.8ng/ml (3.7-9.5)
noon 1.0ng/ml (1.2-3.0)
evening 1.2ng/ml (0.7-2.5)
night 0.2ng/ml (0.4-1.0)

Free T4 1.2ng/dl (0.7-2.5)

Free T3 2.6pg/ml (2.5-6.5)

TSH 1.3uU/ml (0.5-3.0)
TPO 16IU (0-150)

SYMPTOMS
-chronic pain
-lethargy
-no motivation
-just want to sleep all the time
-sleep disturbances
-low grade depression

MEDICATIONS
-50mgs. testosterone enanthate Monday & Thursday
-2.5mgs. arimidex every 3 days
- just got off a week of Isocort

Any suggestions and interpretations are welcome!!!!
Thank you very much in advance :)
I just want to feel NORMAL again....at least, normal for me :)

Before I forget, the TRT has helped somewhat, especially cosmetically!!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully Dr. John can get me back on the right track :)

E2 1.4pg/ml (0.8-2.2)

Progesterone 36pg/ml (12-100)

Testosterone 887pg/ml (115-3700) range based on 100mgs. testosterone enanthate/week

DHEAS 10.5ng/ml (2-23) Age dependent

CORTISOL
morning 2.8ng/ml (3.7-9.5)
noon 1.0ng/ml (1.2-3.0)
evening 1.2ng/ml (0.7-2.5)
night 0.2ng/ml (0.4-1.0)

Free T4 1.2ng/dl (0.7-2.5)

Free T3 2.6pg/ml (2.5-6.5)

TSH 1.3uU/ml (0.5-3.0)
TPO 16IU (0-150)

SYMPTOMS
-chronic pain
-lethargy
-no motivation
-just want to sleep all the time
-sleep disturbances
-low grade depression

MEDICATIONS
-50mgs. testosterone enanthate Monday & Thursday
-2.5mgs. arimidex every 3 days
- just got off a week of Isocort

Any suggestions and interpretations are welcome!!!!
Thank you very much in advance :)
I just want to feel NORMAL again....at least, normal for me :)

Before I forget, the TRT has helped somewhat, especially cosmetically!!
Post your Albumin and SHBG.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
were you on isocort during or before the testing? If so, the tests are even more problematic (and im leaning more and more towards Dr. John's position that saliva tests are completely worthless).

Anyways, your cortisol levels are low. Morning should be toward top end...the range is a bit skewed. you probably would do better on HC, but Id rather have you see a doc and do it then do it alone.

are you working with Dr. John?

fbcoach

Awards
Scottyo,
I was not on Isocort during the testing. I went on the Isocort afterwards for only a week. I have been off it for 2 days now. YES, I flew to see Dr. John back In Feb. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford the required lab tests and my Dr. refused to listen to me. I have an appointment with my GP on Monday, and I am going to insist he works with Dr. John. If not, I will be willing to pay out of pocket. I am tired of feeling this way.

fbcoach

Awards
By the way....I was going to treat my self since I couldn't find anyone to do it, but chickened out. I don't want to mess myself up even more. I have bought a couple books on Thyroid and adrenals....so I am learning..a little :)

fbcoach

Awards
Also, I would like to point out to anybody reviewing this, the reason for chronic pain is I had a cervical lamenctomy performed well over a decade ago, and have had chronic pain along with fatigue ever since. It just seems to be getting worse.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
By the way....I was going to treat my self since I couldn't find anyone to do it, but chickened out. I don't want to mess myself up even more. I have bought a couple books on Thyroid and adrenals....so I am learning..a little :)
If you want to treat youself
that much more important is to have good test done.
Doctor have (hopefully) experience on his side,
all you have is test numbers, they better be meaningful.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i though Dr John lets guys with less money do rhein urine test for 220 ish bucks that is supposedly nearly as good as quest

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
i though Dr John lets guys with less money do rhein urine test for 220 ish bucks that is supposedly nearly as good as quest
He does, but there is still a minimal amount of bloodwork. You can save several hundred dollars by doing the 24 hr. UA, but the testing will still cost hundreds. For a lot of guys who are paying out of pocket, that can be a real bite.

Even if you can afford it, it gets tiresome laying out hundreds or thousands every few months or so.

fbcoach

Awards

Could you explain this to me please? I would be willing to pay a couple thousand, but I would be strapped for more. I have raised my 9 yr. old son by myself and I don't get any child support, so money is an issue.
Thanks

It's a shame, I have worked for the school system for over 20 years and my insurance won't cover it....or is there some loophole????

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He does, but there is still a minimal amount of bloodwork. You can save several hundred dollars by doing the 24 hr. UA, but the testing will still cost hundreds. For a lot of guys who are paying out of pocket, that can be a real bite.

Even if you can afford it, it gets tiresome laying out hundreds or thousands every few months or so.
What BW? Im sure the initial BW that covers everything oncology related, but once that baseline is set everything else can be monitored threw UA.

Dr John should jump in here :bruce3:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hormone Profiling

Unless there is something else than what I see on their web page, RheinLabs are about 2/16 estrones.
There is nothing there that would substitute for blood test.
Maybe DHEA and E2
But then problem arises on how to figure out the proper ranges.

With that said, I save money on test at RheinLabs and instead buy:
DualAction
TMG
Resveratol
and eat it.
I also have a lot of calcium glucarate in my multis.

What would I do with (separate test)
FreeT3
FreeT4
what ranges are desirable?

fbcoach

Awards
Thanks Dr. John....I called and will set up a virtual cosultation with you. I have an appointment this Monday (7-2) with my GP. My question is should we have the virtual consultation before or after my appointment. I guess with this short of notice and your busy schedule it will more than likely be after. I am sure Kim will let me know tomorrow. Thank you for coming in here. It makes me feel a lot better knowing I will be putting my health in your hands :) Again, thanks

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
What BW? Im sure the initial BW that covers everything oncology related, but once that baseline is set everything else can be monitored threw UA.

Dr John should jump in here :bruce3:

CBC, PSA, CHEM, THYROID, etc.